Future Events What would your ideal ending be?

Would Lucius winning be a better ending than the typical shonen ending?

• Total voters
Hard to say...

I'm not going to say, that I will be satisfied with the story where demon won in the end.

Tho unlike D. Gray Man, here I don't see interesting options from where I could chose anything better then typical shonen final.

Probably most horrible ending will be if whole world lose magic.

Another horrible ending will be Asta's victory without any price.

I don't see other options

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Hard to say...

I'm not going to say, that I will be satisfied with the story where demon won in the end.

Tho unlike D. Gray Man, here I don't see interesting options from where I could chose anything better then typical shonen final.

Probably most horrible ending will be if whole world lose magic.

Another horrible ending will be Asta's victory without any price.

I don't see other options
A likely scenario I could see would be the Nagato scenario that I mentioned. Which is that Lucius manages to kill off let's say Yami or Yuno or other big, important characters, but in the end, when he's defeated and nerfed by Julius, Julius uses the last of their power to bring everyone back and reverse the situation. That has some tension with characters dying, but ultimately it would feel cheap if it's reversed and they all survive ngl.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Nah as much as I enjoy Lucius I would prefer to see Asta complete his dream. I would prefer to see Julius returning for the ending than I would want prefer to see Lucius win. Julius was always the pinnacle of Black Clover to me, and his pursuit of a more ideal world through peaceful means is imo an ideal worth paying off in the end.

And letโ€™s be real, Luciusโ€™s charisma went down the toilet when he declared Yuno his rival. Even if Yuno had reached that level of strength, to hear such a line from Lucius downgraded him from โ€œactual character with his own goals and idealsโ€ status, to โ€œplot device fundamentally designed to hype the MCsโ€ status. It was like Big Mom and Kaido inviting the rookies to defeat them. It just screams โ€œI am not a character, I am main character hypeโ€

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
โ€Ž
Lucius/Julius still alive at the end.
Julius continues to exist without Lucius.

And some magic knight deaths​

As much as I like Julius as a villain, I doubt his victory will feel right and time reverse after horrible consequences would feel extremely cheap, so I don't want that too.

I probably would be most satisfied with Lucius winning to a certain point, I'm fine with some permanent characters deaths (as long as it's not Yami & Charlotte, lol), and then Julius reappearing and helping Asta & the rest of BB defeating Lucius while Julius stalls him internally, as it would make sense to me. I also love the idea of the human world losing magic forever and thus sealing off devil's for good. I would find it ironic for all the powerful mages to finally feel like Asta :suresure:

K
Ok after the fight

some weeks pass everyone all dressed up
Big celebration

Noelle and Mino both confess to Asta

Asta says Ty but Im in love with someone else

after Sister Lily will confess to Asta

Asta will finally have everything heโ€™s ever dreamed of

:amazing:

There is no ending that would save this manga anymore.

Lucious winning would be ridiculous, nonsense. Manga can't end like that.

The whole thing is what even is the purpose of this arc? Just random power up for everyone to defeat a stronger villain?

It is ridiculous how the power levels are exploding this lasts arcs. With Asta the manga still work a bit showing his training explaining how this power of other country works. But with Yuno... He just became strong. Just that. And ridiculous strong. It seems that he is as strong as Julius used to be. Probably even stronger since he has that Magic Spirit boosting him and he has a second book, which lacks any explain why he can have 2 of it.

Black Clover was good until the middle of elf arc. Since that main elf wakes up it was all bullshit. And the demons are even worse.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
There is no ending that would save this manga anymore.
The Lucius reveal actually saved this manga.

Lucious winning would be ridiculous, nonsense. Manga can't end like that.
It would be interesting. Of course it won't happen tho.

The whole thing is what even is the purpose of this arc? Just random power up for everyone to defeat a stronger villain?
Of Judgment Day? Clearly Lucius getting new Paladins and taking over Clover before Asta and the Black Bulls get back.

It is ridiculous how the power levels are exploding this lasts arcs.
A devil in the middle of the spectrum, Zagreed, was immensely more powerful than elfs like Licht. If you're talking about Asta and Yuno, they both went through multiple states of their powerups.

But with Yuno... He just became strong. Just that. And ridiculous strong.
He was training off panel. That's how he developed Neverland.

t seems that he is as strong as Julius used to be.
Yuno's spell could only cover the green part of what Julius did

d he has a second book, which lacks any explain why he can have 2 of it.
Yuno is like William and Patri. His soul and the soul of Licht and Tetia's child were/are in the same body. They were merged at birth however and since the child is a Clover Royal descendant, Yuno acquired the 4 leaf grimoire from the Clover Kingdom that contained the spells for the child's magic, which due to the merger probably became the dominant one cuz Yuno's magic is unique. Think of it like Naruto using Kurama's chakra or something lol. They grew up as one, and by being in Clover were given the grimoire that was filled with wind magic. Cue this pic which should kinda illustrate that lol
Asta, Yuno and the elf child all growing up together.

