General & Others Who has better Animated Scenes in Onigashima Zoro or Sanji?

Who in your opinion?

• Total voters
Fortunately our swordsman has about 3 chapters worth of action to work with. There’s bound to be some Sakuga in there

One of those chapters has already been released today. And this series sucks. And the preview for the next one is no less wretched disgusting shame. The zoro fight in the anime sucks, it's wretched, it's disgusting, I knew it would be like that

If Toei tone down the aura effect a bit then Zoro vs King would be fire (no pun intended).

Thing is that Ishizuka (the animator for Zoro vs King fight) is known for his special effect/aura animation so......
Katsumi Ishizuka is currently not animating. He is doing the storyboard.
Post automatically merged:

I just don't believe in anything anymore. After so many days of waiting, fed by delightful animation with moments with Sanji, delightful animation of a fight with a kaido, I get wretched static shots, instead of the normal animation, as in the moment when King showed the hybrid form. There are few chapters where zoro fights, and now they are also without animation. It's like the Enies Lobby, where Sanji and Luffy's fights were cleverly animated, and Zoro and Kaku's fight looks like a cardboard children's craft of. Zoro Tatsumaki from chapter 1003 is also spoiled. And about the pedigree of zoro in sbs and the fact that zoro defeated king not because zoro became stronger, but because king has 0 IQ, because he turned off the flame so that zoro won, I am generally silent. :josad:
Bro, I sincerely hope you're right and I'm wrong. But I feel that chapter 1034 will be 100 times better than chapter 1033 and 1035. It's just that the Zoro fan in me is slowly dying.

Either way, the first two clips are what animations I want to see, and the last one is what I'm afraid of (aside from the complete lack of animation)
You do realize there isn't much different conceptually between the scene you liked and the scene you didn't? Yes, the scene you liked is animated a bit better, but you can clearly tell they are storyboarded by the same person because they have the same visual concepts and ideas, most notably "the characters streak across the screen at insane speed leaving a trail behind them, the characters shoot out their attack at high speed, the moment of impact drawing in close to the villain before we see it devastate the area surrounding them". They are pretty much the same scene....

You do realize there isn't much different conceptually between the scene you liked and the scene you didn't? Yes, the scene you liked is animated a bit better, but you can clearly tell they are storyboarded by the same person because they have the same visual concepts and ideas, most notably "the characters streak across the screen at insane speed leaving a trail behind them, the characters shoot out their attack at high speed, the moment of impact drawing in close to the villain before we see it devastate the area surrounding them". They are pretty much the same scene....
The first scene has more details, a minimum of auras and beautiful style. The second is a huge, blurry, incomprehensible, wretched laser

And in the first case, there are no hack cubes

Last edited:
The first scene has more details, a minimum of auras and beautiful style. The second is a huge, blurry, incomprehensible, wretched laser

And in the first case, there are no hack cubes
What are you waffling about?

There are more auras in the first one than the second one.

The second one doesn't have any aura's aside from that Oden manifestation, which thematically makes sense(and the first one you linked has Yamato becoming a giant snake monster, while also being surrounded in an actual aura). There are trails behind the scabbards, but those aren't aura's.

The second one isn't any more difficult to comprehend. If anything, the camera work is less energetic, making the action a bit more direct to follow.

What I'm hearing is that you didn't like that the second one had a laser (even though the first one also had a laser).

Also, the first clip you liked actually did have cubes(not that there is anything wrong with cubes). The second one you disliked didn't have any.

So again, what are you waffling about?

Sanji and I'm surprised this is even a debate.

If we're only talking Onigashima,

Zoro had:
- a cool short scene in 1052
- Asura in 1027, but the comp fucking annihilated the sequence
- a few cool cuts in 1026 i guess with him cutting prometheus and the cliff
- Henry Thurlows Aura Twister in 1018 (which was a terrible trash episode) was animated well enough though
- probably Zoro's highlight: Episode 1017, Zoro cutting blast breath animated by Yen & Zoro slicing Kaido (onigashimas horn) animated by Kazooma
- Zoro cutting Apoo, but the storyboard was bad.
- Some Filler action in ep 1000 which was pretty cool though. Animated by Junwen Tan just like the scene above
- (If you want to consider it part of the raid, then this small scene of Tomita https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/158810 )

But summarized: There are only a handful of cool scenes from Zoro. And even if there are a few, half of them come with caveats as mentioned above.

Now look at Wanji. Toei's favorite.
- Just recently Hell Memories Animated by Yen. While it was well animated,the storyboard here was quite weak.
- Sanji's Grill shot in 1053. Really great scene by Tu Yong Ce. Only thing to criticize is the photography team erasing the grill marks which quite sucked, but that's a minor issue, comparitively to most other criticisms i had on some of the other scenes overall mentioned
- (maybe Tomita's cuts from 1053, but i dont think it was that good)
- Sanji's highlight And Toei's Love Letter to him: Episode 1045.
3 mins of unfiltered Sanji rawness. This episode alone clears all of Zoro's entries. 3mins of action corrected by Toei God Masami Mori/Soty that just looks so insane https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=one_piece+source:#1045
- Kieca's animation of Sanji Skywalk in 1041
- Episode 1039, Sanji kicking queen who then transforms into hybrid. Animated by Shida
- Episode 1036. Sanji beating the shit out of queen before he can hurt chopper. Animated by Eemi
- Not action but character animation. Sanji tying up Zoro in Episode 1033 animated by Dacper. Him lighting his cigarre with the torch and more. Very neat subtle character animation. Also in the same episode, more character animation for Sanji. Animated by Kojima-look alike Akiko Sugizono. Sanji complaining about the bounty posters while carrying Zoro and fodderizing some goons
- Sanji's scene in Ep 1000. Animated by Yuu Yoshiyama. Also filler just like zoro
- Sanji vs King Hunt. Insane Chase scene with 3D environmental work, animated by Tu Yong Ce (998)
- Lastly, Sanji's own eyecatch in #0981 animated by Takashi Kojima himself. If you want to consider this part of the raid

i did not mention scenes that happened in Ep 1046, since those cancel each other out. Both had 1 great scene seperately and 1 combined great attack together in the ep

But I think the results are very clear.

