Spoiler Black Clover General Spoiler Thread

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
How good is this series compared to One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Seven Deadly Sins, Demon Slayer (main shonen I have read)?
Honestly better than most of that list lol. Probably the entire list, well for me at least. But it does follow that shounen troupe, so if you like those then Black Clover is definitely up your alley.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Does anyone find Asta annoying? Acting like he's the underdog when Asta has the most broken power in this verse. Reminds me of Naruto in a way.
Yeah it is a bit tiresome and irritating. But MCs in general are tbh. I don't mind Asta that much, but he is far away from being my fave and deffo not the reason why I am reading BC.

That's the problem with most Shonen Male Main Characters, they tend to stay static in their character, unbending, willful.. etc.. the usual tropes.
It's just gotten old, the same old same old. The Formula had it's run but it's a overused concept and the industry needs an overhaul.
At least that is my opinion.

How good is this series compared to One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Seven Deadly Sins, Demon Slayer (main shonen I have read)?
Well in terms of writing it's no where close to One Piece, Bleach, or even Naruto for that matter. The storytelling is rather basic but effective. It's by far a LOT better than Fairy Tail though. And Seven Deadly Sins by a pretty wide margin.

However asking whether it's good is kinda pointless. You should read something because you like it.

Leaks around 1hr/30mins from now

theres 17 pages

the editor’s note: “Asta is not hesitating anymore
Post automatically merged:

Page 348 Title: "Resolve"

Lily is surprised that Asta is there (did Lucius not see that?). Liebe & Asta discuss Ichika’s “hallucination” (that they can also see, they say it seems like a relative of Ichika).

Yrul says the “human heart” (mind) is weak, and he goes on to shame the Ryuzen that they were pathetic even though they’re the strongest of the country. He says, no matter who, humans will always have fears, including Asta. An illusion appears, of Asta himself...

The illusion Asta says “I cannot become the Wizard King.” Yrul is surprised that Asta’s fear is Asta himself, but he’ll unleash Asta’s fear on him and once he’s dead Lucius will bless Yrul (or at least that’s Yrul’s plan).

Asta’s hallucination Asta starts saying his insecurities “I’m not talented like Yuno”. Meanwhile Asta’s inner monologue says that he never realised his biggest fear was that he was weak.

Asta Zettens illusion Asta away and says that “he just cut his weak himself out” [referring to the training]. Yosuga says that Asta “found what he was missing during their training”. (His answers).

Asta inner monologue:

Yrul wants to finish Asta off with 1 attack, but Asta cuts him. Ichika says the enemy’s yoryoku "changed... no... returned...?" Yosuga says Asta just cut off his powers.

Yosuga says Asta was too worried, and at first didn’t realise that no matter how great someone's magic is, one only needs to see it the moment it’s about to happen and then they’re done. Anti-magic can cancel magic and so Asta’s zetten was winning after that.

Before cutting Yrul, Asta says "I can see it"; meaning Asta developed the ability in the training to "see" the moment the attack is about to happen. That's when Zetten needs to be executed.

Last page. Asta looks at Lily and tells her "Sister, I'm coming to save you". Chapter ends

P.S Virtual exhibition coming in late February to commemorate the release of the Movie.

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Where are you... Karoo-sama?
Really like the paneling in this chapter, made Asta look really nice.

Nice to see a protagonist with a healthy sense of self, who can admit their weakness, and overcome it while staying true to themselves. I always liked how Asta could be self-reflective when he needed to be, it's a nice side of him, considering he seems kind of dumb when you first meet him.

Title: Saint’s Penance

Volume 34 goes on sale 3rd March!

As Lily falls to the ground, she keeps apologising to Asta for telling him some horrible things. Asta says it doesn’t matter.

Lily inner thoughts: she became a nun because she wished for equality among people and was concerned about the class system of the kingdom & gap in magic etc. But the church was no different so she ran away. No matter how much she prayed, nothing changed.

Lily says she at least wanted to “save someone” so she went to the orphanage. Ryu arrives and tells her Asta got stronger since she saved him, and now it was his turn to save her.

Lily says the decisive battle in Clover Kingdom & day of judgement is in 3 days. Lucius is preparing; integrating his “soul” magic with the Zogratis siblings’ body, bone and blood magic he gained tremendous power & can create people from scratch, it’s god-like magic.

