Powers & Abilities After seeing what happened with Z and S fights, expect Luffy gear 5 to turn into DBZ piece lol

Zoro vs King was epic, even tho i dont like all this aura stuff the overall fight felt like there were 2 demigods fighting and could probably destroy a continent.

Sanji vs Queen - only good thing was the animation. The fight overall was nothing special and it you couldnt feel the power of any attack.

I would say that is just the peak of iceberg.

Not only light effects and too much color is ruining it but also HOW they pace the episode.

I will say it again HOW they pace not the fact that they pace.

It is completely fine to pace the episode because you can't go much ahead of content but you have several ways of doing it.

First way of doing it would be adding as much filler content as possible. And we have many gaps to do it in Wano arc giving how much scenes and even fights were offscreened.

Second way of doing it, I can understand that making good fights costs a lot of money so they would probably not focus on that so they can put money on the "real" fights so we could have extend tension moments on the right times. For example it is ridiculous how characters were stopped during Roof Piece. Zoro stopped and Kaido watching him when a Dragon comes out as his aura. This is the wrong moment to pace. The right moment would be when Zoro finally attacks him. Extend how much damage he is doing.

Third way of doing it the wrong way, which is the way Toei chose. Make characters look incredibly slow and weak. We had that on Sanji vs Queen fight. A fight clearly made on manga to show how fast Sanji can be yet he seems slow on animation because the episode has to pace. Also Zoro vs King it is ridiculous how slow Zoro runs towards King when the manga fight is full of blitzing, rushed attacks etc.
Post automatically merged:

Bruh, this is about literally complaining about by far the best fight episode in the series and one of the best animated episodes of TV anime around.
Luffy vs Lucci shits on every episode of Wano combined together.

Third way of doing it the wrong way, which is the way Toei chose. Make characters look incredibly slow and weak. We had that on Sanji vs Queen fight. A fight clearly made on manga to show how fast Sanji can be yet he seems slow on animation because the episode has to pace. Also Zoro vs King it is ridiculous how slow Zoro runs towards King when the manga fight is full of blitzing, rushed attacks etc.
WTF are you on about?

How the fuck did Sanji look slow in the queen fight??? If anything, they emphasize his super speed way more than the manga did by actually bothering to show Sani's pov when it came to his movement speed in very impressive scenes.

Luffy vs Lucci shits on every episode of Wano combined together.
Animation wise, not at all.

There are fairly typical episodes of wano which are better animated than lucci vs luffy's finale.

Animation wise, not at all.

There are fairly typical episodes of wano which are better animated than lucci vs luffy's finale.
There are only a few exceptions like Zoro vs Wano Samurai, Luffy vs Number giant, Sanji vs Page One and Luffy Red Roc vs Kaido.

Animation is not the only important factor, impact, futility and sound. Lucci vs Luffy had it all.

There are only a few exceptions like Zoro vs Wano Samurai, Luffy vs Number giant, Sanji vs Page One and Luffy Red Roc vs Kaido.

Animation is not the only important factor, impact, futility and sound. Lucci vs Luffy had it all.
Animation is not the only factor, but I was talking about from a production as opposed to story standpoint. Its also worth noting that a good portion of episode 309 was fairly mediocre filler action.

And there are more than a few examples. There are tons of episodes in Wano which are immeasurably stronger from a production stand point which are fairly middle of the road episodes.

914 and 915, which are the first luffy vs kaido episodes, in terms of production values, blow 309 out of the water. Sanji vs Page One in 925 blows 309 out of the water. Zoro vs Killer in 933 and 934 are both much stronger episodes production wise than 309. Even fairly forgettable episodes in Udon liker 945 and 946 are better animated and put together than 309 despite not having as strong story beats or vocal performances.

I could literally list probably a dozen or so more episodes, but it doesn't really change my point.

Episode 309 had strong storybeats. Two excellent animation directors(Naoki Tate and Katsumi Ishizuka), and a solid highlight(the jet gattling on Lucci). It had a solid board, excellent voice performances, and some really solid OST in places. But its worth noting that most of the action in that episode was not very good, and there was also a lot of very mediocre filler action.

Its not a high bar to surpass, and even pre time skip, there are plenty of episodes which easily surpassed it(episodes in Thriller Bark like 369 and 377 come to mind, or in sabadoy with episodes like 404 and 405 among others).

Lucci vs Luffy is a great fight narratively, and had amazing performances, but I think holistically, when looking at it from a production standpoint, it wasn't a terribly strong climax or action episode in comparison to stuff that has come after.

Last edited:
WTF are you on about?

How the fuck did Sanji look slow in the queen fight??? If anything, they emphasize his super speed way more than the manga did by actually bothering to show Sani's pov when it came to his movement speed in very impressive scenes.
We can easily see how slow Sanji attack is. Took 20s of preparation to finally hit Queen first time. And then he is just normal speed. We barely can see it hitting. Compared to this peak animation of Sanji vs Kuroobi for example, the speed and power sensations are the same if not better for Sanji since he is attacking Kuroobi from all directions.

Or this other animation of the same Kuroobi fight where they even boosted Sanji speed and power

And here is a good example of how to pace the episode without taking the sensation of power from characters(although Sanji looks kind of slow)

And here is how Sanji peaked in speed which Wano animation was never able to demonstrate again and once again another great example of how to pace without taking away characters sensation of power and speed.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy Red Roc vs Kaido.
Red Roc was shit. We can't understand what it is.
It doesn't seem that it is his arm. It seems like a meteor. Remembers me God of Highschool.