Speculations Kid will return

And this is coming from the dude who said he would get crushed by Shanks.

Folks, this is One Piece, if you think Kid is actually dead or done you're mistaken.

1. The Straw Hat's have lost a ship before.
2. Luffy also got negged by a Yonko in the previous arc, due to his inexperience in haki and being a fledgling in comparison to Kaido.
3. Jack lost his small fleet to Zunisha.

4. This is One Piece.

What I'm curious about is how this will shape him going forward... will he finally calm down his hubris? I'd like to see a version of Kid who's much more modest and becomes the person on the other side (as in, now he's the one looking down on the hotshots). Of course, this all depends on what Oda does with the final saga and epilogue.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Who cares. If he's alive he should commit a Seppuku once he realizes what happened before he lost consciousness.

He should be ashamed to continue a pirate career. Oda swiftly wrote him off of the land of relevancy. He was always a little to not important. Now he is completely gone. If he will be present during the final war he should go side by side with Cavendish.

Who cares. If he's alive he should commit a Seppuku once he realizes what happened before he lost consciousness.

He should be ashamed to continue a pirate career. Oda swiftly wrote him off of the land of relevancy. He was always a little to not important. Now he is completely gone. If he will be present during the final war he should go side by side with Cavendish.
I can’t even see him being part of the Grand Fleet, so who knows what Oda will do with him. After the way he did him in during his short lived fight with Shanks I don’t see how the guy could get back up. Like what @Gol D. Roger said, his dream of being the King of the Pirates is probably over.

But, then again…

He finally got hit with an adv CoC infused attack....so maybe he can or should figure out CoC can be Infused...but he hasn't even use the normal knockout out fodders coc so it's gonna be a long journey for him but, he will comeback...just hope it's not like Moriah's um comeback.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I can’t even see him being part of the Grand Fleet, so who knows what Oda will do with him. After the way he did him in during his short lived fight with Shanks I don’t see how the guy could get back up. Like what @Gol D. Roger said, his dream of being the King of the Pirates is probably over.

But, then again…

There is not such a thing as a dream for people other than Luffy. The thought of people complimenting people for wishing to become the Pirate King where it's Luffy the MC's dream.

Laughable.

Kidd should end his life if he's alive.
Post automatically merged:

He finally got hit with an adv CoC infused attack....so maybe he can or should figure out CoC can be Infused...but he hasn't even use the normal knockout out fodders coc so it's gonna be a long journey for him but, he will comeback...just hope it's not like Moriah's um comeback.
That stupid fuck doesn't know what any advanced Haki form is. I doubt he even remember what regular Haki is.

But, then again…

Moria is an example of what happens to someone after suffering Kid's fate. The difference though, is that Kid is a conqueror. Due to that character trait it's hard to see him ever retiring.

Shanks put that hotshot in his place, but I think he will grow from this. Hopefully we get to see him with a more mature outlook in the future. Or not (lol).

There is not such a thing as a dream for people other than Luffy. The thought of people complimenting people for wishing to become the Pirate King where it's Luffy the MC's dream.

Laughable.

That stupid fuck doesn't know what any advanced Haki form is. I doubt he even remember what regular Haki is.
Dang. You don’t hold back. :crazwhat:

Laughable.

:kobeha:

I know people hate Kid, but do you really think Oda would spend hundreds of chapters on his character, beat a Yonko with Law, and then just disappear in 1 shot/page.

If Kid had been fighting for a while and lost, I'd buy that more than this. It's too abrupt, meaning Oda is planning more shit.

Yeah. Same shit with Luffy and Kaido.

2. Luffy also got negged by a Yonko in the previous arc, due to his inexperience in haki and being a fledgling in comparison to Kaido.

4. This is One Piece.
1. SHs are the main character of the series, and their ship had a backstory. and why are you comparing the main characters to a side character with no real impact on the series??
2. Luffy got negged but his crew didnt give up. In Kid's case, he got negged with his RHM despite them fighting 2 other Yonkos previously unlike Luffy and his crew officially surrendered and gave away all the work of their careers.
3. Jack was a fishman and can breathe under water, and idk how this correlates with Kid anyway.
4. Yes this is One Piece but nobody cares about Kid. Just how Ashura and Izo died and no one believed it, Kid has no real impact on the story.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
And this is coming from the dude who said he would get crushed by Shanks.

Folks, this is One Piece, if you think Kid is actually dead or done you're mistaken.

4. This is One Piece.

What I'm curious about is how this will shape him going forward... will he finally calm down his hubris? I'd like to see a version of Kid who's much more modest and becomes the person on the other side (as in, now he's the one looking down on the hotshots). Of course, this all depends on what Oda does with the final saga and epilogue.
Problem is that the context matters with a lot of your points here:

1) Merry had to be burned and her being destroyed was more of an emotional sendoff, essentially a burial. Victoria Punk was literally reduced into smithereens by two giants which then capsized his whole crew into the sea. So even if they live they're stranded on Elbaf, while in the context of Merry the SHs were on Water 7, the perfect spot to get a new ship.
2) Both Kidd and Luffy got wiped by Kaido in the last arc, difference is Luffy actually learned from his error and unlocked AdCoA and AdCoC, while Kidd did very little to improve in a measure of haki (and we know how important haki is because Oda keeps hammering us with it).
3) Not the same, Jack was a villain and his nameless crew of fodders mattered very little to the story, Oda made a point to show he was still alive at the bottom of the sea.
4) So? The guy who writes one piece just delivered the biggest single L ever seen onto a named character, and he's known for poorly developing his side characters extremely often. Provided he comes back in the story, the absolute humiliation Kidd endured here can't be erased unless he somehow beats shanks, and let's be honest, how likely is that to happen?

Overall it's not just a matter of Kidd recovering physically or mentally in the story, his entire reputation among the fans was obliterated by shanks in a single attack, that's what really happened here. I agree he's not dead, but seeing him actually return into a full capacity into piracy just seems unlikely until it's proven otherwise in an upcoming chapter :kayneshrug: