Character Discussion Gold Roger: Fraud or bad writing?

One of the things that strikes me the most about Roger is that we don't know that he has legitimately beaten a top tier.

Xebec was defeated in a 2vs1
Shiki had to withdraw due to a storm
We don't know if he defeated Garp
He didn't defeat Big Mom
He did not defeat Whitebeard

It is curious that Oda did not show Roger defeating the strongest pirates of his time, at least he should have done it with Shiki, Big Mom, Garp and Xebec

In this way it seems that Roger became king of the pirates just because he found an island

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
One of the things that strikes me the most about Roger is that we don't know that he has legitimately beaten a top tier.
Pretty much no Top Tier gets anything like that.

Roger didn't beat anyone to become the Pirate King.
Whitebeard didn't beat any Top Tier to be called the WSM.
Kaidou didn't beat any Top Tier to be called the WSC.
Big Mom didn't beat anybody to become a Yonko, neither did Shanks.

Though Mihawk is the only one whose title gets slandered for this, not the other two Worlds Strongest Title holders lol.

I dont doubt Roger's strength being top tier but I have been meaning to make a thread about how fraudulent Pirate King is in his case.
PK is just his title.. Idk why people are trying to get his title... Like we all know luffy is already something above.. A God... And he ain't even doing anything which the original and only OK did... That is actively think and be proactive about one piece and mystery/history....plus his aim... Idk why he even knows anything about Roger... Never seen anyone mentioning him about it(atleast can see him wanting to follow shanks) nor he was Alive when Roger was alive like smoker and many others witnessing him and had his hype.... I mean he did not even know who dragon was..

A terminally ill Roger fought equally with Prime Whitebeard.

He was equal to or even stronger than the top 2 strongest marines Garp and Sengoku.

For all we know Roger could have defeated xebec and garp kaido or bigmom. The WG cover shit up so i wouldn’t be surprised if somethings like that was the case.

You can’t spam a word like “Fraud” around. Roger aint the same as Mihawk.

Roger still has the portrayal to back himself up

- The WSM said to be the equal of "even" Roger
- Said to have put the world to heel with his Haki (Kaido has more knowledge to back this up than we do)
- Ace said to eventually stand at the top of the world due to being Roger's son
- His right hand man being feared and deeply respected by the entire World and stalling an Admiral in his old, rusty state, with Kizaru having to vent his rage on fodder later

That's it ! :seriously:

"Fraud" just won the most-overused-word-award in the forum :risitameh:
A terminally ill Roger fought equally with Prime Whitebeard.

He was equal to or even stronger than the top 2 strongest marines Garp and Sengoku.

For all we know Roger could have defeated xebec and garp kaido or bigmom. The WG cover shit up so i wouldn’t be surprised if somethings like that was the case.

You can’t spam a word like “Fraud” around. Roger aint the same as Mihawk.
It is not in doubt that Roger is one of the strongest characters in One Piece, but it is very strange that he did not defeat a top tier in 1v1