Lily says Lucius wants to take control of all the magic in the world, and this will also reach the Land of the Sun. She says she’s embarrassed of herself, apologises again for joining Lucius, unleashing the 5-headed dragon etc.

Asta says it’s not Lily’s fault and he won’t “let” her take the blame. Lily thanks him and faints. Ryu says the only way to wake her up is to defeat Lucius [she’s NOT dead]. They leave her in Fumito’s care. Asta says he’ll defeat Lucius for sure.

The 5-headed dragon is seen behind Asta and Asta says he’ll slay it himself. Chapter ends.

Next week break.
Post automatically merged:

Lily says the decisive battle in Clover Kingdom & day of judgement is in 3 days. Lucius is preparing; integrating his “soul” magic with the Zogratis siblings’ body, bone and blood magic he gained tremendous power & can create people from scratch, it’s god-like magic.
this most likely refers to when Lucius said he'll "temporarily kill everyone & recreate humanity", this was in Zenon's flashback during his Yuno fight

Last edited:
Title: “With the Shogun of the Land of the Sun” - 17 pages, mainly a Yosuga chapter with a bit of Ryuya backstory n Yosuga(young look) No Break.

Asta zettens the dragon with anti-magic, but it regenerates. Meanwhile, Yosuga is still fighting Heath, telling him his technique is only flashy and that’s it. Heath says he cannot lose for the sake of Lucius creating a right world…

The summary takes up an A4 page, TONS of text in this chapter but at the same time not much happened, though we learn how Ryu became Shogun. Incoming walls of text

Yosuga: “Of course, from your own point of view, it's only natural that you'd think you're right.” Yosuga tells Heath he doesn’t know his Shogun/General (i.e. Lucius), but he’ll defeat him for the sake of his own Shogun. Yosuga flashback incoming.

Yosuga was the heir to Koushuu [one of the provinces in the Land of the Sun], and he’s been the strongest since childhood. There was nobody who could fight him on equal terms from the 5 provinces, except Ryuu, the heir of Goshuu [where Ryuu is from].

They used to fight with their katana in a friendly way to see who was more fit to become Shogun. There was a (plague?) epidemic in Koushuu and Goshuu & people were dying. There was a danger that these 2 provinces were gonna get annihilated.

Some NPCs are talking that the only thing that could heal it is some herb (lit. ‘active soul grass’) that’d gone extinct, and how are they supposed to find a herb of a folklore…

Scene cuts to a new place “Tengentsu – the power that lies in this land”. It’s an all-seeing eye, that only the likes of Yosuga & Ryuuya have the yoryoku to obtain. However, the price to pay for the person who obtains tengentsu is that they lose all their yoryoku.

Yosuga inner thoughts: “Indeed it is amazing to see through everything but… there’s so much you can see, what’s the point of this and not having yoryoku?!” The ony thing Yosuga, as the strongest, was afraid of, was losing his yoryoku.

Yosuga would’ve let the weakest of the weak die instead of losing his yoryoku betting on something he can’t find out for sure. However, Ryuuya immediately says, if that’s all they want in return, his yoryoku can be taken.

Goshuu and Koushuu are 2/5 ISLANDS of the Land of the Sun, *not* provinces, sorry!

Yosuga was wondering if Ryu was an idiot, and didn’t care about becoming Shogun, but Ryu found that herb and saved the people with the eye. Yosuga was even annoyed that his opponent “quit”, but Ryu continued to save people without changing a bit.

More and more people continued to admire & follow Ryu. When the time came to pick the next Shogun, the feudal lords (?) were saying that Ryu indeed is amazing but he has no yoryoku, and Yosuga is the strongest... but Yosuga declares Ryu is the Shogun.

back to Heath vs Yosuga. Yosuga uses "Iron Yojutsu: Iron warrior", tells Heath he's the strongest, and Heath is punched & likely defeated.

the other Ryuzen get up and declare they must keep fighting. Ryu declares (for moral support I guess...) they'll all defeat the dragon together. Yosuga: "the strongest is Ryu."

Yosuga asks if they shall "make a man" of Asta, who aspires for the same heights as Ryu? Chapter ends, no break next week.