Meanwhile Toei fumbled the bag with Zoro in: 1052, 1058, 1059 & maybe even 1060? Pretty much all Zoro vs King episodes except the climax?
That's not the standard One Piece has established for itself in Onigashima.

Zoro had:
- Henry Thurlows Aura Twister in 1018 (which was a terrible trash episode) was animated well enough though
- probably Zoro's highlight: Episode 1017, Zoro cutting blast breath animated by Yen & Zoro slicing Kaido (onigashimas horn) animated by Kazooma
- Some Filler action in ep 1000 which was pretty cool though. Animated by Junwen Tan just like the scene above
- (If you want to consider it part of the raid, then this small scene of Tomita https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/158810 )

But summarized: There are only a handful of cool scenes from Zoro. And even if there are a few, half of them come with caveats as mentioned above.

- Just recently Hell Memories Animated by Yen. While it was well animated,the storyboard here was quite weak.
- Sanji's Grill shot in 1053. Really great scene by Tu Yong Ce. Only thing to criticize is the photography team erasing the grill marks which quite sucked, but that's a minor issue, comparitively to most other criticisms i had on some of the other scenes overall mentioned
3 mins of unfiltered Sanji rawness. This episode alone clears all of Zoro's entries. 3mins of action corrected by Toei God Masami Mori/Soty that just looks so insane https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=one_piece+source:#1045
- Episode 1039, Sanji kicking queen who then transforms into hybrid. Animated by Shida
- Episode 1036. Sanji beating the shit out of queen before he can hurt chopper. Animated by Eemi
- Not action but character animation. Sanji tying up Zoro in Episode 1033 animated by Dacper. Him lighting his cigarre with the torch and more. Very neat subtle character animation. Also in the same episode, more character animation for Sanji. Animated by Kojima-look alike Akiko Sugizono. Sanji complaining about the bounty posters while carrying Zoro and fodderizing some goons
- Sanji's scene in Ep 1000. Animated by Yuu Yoshiyama. Also filler just like zoro
- Sanji vs King Hunt. Insane Chase scene with 3D environmental work, animated by Tu Yong Ce (998)
- Lastly, Sanji's own eyecatch in #0981 animated by Takashi Kojima himself. If you want to consider this part of the raid

i did not mention scenes that happened in Ep 1046, since those cancel each other out. Both had 1 great scene seperately and 1 combined great attack together in the ep

Meanwhile Toei fumbled the bag with Zoro in: 1052, 1058, 1059 & maybe even 1060? Pretty much all Zoro vs King episodes except the climax?
This seems somewhat selective, and misses quite a few minor Zoro scenes which were still decent enough while including scenes that either have both characters in them, or are also decent.

For example, Zoro and Killers big attack in 1016, which wasn't the best thing ever, but was still decent, or some of the minor action in 985 and 986 that had Zoro and luffy(or some stuff in episode 1017).(god i hate my eyboard, it it broen as fuc)

Zoro had:

well put alltho i dont see it so one sided, this recent fight seems very bad tho with king

This seems somewhat selective, and misses quite a few minor Zoro scenes which were still decent enough while including scenes that either have both characters in them, or are also decent.

For example, Zoro and Killers big attack in 1016, which wasn't the best thing ever, but was still decent, or some of the minor action in 985 and 986 that had Zoro and luffy(or some stuff in episode 1017).(god i hate my eyboard, it it broen as fuc)
i was pretty fair imo. Didnt mention some other sanji moments either, that's why the small scenes cancel each other out

Sanji does have more well-made scenes. About the scenes with zoro, you can say "This scene is good, BUT..." ashura is good, BUT it is unfinished; Tatsumaki has animations, BUT it's cardboard and unfinished, Onigiri in 1016 is just a carbon copy of Zoro vs Killer, reworked a lot by the left animator. The scenes in the 1017 episode are good, but that's only because the series is like that, they wouldn't single out animation separately for Zoro, as they would try.
You're talking about small scenes with zoro, but they're not as important as the MAIN ones, and the main ones are mostly Spoiled. Tatsumaki, hakai, zoro vs king, even ashura, despite the good animation, leaves an unpleasant aftertaste due to the huge aura and 2 fps of the kaido face.
Episode 1059 has good moments, but that's about it. "Good Moments" is a short description of Zoro vs King, this fight falls short of Sanji vs. King and Queen, and Luffy vs. Kaido, which was missed in Chapter 1013. THESE ARE FILLERS, Zoro vs king is not even up to the level of FILLERS. Even if 1062 is very cool, which I STRONGLY doubt, because apparently not a single cool animator wants to work with zoro, they need luffy and sanji. We have one chapter of the zoro fight left... All the rest were messed up and crap... Even Raizo vs Fukurokujo has normal animation... 3.5/4 of the zoro fight was messed up. One good episode won't fix anything. Only if this episode is 40 minutes long, Ishitani will direct and the episode will have 1032, 1033 and 1035 chapters.

Episode 1060 will be good... Well, yes, because the whole episode is a flashback. This fight has ZERO GOOD AND ANIMATED ACTION, ZERO GOOD ANIMATED EXTRAS

I just don’t know what words to choose to describe all the wretchedness of this battle, all the inferiority of these series.

Last edited:

Zoro had: