Character Discussion To what extent have the Yonko delivered thus far?

What's your take?

• Total voters
Back during Punk Hazard, Law proposed the plan to take down Kaido and from then on the story was gradually building up to the conclusion of the Yonko saga in which 2 Yonko were defeated, essentially making them 'final bosses' to be defeated by the alliance. To what extent are you satisfied by their performance/screentime and the extent to which they served their purpose as antagonists, i.e. did they serve their role in a good way?

As for Blackbeard, we've seen him do numerous things in the new world including his fight with Law but his time to the be the primary antagonist hasn't come yet.
Let's also just exclude Shanks for this discussion because he's a different case and has very limited screentime, I'm not sure where Oda decides to take his character in the final saga, not necessarily a villain.

2 yonko jobbing vs 5 rookies was the most pathetic display of any "top tier" in any series I've ever seen.
most of them didn't even had the haki to hurt their gimmick and they still lost. 2 most pathetic top tiers in Shonen history

Imagine 2 kages fighting 5 chunin and still losing somehow.

Last edited:
The hype for big mom is as expected, she's a Disney style goofball

with Kaidou I was disappointed, character wise he was keeping it hot till his goofy ass drunk phases came in
like what the fuck is a "Flirty Kaido" mfucker reigned as a yonko but behind the scenes is secretly a weirdo

This "plan" to take down the yonkos did jackshit, Oda never cared about the plan in the first place it was just for hype

and also the beast pirates, holy shit they belong in big moms journal book cause damn they were horrendous

King was pretty cool, Queen was fat and ugly and just childish, no hype in him at all

Big Mom got ran thru by some brats with dogshit Haki, Kaidou's fight was good until he got ragdolled and used as a 24 hour planet fitness set, went from being a fierce dragon to a dollar store dragon chewtoy
Post automatically merged:

Kaidou's "mighty" army to take over the world

Last edited:
--In terms of power level Kaido exceeded my expectations ; From taking ridiculous number of attacks , from having all the adv forms of Haki , best speed , capability to lift an island and finally an island level magma form to end it. Only negative for me was the size of hybrid form. It should have been much bigger and more powerful.

--BM was meh imo. She showed good defense but her offense was severely lacking especially against law and kidd. No adv haki attacks also other than one time against page one. No big elemental attacks against kidd and law. Her defense was the only plus.

So Kaido was awesome but BM in terms of offense was meh.

As for fights BM vs law and kidd was meh ; Drunken mode Kaido vs Base/G4 luffy was fire. Rest was meh G5 killed the tension

2 yonko jobbing vs 5 rookies was the most pathetic display of any "top tier" in any series I've ever seen.
most of them didn't even had the haki to hurt their gimmick and they still lost. 2 most pathetic top tiers in Shonen history

The hype for big mom is as expected, she's a Disney style goofball

with Kaidou I was disappointed, character wise he was keeping it hot till his goofy ass drunk phases came in
like what the fuck is a "Flirty Kaido" mfucker reigned as a yonko but behind the scenes is secretly a weirdo

This "plan" to take down the yonkos did jackshit, Oda never cared about the plan in the first place it was just for hype

and also the beast pirates, holy shit they belong in big moms journal book cause damn they were horrendous

King was pretty cool, Queen was fat and ugly and just childish, no hype in him at all

Big Mom got ran thru by some brats with dogshit Haki, Kaidou's fight was good until he got ragdolled and used as a 24 hour planet fitness set, went from being a fierce dragon to a dollar store dragon chewtoy

Kaidou's "mighty" army to take over the world

When you stop to think about, what was even the reason for smile fruits at ALL? Even the few ones who got powers were still weak and deformed AF.

He would be better off teaching haki to them creating a haki man army

Last edited:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
--In terms of power level Kaido exceeded my expectations ; From taking ridiculous number of attacks , from having all the adv forms of Haki , best speed , capability to lift an island and finally an island level magma form to end it. Only negative for me was the size of hybrid form. It should have been much bigger and more powerful.

--BM was meh imo. She showed good defense but her offense was severely lacking especially against law and kidd. No adv haki attacks also other than one time against page one. No big elemental attacks against kidd and law. Her defense was the only plus.

So Kaido was awesome but BM in terms of offense was meh.

As for fights BM vs law and kidd was meh ; Drunken mode Kaido vs Base/G4 luffy was fire. Rest was meh G5 killed the tension
No wonder you lowly Yanker, your expectations for top-tiers are so low :milaugh:

To OP, always knew Crydo is overrated fraud.
As for Meme I never except anything from a female antagonists in shonen manga.

What's more pathetic is that they lost to 3 of these rookies in the end not even 5

Of the 4, they were always the lesser 2, so they "met" my personal standards of Yonko "portrayal" (i.e. really strong, brutes that act as major walls).

They did not, however, meet my expectations with actual battles. Outside of the pure fact that Awakening was just not present, Oda seems to have issues portrayal for larger enemies. Yes, Oars was great, but thats basically it. Because he moved and fought like Luffy, it made the fight enjoyable.

This is why most battles Luffy deals with are slender built antagonists (i.e. Arlong, Croc, Enel, Lucci, Doffy, Kata), and in those cases, choreography generally is pretty good.

This is why i have confidence that if Kizaru, Akainu, Im or Shanks are fought, itd be pretty well choreographed. Now, Blackbeard kinda worries me, and even the little bit with Law is worrying because again, Oda has an issue drawing out BBs "fluidity". He kinda nailed it with Ace, but didnt here. So my hope is that when he does fight Luffy, it doesnt feel like him fighting another Kaido.

Also do not like that the BMP were wasted at Wano. If any faction deserved 5-6 chapters of presense, Smoothie, Snack, Daifuku, etc definitely did. Something tells me they'll be addressed eventually, but it was a pretty shitty way to deal with them (a gag).

Apollo

The Sol King
I still remember the week Kaido was introduced, chapter 795. One of the most hype introductions of any villain in any form of media, whether its anime,manga,movies,tv shows,novel.....etc.

I was mighty disappointed, less because of the power levels and more so about their lethality. Kaido wasn't really threatening in Wano arc, Oda couldn't even feed him Kinemon to show his threat. Its why the fight had no tension, not to mention Luffy smiling at Kaido and having fun with him.....shit was stupid beyond belief.

Back during Punk Hazard, Law proposed the plan to take down Kaido and from then on the story was gradually building up to the conclusion of the Yonko saga in which 2 Yonko were defeated, essentially making them 'final bosses' to be defeated by the alliance. To what extent are you satisfied by their performance/screentime and the extent to which they served their purpose as antagonists, i.e. did they serve their role in a good way?

As for Blackbeard, we've seen him do numerous things in the new world including his fight with Law but his time to the be the primary antagonist hasn't come yet.
Let's also just exclude Shanks for this discussion because he's a different case and has very limited screentime, I'm not sure where Oda decides to take his character in the final saga, not necessarily a villain.
The Lonkos are a bunch of disappointments, plain and simple. :milaugh:

Dude, it was even worse: they were really taken down by 3 rookies. :suresure:

Moro arc make yonko arc dog-trash .
Moro villain >> kaido villain ,

Just compare legend of Spyro malefor and his hype. He is mystery for two games until third game which it pay off malefor hype.

Kaido introductions hype made peopke to overhype him like yonko commanded can’t hurt him.
Then oda did hype mystery of sky island until everyone and their mother can go to sky island which Bellamy did already it.