Zolo

Cope Doctor
This is the first time I heard about husqvarna tbh, but I trust your judgement
where I live those two are competing companies, husqvarna even cost more, If im correct its from sweden, stihl is kinda more global... But recently they been doing some shady stuff. I have fs460 buschutter from 2014 and bought new one of the same model, completely identical, but cover is with holes that leaks water inside and when its cold it breaks becouse ice is forming, old one doesnt have this issue, also things like cables are way thinner now... its weird same model but made shitier, i have many tools and its easy to see the differance

where I live those two are competing companies, husqvarna even cost more, If im correct its from sweden, stihl is kinda more global... But recently they been doing some shady stuff. I have fs460 buschutter from 2014 and bought new one of the same model, completely identical, but cover is with holes that leaks water inside and when its cold it breaks becouse ice is forming, old one doesnt have this issue, also things like cables are way thinner now... its weird same model but made shitier, i have many tools and its easy to see the differance
Many companies do this once they have a winning product,cheapen cost of production with inferior materials and keep selling it at the same price.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Many companies do this once they have a winning product,cheapen cost of production with inferior materials and keep selling it at the same price.
thats one of the reasons I buy used ones from other people. those tools are very reliable especialy ones made before 2015... I have many of them and if things break I change the parts that breaks from other trimmer... I even plan to buy older models , becouse the reviews for them are great but are hard to find, The thing is I got used to mtronic carburetor that adjust fuel automatically and it would be hard to go back to manual

As Nameless said, it's a global problem in all industries. For examples, candy bars are made thinner but sell for the same price (or even more expensive)

thats one of the reasons I buy used ones from other people. those tools are very reliable especialy ones made before 2015... I have many of them and if things break I change the parts that breaks from other trimmer... I even plan to buy older models , becouse the reviews for them are great but are hard to find, The thing is I got used to mtronic carburetor that adjust fuel automatically and it would be hard to go back to manual
buying second hand stuff might be a good option if you know what to look for.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
As Nameless said, it's a global problem in all industries. For examples, candy bars are made thinner but sell for the same price (or even more expensive)
it seems that way, as I looked up they dont even make new bushcutters in 400 series that could work in my environment, but 500 series are all goo without stupid holes... maybe they saw that people didint buy their top models becouse those cheaper ones did the job just as well... I have the top model 560 and never basically use it, becouse it uses more fuel and is way heavier. its good when trees are thicker but I allready developed ways to cut them with weaker fs 410... and if I cant cut it I allways have chainsaw... Stihl is making it on purpose for all forestry workers to buy top models now. smart

J

Joygirl1

Stihl is german, so I´m rooting for them over Husqvarna :goyea:
Talking about politics in a political thread < having an international cutting tool tournament instead