Chapter Discussion I don’t understand the hate 1079

I don’t understand the complaints about Kid getting obliterated by Shanks. Can someone explain why they are upset? Kid lost to shanks. I don’t know what else we were expecting omegle xender . Shanks chose to deal with Kid as fast as possible because he was actually going to do a lot of damage to the Red Hair Fleet. Did we not literally just see Kaido do the same thing happen to Luffy at the beginning of Wano??? 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Most folk were in one of two categories.
I) Folk who genuinely believed Kidd would defeat Shanks.
II) Folk who thought Kidd would put up a decent fight before being defeated.

In comparison, there were not that many people who thought Kidd would get utterly obliterated the way that he did.
If those were the 2 main camps then this forum is delusional as hell lol
Irrelevant side character vs Luffy's idol who will finally fight after 26 years
I wonder what will happen???

Worst

Custom title
Most folk were in one of two categories.
I) Folk who genuinely believed Kidd would defeat Shanks.
II) Folk who thought Kidd would put up a decent fight before being defeated.

In comparison, there were not that many people who thought Kidd would get utterly obliterated the way that he did.
Yeah...i thought Kidd would put up a decent fight and if not decent at least a fight, i mean he took some direct hits from BM while he was defenseless

The fact that he was gonna lose, was a given but being annihilated like that ? It's definetly a surprise considering what we saw from him....

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Because it boiled down to cheap fanservice to build Shanks up. We saw Kidd fight against Linlin solo for a little while, take free shots from Linlin while being voodoo attacked by Hawkins, and was completely fine.

But the moment Shanks—who is being rubbed down by women and loved by all—attacks Kidd, he’s utterly devastated with no hope of recourse.

It trivializes Linlin’s fighting abilities, Kidd & Law’s accomplishments against her and comes off as more than a little cringy in regards to how Oda is pushing Shanks.

I’ll preface this by saying that I hate Kid, I think he’s a boring edgy dude that spouts the same three lines about not wanting to be told what to do blah blah like a five year old over and over… but the character deserved better. What leader of the new generation lmfao he got fucking oneshot and that was with his homeboy backing him up. Nothing came of his supposed connection to Beckman and now Laido and Fat Meme look even more incompetent than they already did. 1079 was… not good. And this is coming from someone who hates the Supernovas.

Because it boiled down to cheap fanservice to build Shanks up. We saw Kidd fight against Linlin solo for a little while, take free shots from Linlin while being voodoo attacked by Hawkins, and was completely fine.

But the moment Shanks—who is being rubbed down by women and loved by all—attacks Kidd, he’s utterly devastated with no hope of recourse.

It trivializes Linlin’s fighting abilities, Kidd & Law’s accomplishments against her and comes off as more than a little cringy in regards to how Oda is pushing Shanks.
Or Kidd simply dropped out of the race. They don't need to loose to Luffy only to drop out of competition

However Wano had braindead writing regardless as there was literally a scene of Kidd and Law laying on the ground out while Big Mom turned her back on them, but that got nothing to do with the chapter.

Kidd was built up as a relevant character who had a hand on defeating BM. Yes law contributed much more and BM didn't use adv coc but still.

You also have law who had his own arc plus oda saying Kidd was important character.

And then he gets erased like this does feels very cheap. The issue is not losing but being removed completely from the manga.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Or Kidd simply dropped out of the race. They don't need to loose to Luffy only to drop out of competition
random comment that has nothing to do with anything I posted.
However Wano had braindead writing regardless as there was literally a scene of Kidd and Law laying on the ground out while Big Mom turned her back on them, but that got nothing to do with the chapter.
And they got up almost immediately, Linlin was struggling to put them down and individually could not one shot Kidd like Shanks did.

I don’t understand the complaints about Kid getting obliterated by Shanks. Can someone explain why they are upset? Kid lost to shanks. I don’t know what else we were expecting. Shanks chose to deal with Kid as fast as possible because he was actually going to do a lot of damage to the Red Hair Fleet. Did we not literally just see Kaido do the same thing happen to Luffy at the beginning of Wano??? 😂😂😂
You think the chaos is because of Kidd discussion?
Sorry to Break it to you but it's due to Shanks vs Mihawk arguement.
every 4 out of 5 Thread on top 5 is Mihawk vs shanks agenda.

Because it was blatant favoritism. The problem here isn't Kid losing to Shanks. It's how it happened. Shanks is so kind that everyone love him, Shanks is so nice that he takes weak pirates in his crew, Shanks is so smart that he got super futur sight, Shanks is so fast that he can teleport in front of you even if you're still on your boat, Shanks is so strong that he can OS Kid and Killer. Shanks is a Gary Stu and Oda self insert wich mean he's the worst character of One Piece.

I'm a Shanks fan, sort of, and I was sure he was going to win (like almost everybody else) but even I didn't expect something so ruthless and one sided lol. This probably is also clashing with a lot of people's agendas. Zoro and Mihawk hardcore fans are leeching from Shanks feat, other fandom in general are just downgrading Kidd to not accept that Shanks is actually way stronger than what people thought. Even if people is starting to see it. Sooner or later people will also realize what Shanks did with Akainu and Greenbull (and when that happens it will be pretty fun).

If those were the 2 main camps then this forum is delusional as hell lol
Irrelevant side character vs Luffy's idol who will finally fight after 26 years
I wonder what will happen???
I don't think expecting Kidd to resist for a time was delusional. The bloke fought against two Yonko in Wano and was taking hits from them while dishing damage back. Hell, he was temporarily nerfed against Linlin because of Hawkins's voodoo shenanigans.

Combine that with Law and his crew currently resisting Blackbeard then I don't think it was unreasonable to think that Kidd would at least put up at bare minimum a mid diff fight.

He didn't get mid diffed, he got disrespectfully curb stomped in one blow with his first mate taken out simultaneously with him and the rest of his crew wrecked by two characters that haven't done anything in 20 years.

I don't think many people were genuinely expecting that. Lol.

Because it was blatant favoritism. The problem here isn't Kid losing to Shanks. It's how it happened. Shanks is so kind that everyone love him, Shanks is so nice that he takes weak pirates in his crew, Shanks is so smart that he got super futur sight, Shanks is so fast that he can teleport in front of you even if you're still on your boat, Shanks is so strong that he can OS Kid and Killer. Shanks is a Gary Stu and Oda self insert wich mean he's the worst character of One Piece.
its epic and you're just coping because the character you thought was an edgy cool guy seinen hero rival was actually a fucking loser :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

I don't think expecting Kidd to resist for a time was delusional. The bloke fought against two Yonko in Wano and was taking hits from them while dishing damage back. Hell, he was temporarily nerfed against Linlin because of Hawkins's voodoo shenanigans.

Combine that with Law and his crew currently resisting Blackbeard then I don't think it was unreasonable to think that Kidd would at least put up at bare minimum a mid diff fight.

He didn't get mid diffed, he got disrespectfully curb stomped in one blow with his first mate taken out simultaneously with him and the rest of his crew wrecked by two characters that haven't done anything in 20 years.

I don't think many people were genuinely expecting that. Lol.
i hate Kid and i even thought the man would get to fight a LITTLE. take out Rockstar or some shit lol. I couldn't be happier at this chapter, it's like a gift. What a useless waste of space that got exactly what he deserved