General & Others Why Boruto sucks as a next generation story

None of the characters exist as characters, they have no defined motive and are fan service for the older characters so they get moments of being fathers and struggling with that reality yknow like the norse god of war game except over 1000 times longer and alot more contrived ie instead of being spartan trying to be a normal dad, it's naruto unable to make 4 clones to see his daughter's birthday or some sh-t like that

it's like if they took kazui from bleach who's not that notable and made a 300 ep mini series about him.

but even ignoring that slight jab, When we compare boruto to other next gen anime like yugioh gx and beyblade zero g. it just falls short as those stories are about exploring the next gen as characters as people like what are their motives and what do they do which is kinda necessary when the story is largely self contained
but boruto acts upon the knowledge that you know this is x legacy character's kid and kinda runs assuming you know that without actually offering anything of it's own

I dont need to know about ultimate muscle's dad to enjoy the story but it's a neat piece of knowledge which can make it more enjoyable same goes for nero from dmc 4 and 5. and pretty much any other next gen story not named boruto

I could name countless other stories like shaman king flowers and yashahime, princess half demon which have the same next gen story idea but do it infinitely better
Point being if next gen stories are your kink then dont watch boruto, it sucks. it's standalone story which requires knowledge of prior events imagine having to know all of the jojo history to watch largely self contained stories with jotaro and the such. It's fine to expect that knowledge if it's following the plot of the former story but boruto is a literal spinoff story not following sasuke nor any of the plots from shippuden

None of the characters exist as characters, they have no defined motive and are fan service for the older characters so they get moments of being fathers and struggling with that reality yknow like the norse god of war game except over 1000 times longer and alot more contrived ie instead of being spartan trying to be a normal dad, it's naruto unable to make 4 clones to see his daughter's birthday or some sh-t like that

it's like if they took kazui from bleach who's not that notable and made a 300 ep mini series about him.

but even ignoring that slight jab, When we compare boruto to other next gen anime like yugioh gx and beyblade zero g. it just falls short as those stories are about exploring the next gen as characters as people like what are their motives and what do they do which is kinda necessary when the story is largely self contained
but boruto acts upon the knowledge that you know this is x legacy character's kid and kinda runs assuming you know that without actually offering anything of it's own

I dont need to know about ultimate muscle's dad to enjoy the story but it's a neat piece of knowledge which can make it more enjoyable same goes for nero from dmc 4 and 5. and pretty much any other next gen story not named boruto

I could name countless other stories like shaman king flowers and yashahime, princess half demon which have the same next gen story idea but do it infinitely better
Point being if next gen stories are your kink then dont watch boruto, it sucks. it's standalone story which requires knowledge of prior events imagine having to know all of the jojo history to watch largely self contained stories with jotaro and the such. It's fine to expect that knowledge if it's following the plot of the former story but boruto is a literal spinoff story not following sasuke nor any of the plots from shippuden
Exactly,. Same problem with 4KotA, with SJW woke ruining Seven Deadly Sins, especially Escanor

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
As much as people want a Prequel to Naruto, it would be a lot of the same complaints as Boruto.
I don’t think it would.

Any prequel would have a set story and end point instead of aimlessly trailing forward.

Any prequel wouldn’t involve the main cast and wouldn’t involve working around them (Sasuke losing an eye, Kurama dying,) for the sake of a younger generation.

Any prequel wouldn’t flanderize the message of Naruto (ending conflict through understanding).

Instead a prequel can focus on world building and aspects we haven’t seen in the mainline series. A full blown war between Shinobi, previous Hokage in their prime, villages like Uzushio, etc. there’s more room for a limited prequel than a sequel.

Last edited:
Prequel when Kakashi was a kid and is the main character. Basically Kakashi Gaiden but expanded.
Who would watch that tho? There is already got too much Kakashi content for there to be a prequel just for him, better off doing it for characters that didn’t have half of the screen time that Kakashi had.

Prequel when Kakashi was a kid and is the main character. Basically Kakashi Gaiden but expanded.
A prequel with itachi would be better/more popular I'd even argue that a prequel with the 3 sannin would be better, although I do like kakashi better than itachi and the sannin I think the itachi prequel would make a better story.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oh yeah about Naruto being a bad parent for no logical reason. He can create hundreds of clones no problem so he should never be too busy or too tired. Just a massive plot hole, especially considering the initial rift between Naruto and Boruto was about Naruto never being around because of work.

One of the biggest problems with boruto is that the peaceful times have made the next gen characters soft and the previous gen characters aren't done justice.

I have no issues with the new God of War games, I actually enjoy the plot and the fact that it's now an open world game. I liked the original 4 games when they came out but as technology got better I feel like the new God of War games have improved in every way while staying true to the original story.

I have nothing to say about any of the yu-gi-oh series other than the original. I liked the original 5 seasons as a child but never cared for anything that came after that. Imo yugioh should have ended rather than having a different main character. It's like pokemon, it started out great but got worse the longer they tried to keep it going.
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah about Naruto being a bad parent for no logical reason. He can create hundreds of clones no problem so he should never be too busy or too tired. Just a massive plot hole, especially considering the initial rift between Naruto and Boruto was about Naruto never being around because of work.
Naruto should take some lessons from vegapunk, he could have clones constantly eating and sleeping for him so he doesn't have to not to mention the fact that there is no excuse for being an absent father when you can be in like a thousand places at once

Naruto should take some lessons from vegapunk, he could have clones constantly eating and sleeping for him so he doesn't have to not to mention the fact that there is no excuse for being an absent father when you can be in like a thousand places at once
From a out of universe perspective yea makes total sense why they would have a father busy at work neglecting his kids afterall it's a thing people have to go thorough irl
From a in universe perspective though, He can at 5 to 6 places at once so no reason why that sorta irl situation can even occur in this universe but they wanted to parallel real life at the cost of internal logic so what can you do

One of the biggest problems with boruto is that the peaceful times have made the next gen characters soft and the previous gen characters aren't done justice.
Same goes with the older characters
They struggle with shin uchiha and other characters who are much weaker then the likes of madara
Post automatically merged:

He’s way more interesting than all of those shitty characters. You think people would want a Choji or Lee spinoff?

There already is a rock lee spinoff
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_Lee_&_His_Ninja_Pals_episodes