Announcement Rest in Peace, Jmena/Un-amed(we will never forget you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a very active member and never got a chance to talk to Jorge but a loss is never easy to hear and when suicide is involved it trully hurts a lot.

Really shocked he was just 20 and autistic, really young.
I'm a Psychologyst from Brazil working with behavior analysis, all my pacients are autistic children and some teens.
Their future and mental health is always a big concern here where my colleagues and I work, learning this trully made in lost of words.

As a lot of members pointed out, let's show more respect guys... We never know what is on people's minds, how they try to deal with their pain or even when a joke can trigger something serious.

will delete if this has already been posted

but redon had knew his death almost 2 days before Jmena's father posted his message in Discord.
From Redon: "...It's been almost 2 days since I heard the news and I'm still in shock..."
English version of Redonβ€˜s post .

Thank you for creating the thread oscario(maybe the name of the thread creator). As the sad news broke on the Worst Gen forums and on Twitter, it was difficult to remain discreet, so I think opening this topic is the best thing to do.

First of all, my condolences to all his family and friends. I can't even imagine how they will be.

It's been almost 2 days since I heard the news and I'm still in shock. Although I never got to know Jorge in person, I have been reading his messages for years (since he was a very active person in the forum) and even listening to him on the Podcast from time to time. Learning of his death has been a very hard blow. A few months ago we resolved the small differences between us and since then we have regularly talked privately about One Piece. He never told me anything about his personal life, so this news took me completely by surprise.

Rest in peace

English version of Redonβ€˜s post .

Thank you for creating the thread oscario(maybe the name of the thread creator). As the sad news broke on the Worst Gen forums and on Twitter, it was difficult to remain discreet, so I think opening this topic is the best thing to do.

First of all, my condolences to all his family and friends. I can't even imagine how they will be.

It's been almost 2 days since I heard the news and I'm still in shock. Although I never got to know Jorge in person, I have been reading his messages for years (since he was a very active person in the forum) and even listening to him on the Podcast from time to time. Learning of his death has been a very hard blow. A few months ago we resolved the small differences between us and since then we have regularly talked privately about One Piece. He never told me anything about his personal life, so this news took me completely by surprise.

Rest in peace
Sad.....
and there's people who do it like him every day. Should remind us that nothing is as it seems. People may cover up their feelings, you may never know.
It's so sad

I once thought about taking my own life. It takes a lot of courage to do that. I'm happy that I was too afraid back then. I was 12 only.

Of course I'm not saying it is a good think he was brave enough. But sometime it is better to be afraid and remain like that.

Life changes. Sometimes we think we atΓ© living the impossible and we will never overcome that feeling of hard life. But we do. And we realize that moment wasn't really that bad. And that even worse moments will come. And we will pass through them too.

My best wishes for his family.

I've been thinking about this since the alert popped up on my notifications. I haven't been here long, but I recognised Jmena's name and posts. I hope he's in a better place. Bear with me as I am pretty drunk right now.

Life is long, life is hard, life isn't easy. Many of us have probably had suicidal thoughts, but are yet to act them out. For some reason, it hits me harder when I see posts like this on forums like WorstGen because we all do have a level of camaraderie and meme around a lot. We forget there's another human behind the screen, wherever they are in the world, whatever their situation. I appreciate that we have the ability to connect across the world like this, and that I am alive today. But the cost is we also hear about the experiences we're all going through. I think this is an overall good, however painful it may be. I think it is what ultimately unites us as humans.

There's been a few posts here mentioning if you've had suicidal thoughts, to "seek help". I've had people I know in real life die by suicide, even younger than Jmena. I grieve for them, but I can sometimes understand why they got that deep into the thought process. Sometimes, being told you're "sick and need help" is the last thing you need. We all go through fucked up experiences that torture us, torment us, haunt us with every breath we take. I wish I could say there's an answer or a reason to keep moving forward, but ultimately we may not realise there is. That makes me sad, that that is a thought we have as humans. It may be unique to us. But what can we do, other than to remember those who left too early, that were so traumatised they felt like it was the only choice.

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive, but as someone who understands the feeling of being suicidal, and is probably older than most people on here, it's made me reflect inwardly. One Piece is maybe one of two reasons I keep sticking through life everyday, and it affects me quite a lot hearing news of people from this forum dying too soon.

Rest in peace, Jmena. You were awesome, and you will be remembered.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
I've been thinking about this since the alert popped up on my notifications. I haven't been here long, but I recognised Jmena's name and posts. I hope he's in a better place. Bear with me as I am pretty drunk right now.

Life is long, life is hard, life isn't easy. Many of us have probably had suicidal thoughts, but are yet to act them out. For some reason, it hits me harder when I see posts like this on forums like WorstGen because we all do have a level of camaraderie and meme around a lot. We forget there's another human behind the screen, wherever they are in the world, whatever their situation. I appreciate that we have the ability to connect across the world like this, and that I am alive today. But the cost is we also hear about the experiences we're all going through. I think this is an overall good, however painful it may be. I think it is what ultimately unites us as humans.

There's been a few posts here mentioning if you've had suicidal thoughts, to "seek help". I've had people I know in real life die by suicide, even younger than Jmena. I grieve for them, but I can sometimes understand why they got that deep into the thought process. Sometimes, being told you're "sick and need help" is the last thing you need. We all go through fucked up experiences that torture us, torment us, haunt us with every breath we take. I wish I could say there's an answer or a reason to keep moving forward, but ultimately we may not realise there is. That makes me sad, that that is a thought we have as humans. It may be unique to us. But what can we do, other than to remember those who left too early, that were so traumatised they felt like it was the only choice.

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive, but as someone who understands the feeling of being suicidal, and is probably older than most people on here, it's made me reflect inwardly. One Piece is maybe one of two reasons I keep sticking through life everyday, and it affects me quite a lot hearing news of people from this forum dying too soon.

Rest in peace, Jmena. You were awesome, and you will be remembered.
Relateable post. Well said, even if you are drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.