Questions & Mysteries Are Shanks and Mihawk still rivals?

Are they still rivals?

• Total voters
Are shanks and mihawk still rivals in current day?

Every time they've interacted or talked about the other:
Mihawk meeting up with shanks to talk about luffy

Shanks and whitebeard talking about mihawk

Mihawk talking about shanks during marineford

I think that's it unless i missed something

They are no longer rivals but in the narrative, the Oda leaves it ambiguous which of them is stronger.
On the one hand, Mihawk has the WSS title and Shanks is served as a swordsman throughout the Manga, but on the other hand, we only received a statement that Mihawk is superior to him in swordsmanship and we don’t know how their duel ended (presumably a draw)
Something like this.

Yes they're still rivals in the traditional sense as Shanks is the only current swordsman that can fought toe to toe with Mihawk. But they're no longer interest in bout.

Like let's use Star Wars as an example here, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul are rivals, but they no longer fight each other anymore.
I don't know anything about star wars how come they don't fight eachother

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
β€Ž
I don't know anything about star wars how come they don't fight eachother
Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul in the first movie "The Phantom Menace", resulting in Darth Maul getting split in half then they no longer fight each other until episode 20 of Star Wars Rebels season 3, in which Obi-Wan killing Darth Maul which ended their lifelong rivalry.

Many people considers Obi-Wan and Darth Maul as one of the greatest Star Wars rivalry.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
This is literally answered in the first time they meet. Mihawk has no interest in fighting him anymore. He was more interested in the potential of fodder Zoro.

Now, Cross Guild could potentially bring a change in their relationship if the two were ever to find themselves on opposing sides, but it’s unlikely since Marineford wasn’t enough.

D

Deleted member 65730

No. Mihawk's statement to Shanks makes it clear that they aren't anymore.

Which means when they were rivals, considering the heights of the two, Shanks was the superior rival until he gave up his arm.

To be a rival means to be pursuing a similar goal while being adversaries

They'd be rivals if shanks wanted to be the strongest swordman or Mihawk wanted the one piece dreaming of the All Wine