Status
Not open for further replies.
Black blade.
:myman:

I think Mihawk>Prime Ray because Mihawk represents EoS Zoro's goal.
Zoro would be what Ray was just by being the rhm of Luffy's ship. However, there's a difference between Zoro and Rayleigh. Zoro has had a life long ambition of becoming the WSS.
Ever since he was a child he has had that drive to sail the seas and become the strongest
He has always had a clear cut goal and drive to achieve his goal and become the strongest one day
He vowed to become so strong and renowned as a swordsman that his name would be famous in heaven itself

Compare that to what we know of Rayleigh. When he and Roger meet Rayleigh is living in a stolen ship, anchored at some unknown place, because his house burned down.
He isn't doing anything like Zoro, who was actively seeking Mihawk and beating people on his way to his goal. He was just chilling somewhere, without a care in the world, and without any hint of any ambition or goal in his life.
To further illustrate this, when Roger tells him this is a meeting of fate and they should turn the world upside down, Ray's first reaction is to tell him to get lost. Basically, Ray just wanted to chill there for as long as he could, without a care in the world.
Which is also further emphasized by the fact that when we meet Ray he is basically doing just what he had done before joining up with Roger. Keeping a low profile on some island, drinking away, gambling, banging chicks, stealing, enjoying life and just waiting for his death. However, upon meeting Luffy, Zoro, and the rest, he has found something to look for, something that would make him wanna live life again fully and see with his own very eyes what will happen.

So basically, if Zoro was just on the PK's ship as the rhm he'd surpass Rayleigh as it is, but he goes a step beyond that and surpasses Mihawk. So Mihawk>prime Ray.
so essentially rayleigh is zoro but without the more personal ambition?
I feel like that explains why why zoro surpasses him but not why mihawk is stronger.
I cant really argue against that too much cause its isnt clear cut reasoning/evidence but its a fair argumnt.

That's like saying that Crocodile doesnt know anything about OP because Daz Bones (who was weak pre time skip) was his right hand man at some point lol.

Saying that characters aren't credible because of their weak subordinate is an interesting way to support ppls agendas lmao
agenda crowding their rational as per

buggy's bounty boost referenced both of them

left space middle panel

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Capturing Weevil is some pretty great hype for Aramaki.

Weevil was hyped by another admiral after all.

Aramaki is putting work in for the navy ngl.
Not even sure what Fujitora and Kizaru are even doing lol. Kizaru is playing bartender to his boss’ boss’ boss, and Fujitora is off fishing and munching noodles. Ryokugyu is the only Admiral doing anything right now, capturing Weevil and the Beasts. Ryokugyu has earned quite a huge payday in bounties lately. Lol

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
so essentially rayleigh is zoro but without the more personal ambition?
I feel like that explains why why zoro surpasses him but not why mihawk is stronger.
I cant really argue against that too much cause its isnt clear cut reasoning/evidence but its a fair argumnt.
What I am saying essentially is that Zoro would be stronger than Rayleigh just by being the next PK rhm/first mate. As the new gen surpasses the old. If Zoro had no dream of his own, he'd still end up at the very least slightly stronger than prime Rayleigh. But Zoro has a strength goal that goes beyond that, and that is taking out Mihawk. So to me it makes sense to have Mihawk above prime Ray, not by much of course, since prime Ray is a monster in terms of power, because he represents Zoro's EoS goal and dream, whilst Ray is 'just' a benchmark/stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.