One Piece Chapter 1,076: " Old Friends "

What would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
Thoughts about the chapter:

Lucci's strange behavior:

First I wonder why Lucci was so compliantly answering Shaka’s questions – and even so honestly after all. And I am curious as to what motivation he has to give out information that `willinglyΒ΄. Even Kaku finds it so odd, as he even comments about it angrily. Is it because Lucci realized that he had to at least be authentical and take the first step forward for them both to get freed? Or is it because he thinks that their mission cannot be carried out anymore? Maybe it is out of another reason we can only guess? I already said that his priorities had shifted since arriving on Egghead. He was seen openly questioning their order from the start. His sole goal is not anymore to fullfil his duty. Far from it, since he made room for his own priorities and even endangered their mission for it. Now we slowly can see him acting on his own and not out of duty towards the WG – him cooperating with Vegapunk/SHP is going to be only the first step.

The traitor/s:

I am also very curious about how the things are arranged behind the scene with the traitor(s). Clear is, that we have a third party here. This party must have a goal, which is firstly diverting from the WG’s goals and secondly from Vegapunk’s own moral canon – otherwise this someone, trying to hide it, would not need to hide it from both sides. But the imprisonment of the CP agents and that Vegapunk did not know about it, tells us otherwise.

I wonder what it is that is happening on Egghead in the shadows. Seeing as it is at least going on for 2 months, there must be someone involved, who is a resident of the island, since that certain someone knows how and where to lock the agents up, without being noticed by the others. So, those persons could be very well one or more of the characters we have come to know on Egghead. Yes – it doesn’t have to be only one. Because if that, which was hidden in Egghead, was already going on for months or even years, it means that the persons hiding it had enough time to establish connections for their work/research in- and outside Egghead. Furthermore, I am asking myself how the WG did come to know of the machinations on Egghead. If CP 5, 7 and 8 were not able to leave the island, how did the WG get the information that Vegapunk was researching the Poneglyphs in the first place?

And then we have the fact that Stellar is telling us, that the WG is after him because of their research of the Poneglyphs. I mean, Shaka already assumed that the WG was probably pinning a target at them, because of it. But here the Stella is very confidently speaking as if it was a fact. So, someone might have given him the information that he was being aimed at first hand. I wonder who has that intel from the WG and has conveyed that to the Stellar on Egghead.

Because, in chapter 1062 we see that not even Lucci knows why they had to kill Vegapunk. He is even rebuffed by Stussy when he is questioning their mission. She was giving Lucci that answer along the line of: `You have good intuition but you should keep it to yourself. (Note: I am still very confident that she is not on Vegapunks side as I stated during my analysis of the last chapters.) Who of the persons on Egghead has the intel from the WG? And why do they know it, if even parts of CP0 doesn’t know?

Then we have the investigation of the CP5-8 itself – What did they find out that needed to be kept secret from Vegapunk and the WG?

And then – Why has the person, who is hiding their actions, not killed Vegapunk? It would have been the perfect opportunity if he is already imprisoned, because he cannot defend himself properly now.

The final question is, what the third party is trying to hide on Egghead. It could be everything – to name a few:

• Their own research of the Poneglyphs
  • Weapons-manifacturing or research (and selling - maybe even through the underworld, If, then I am asking myself who the broker is – is it maybe Stussy?)
  • Research about the ancient power source
  • Research about the giant Robot
  • Etc.
A last thought of mine: If I came to know about the WG trying to investigate on the island I am having secret machinations set up, I would at least prepare for the worst. So, I think the third party has already something set up. What that is I have no clue, but they had at least two months time to prepare.

Please, more information, Oda!
Post automatically merged:

On another note: Since we are going to see some form of interaction between Saturn and the SHP, then we maybe even get a sequence, in which he will talk about Imu. Because, it is crutial for Luffy and co. to get to know that there is someone sitting on the empty throne at some point during the story. And if that point is going to be now, than great - I would like to know more about Imu.

Last edited:
Shanks commanders confirmed as frauds and overhyped like I knew.

Kid during timeskip forced the second strongest character in the crew to deal with him. DURING TIMESKIP!!
And that was BEFORE losing against a BM's sweet commander (Cracker's biscuit most likely)!

In the Law vs BB fight I thought that Oda will skip it directly, but he gave us some action.
I expect now the same for Kid vs Shanks, but it will happen the opposite here, it will be skipped :suresure:
I can't really believe we'll have Kid injuring Shanks like Law. Shanks is too "cool" and "awesome", and BB is too overconfident. So we might directly have the result in a year or so.

Btw, imagine comparing Kid with mere subordinates like Zoro and Sanji lmao. Ppl here seriously can't powerscale at all :risitameh:

P.S: crazy how Kid will be able to give a good fight to Shanks crew despite the huge difference (well, one reason is that Shanks commanders are overrated and not really that strong like ppl think).

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž
Shanks commanders confirmed as frauds and overhyped like I knew.

Kid during timeskip forced the second strongest character in the crew to deal with him. DURING TIMESKIP!!
And that was BEFORE losing against a BM's sweet commander (Cracker's biscuit most likely)!

In the Law vs BB fight I thought that Oda will skip it directly, but he gave us some action.
I expect now the same for Kid vs Shanks, but it will happen the opposite here, it will be skipped :suresure:
I can't really believe we'll have Kid injuring Shanks like Law. Shanks is too "cool" and "awesome", and BB is too overconfident. So we might directly have the result in a year or so.

Btw, imagine comparing Kid with mere subordinates like Zoro and Sanji lmao. Ppl here seriously can't powerscale at all :risitameh:

P.S: crazy how Kid will be able to give a good fight to Shanks crew despite the huge difference (well, one reason is that Shanks commanders are overrated and not really that strong like ppl think).
Mid couldn't beat Apoo.
Screw Useless Mid!