General & Others King Vs Zoro sucked: Morj Breakdsdown how dumb this fight was

At 34:00

https://www.youtube.com/live/RHrEi9_3v_U?feature=share

Morj is just realising something I’ve been telling everyone. The King fight was poorly written. Both because

1. King shouldn’t have ever removed his invincibility since his speed boosts did not actually help him fight Zoro any better as they had the same even clashes both with and without the flames

2. The fight was structured poorly because Oda wasted most of the panel time on Zoro learning CoC yet CoC isn’t what won the fight, the fight was won by Zoro learning when the invincibility was removed. His CoC barely mattered

Morj breaks it down at 30:15 that most of the fight was about CoC, and yet the actual winning play, The flame off/on shit was discovered by Zoro OFFSCREEN

This is like if the entire Zoro vs Daz bones fight was focused on Zoro improving his speed. Like we get an entire flashback of Zoro training his speed and reaction time. And then offscreen we learn that “Actually all you need to beat Daz bones is Haki and Zoro discovered he has haki OFFSCREEN” and then Zoro beats Daz with Haki he obtained offscreen.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
My current cope with that trainwreck of a fight is this:

Due to time constraints advCoC + knowledge of King's gimmick was required to pull off the W.

Under normal circumstances either advCoC OR knowledge of gimmick could have possibly won him the battle alone. When King was ragdolling him earlier, he had neither of the two. And having just 1 of the two would not be enough only cause he was on a strict schedule. (KoH alone might be able to start chipping away at flame on King, and knowledge means Zoro can put flame off King down but it would just require many more attacks without KoH?)

Edit: Although now that I think about it maybe KoH alone without gimmick knowledge would be tough to argue for, because it was by default time restricted at the point in time.

Last edited:
It made no sense no matter which way you looked at it.

Even if flame-on mode isn't complete invulnerability and just really really high defense (which is what Zoro said the first time), Oda should've had Zoro breaking through flame mode just to show why the ACoC power-up actually mattered.

And if it is complete invulnerability, then there's no reason for King to not just sit there in flame-on mode and wait for his opponent to attack him before completely curbstomping them. King would essentially be impossible to defeat and would stomp anyone who's vulnerable to his AP.

"There's probably a timer on his flames" is just an excuse to make sense of things. That should've been explained in the fight. Oda could've easily had Zoro say "He can only maintain the flames on his back for a few minutes at a time" or some shit.

King fight still hits Action wise, even if the logics failed
If Oda drops King as a CoC User in SBS or canon later, he can salvage the autism.

King was still a dope ass character + fighter with unique style