Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would make sense for one of the Punks to ally with a pirate crew in case the government came to destroy Vegapunk for his research.

That would explain why the Stella was safe, and not killed: there's another group who wants to STEAL from Punk Records, not kill the Punks.

If everything happened was orchestrated by York then fuck this entire traitor arc. Blatant Deus Ex Machina bullshit.
i think york cant have dont everything and this just proves the situtation is overly complicated and theres at least 3 enemies all trying to get something out of egghead at once. York is doing something to betray everyone, the Marines/CP0 want to blow up the island and kill vegapunk, and I think there's another party there who just killed Shaka

It's sort of Oda's whole flow but there's times when it works and times when it doesn't. This York stuff seems like the latter but we'll see what the execution is in the chapter
That's not what an deus ex machina is lol. Call it a plot twist or a subversion of expectation but not a deus ex machina. Get your terminology right

I still hope Caesar and judge show up, seems to weird to implement them saying Vegapunks standing in their way just as he’s about to die from others.
If Vegapunk makes it out this arc without getting domed I can see them getting up to mischief, I just don't see them getting involved right now as Kizaru's about to show up.

1. an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.
How is York saving a hopeless situation?
You realize that words and phrases have multiple definitions because words can be used differently in different contexts, right?

a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and/or abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence

Seemingly unsolvable problem: Can't escape the Laser Dome and the Seraphim are attacking.

Abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence: York is the traitor, with no prior foreshadowing, and now all the group has to do to escape is knock her out.

At least try to be a decent troll. Being a decent troll requires learning how language works.

I love morji and like his passion for one piece
But I hate his random bad theories and I hate his annoying cult fanbase
I used to like him, but after watching a few of his reaction streams, he is just so arrogant and smug. He will shit on anything that doesn't follow his agenda. After he took his biggest L with the raid failing he even stopped making chapter review UNLESS they confirm a "theory" of his. It's just pathetic imo

An undisclosed alliance with a pirate crew would be an actual deus ex machina, one of the Vegapunks being responsible has always been the expected thing so what we need now is to know what is behind it to know if it's done well or not.

When Zoro fight the seraphim he use name moves and his Swords had Haki .
First time he use oni giri and second time lion songs ( unless you think stop use haki for some reason on that move )
Still that beside the point since all 4 of them will were doing nothing until Zoro told them there weakness.
Which is what going to be happen to Sanji even if he hit around the seraphim , it just a replay of last chapter .
Him having haki that was visible is debatable since after the panel and even in certain panels it wasn't visible.

Agreed. Amd that's my point. This is why I wonder why people lied about sanji looking like the man when the same result was going to happen

I used to like him, but after watching a few of his reaction streams, he is just so arrogant and smug. He will shit on anything that doesn't follow his agenda. After he took his biggest L with the raid failing he even stopped making chapter review UNLESS they confirm a "theory" of his. It's just pathetic imo
he will be funny if he takes more Ls. hes the brahmin version of Grand Line Review.

You realize that words and phrases have multiple definitions because words can be used differently in different contexts, right?

a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and/or abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence

Seemingly unsolvable problem: Can't escape the Laser Dome and the Seraphim are attacking.

Abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence: York is the traitor, with no prior foreshadowing, and now all the group has to do to escape is knock her out.

At least try to be a decent troll. Being a decent troll requires learning how language works.
York doesn't resolve the situation though. She makes it worse. So it's not a Deus Ex Machina. Deus Ex Machinas are things like people coming in last minute out of the blue to save the day. Not a traitor being revealed. You need to work on your nomenclature and take this L.

Status
Not open for further replies.