Discussion Power Strongest Gotei 13 line up

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
While you're active in this thread:
Are the light novels worth it?
And how canon are they? You can also give your personal opinion on which one's are worth reading and why, if you don't mind
There's only one set that's recognizes as canon and translated into english and that's Can't Fear Your Own World.

It's all based around Hisagi trying to determine some cryptic words Aizen gave him regarding Tosen, moments before being sealed up. Involves Arrancar, Shinigami and surviving Sternritter in a plot involving a new antagonist who was contemporaries with Shunsui and Ukitake and murdered Tosen's childhood friend.

IMO, CFYOW is really good and fills in a lot of the world building questions that TYBW left us in the dust for. We learn so much about the noble families, the Soul King and Fullbringers in this novel. I really do recommend it, I think it's cheap on VIZ and comes in three issues. And while the contents of CFYOW are canon, Kubo described them as soft canon. Everything happened by the literal interpretation of events isn't canonized. So a little useless for most powerscaling, but you can easily say Urahara fought off this Aizen level Fullbringer.

The other novels I've never fully read because they never got put out in english. I know they aren't really regarded in the same way as CFYOW. Some elements of them are consistent with the manga and I do feel like Kubo keeps some aspects of these novels close to canon. I know Spirits are Forever With You (the Azashiro novel) is probably closest to canon due to Kubo incorporating elements from it.

There's only one set that's recognizes as canon and translated into english and that's Can't Fear Your Own World.

It's all based around Hisagi trying to determine some cryptic words Aizen gave him regarding Tosen, moments before being sealed up. Involves Arrancar, Shinigami and surviving Sternritter in a plot involving a new antagonist who was contemporaries with Shunsui and Ukitake and murdered Tosen's childhood friend.

IMO, CFYOW is really good and fills in a lot of the world building questions that TYBW left us in the dust for. We learn so much about the noble families, the Soul King and Fullbringers in this novel. I really do recommend it, I think it's cheap on VIZ and comes in three issues. And while the contents of CFYOW are canon, Kubo described them as soft canon. Everything happened by the literal interpretation of events isn't canonized. So a little useless for most powerscaling, but you can easily say Urahara fought off this Aizen level Fullbringer.

The other novels I've never fully read because they never got put out in english. I know they aren't really regarded in the same way as CFYOW. Some elements of them are consistent with the manga and I do feel like Kubo keeps some aspects of these novels close to canon. I know Spirits are Forever With You (the Azashiro novel) is probably closest to canon due to Kubo incorporating elements from it.
Saw CFYOW mentioned online a lot. And with how little I know about the Soul King - who he is, why he's sealed off, why did it even come to having a Soul King - I'll probably give it a go. Though I'm not big on light novels usually, this will be my first one

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Saw CFYOW mentioned online a lot. And with how little I know about the Soul King - who he is, why he's sealed off, why did it even come to having a Soul King - I'll probably give it a go. Though I'm not big on light novels usually, this will be my first one
I highly recommend it. It doesn't have the main cast, it's all side characters, so to me it's a refreshing take on a story.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Who are the 13 strongest captains or captain commanders ever ?

make the 13 strongest line up Gotei 13. No need to care about division speciality.

let’s go !

(no division 0 allowed if they weren’t captains before hand)

@Seth @Jiihad @TheAncientCenturion @PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @NikaInParis @Garp the Fist @T2K Baka @Golden Garp @Don DaSlayer @Akagame @ZenZu @Bepo @SkySanji @Dark Admiral @MonochromeYoru @Surgeon of death @Playa4321 @Kejon @MonsterKaido @Haoshoku @Don't Mind Me @Shisui etc etc
On god, I'm so outdated with Bleach maybe I will revisit this thread once I finish my planned reread.

Off the top of my head in no order:

Supreme Commander: TAC's mom.
Yamamoto, Urahara, Aizen, Unohana, Gin, Shunsui, Mayuri, Shinji, Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Ukitake, Toshiro, and Isshin?

I definitely overlooked someone or forgot he exists, I haven't read Bleach in so fucking long.

On top of my head

1. Yamamoto
2. Ichibei
3. EOS Adult Hitugaya
4. EOS Kenpachi
5. Azashiro
6. Base Aizen
7. Shunsui
8. RG Byakuya
9. Unohana
10. Urahara with prep (He was captain so counting him)
11. RG Renji
12. EOS Rukia
13. Gin

Honorable mentions -- Rest of Royal guards -- Logically they should be at least higher than Shunsui but they never showed feats so not counting them

(Also EOS = Current versions)

I need to read those. Are they better written than the Naruto novels? Those were like reading some shit from the book fair.

I tried to order this list, but I give up:

Yama
Kenpachi
Unohana
Urahara
Aizen
Shunsui
Isshin
Yoruichi
Byakuya
Apparently, Azashiro belongs in there, but idk where.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
  1. Yamamoto
  2. Kenpachi
  3. Kisuke
  4. Shunsui
  5. Unohana
  6. Ukitake
  7. Shinigami Aizen
  8. Toshiro
  9. Byakuya
  10. Isshin
  11. Gin
  12. Yoruichi
  13. Tessai
  14. Shinji
  15. Mayuri
  16. Rukia
  17. Soifon
  18. Kensei
  19. Komamura
  20. Love
  21. Shinigami Tosen
  22. Lisa
  23. Isane

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I need to read those. Are they better written than the Naruto novels? Those were like reading some shit from the book fair.
I never read the Naruto novels, I stayed clear of those. But the Can't Fear Your Own World Trilogy is really, really good. It tells a pretty satisfying story, the antagonist has a really enjoyable, malicious personality and the focus is all on side characters (which is great for me, I like the side cast more than the Karakura crew).

I wasn't expecting CFYOW to be this good since I heard so much mixed opinions about SAFWY, but it really does help with the worldbuilding and the lore. I do hope that gets expanded on, especially a prequel about how the SS was 1000 years ago. I hope Kubo doesn't feel pressured and actually goes through with it because he doesn't like doing things when pressured.

1- Yamamoto Genryussai
2- Zaraki Kenpachi
3- Unohana Kenpachi
4- Azashiro Kenpachi
5- Kuroyashiki Kenpachi
6- Shinigami Aizen
7- Shunsui Kyoraku
8- Urahara Kisuke
9- Byakuya Kuchiki
10- Mayuri
11- Yoruichi
12- Ukitake
13- Hikifune

Damn no adult hitsugsya? He is really underrated
Hitsugaya's adult form can only be accessed after all of his Bankai's ice petals have fallen. (Not sure about that, it's been a long time since I read the manga)

So it takes a considerable amount of time.

But if I ignored that, yes, adult Hitsugaya would undoubtedly be in the most powerful formation in history, being also one of the strongest in it.