Wind is the magic ability of Licht and Tetia's child

Star Magic is the magic that he inherited due to his lineage

That's why he is a dual-wilder.​

The Lucius reveal actually saved this manga.
Saved the manga? That was straight random shit. "Oh I was hide on his body this whole time and now I showed up". Everything Lucius did doesn't make a bit of sense. Why he didn't finished his transformation to control the World's Magic? Why he left Clover instead of beating everybody right there? Why he sent angels to that Sun Country? Only plot holes.

It would be interesting. Of course it won't happen tho.
There is nothing interesting in this guy winning. He would simply control everything in the world and there would be no scenario of that changing.

Of Judgment Day? Clearly Lucius getting new Paladins and taking over Clover before Asta and the Black Bulls get back.
So you didn't understand that the arc started with Lucius? My question was the purpose of the whole arc. What would add in the story? Literally nothing but saying look how strong Asta and Yuno are now. As if they didn't already surpassed all other captains and possibly even Julius in their fight with Demon King.

A devil in the middle of the spectrum, Zagreed, was immensely more powerful than elfs like Licht. If you're talking about Asta and Yuno, they both went through multiple states of their powerups.
I'm talking about everybody but yes mainly them. Not so long ago the manga established some power levels for characters that were already thrashed out because they power levels surpassed those pre-established so much.

He was training off panel. That's how he developed Neverland.
Yeah the off panelling trainning. He just became stupid powerful with an ability that makes every his allies powerful and his enemies weaker. Good writting...

Yuno's spell could only cover the green part of what Julius did
You mean the part that needed to be covered? Maybe Julius was just stupid to make such a big defense when he only needed to protect the city.

Yuno is like William and Patri. His soul and the soul of Licht and Tetia's child were/are in the same body. They were merged at birth however and since the child is a Clover Royal descendant, Yuno acquired the 4 leaf grimoire from the Clover Kingdom that contained the spells for the child's magic, which due to the merger probably became the dominant one cuz Yuno's magic is unique. Think of it like Naruto using Kurama's chakra or something lol. They grew up as one, and by being in Clover were given the grimoire that was filled with wind magic. Cue this pic which should kinda illustrate that lol
Asta, Yuno and the elf child all growing up together.

Wind is the magic ability of Licht and Tetia's child
Star Magic is the magic that he inherited due to his lineage
That's why he is a dual-wilder.
What? It was never said the he had 2 souls inside him. This is nonsense. Very different from Asta having a demon inside him. A different existence not a soul. This is just poor excuse you have found on your headcannon.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Yes.

That was straight random shit. "Oh I was hide on his body this whole time and now I showed up".
It was foreshadowed since the beginning with Julius smirking ominously when he held Asta's swords as well as understanding demon language, being the only one with time magic, being on the cover of the chapter called Light, which translated to Lucius.

Why he didn't finished his transformation to control the World's Magic?
With his siblings? He did it now.

Why he left Clover instead of beating everybody right there?
He needed to assemble his siblings magic so he can reconstruct people.

Why he sent angels to that Sun Country?
To take care of Asta.

There is nothing interesting in this guy winning. He would simply control everything in the world and there would be no scenario of that changing.
I disagree.

So you didn't understand that the arc started with Lucius?
What's my blud waffling about lmao.

My question was the purpose of the whole arc. What would add in the story? Literally nothing but saying look how strong Asta and Yuno are now. As if they didn't already surpassed all other captains and possibly even Julius in their fight with Demon King.
Are you talking about the previous arc?? The Spade Kingdom Raid? And not the current one??

I'm talking about everybody but yes mainly them. Not so long ago the manga established some power levels for characters that were already thrashed out because they power levels surpassed those pre-established so much.
Asta and Yuno are both anomalies in the powerlevel spectrum and the main characters.

Yeah the off panelling trainning. He just became stupid powerful with an ability that makes every his allies powerful and his enemies weaker. Good writting...
I never said it was good writing. I said he acquired it over the timeskip training off panel.

You mean the part that needed to be covered? Maybe Julius was just stupid to make such a big defense when he only needed to protect the city.
Nah, it was to show off the difference in their power.

What? It was never said the he had 2 souls inside him. This is nonsense. Very different from Asta having a demon inside him. A different existence not a soul. This is just poor excuse you have found on your headcannon.
It's right there in panels buddy..​

It was foreshadowed since the beginning with Julius smirking ominously when he held Asta's swords as well as understanding demon language, being the only one with wind magic, being on the cover of the chapter called Light, which translated to Lucius.
Show the panels.

With his siblings? He did it now.
So he controls World magic? Why he doesn't just take the magic of the world? What was the point?

He needed to assemble his siblings magic so he can reconstruct people.
He could have done that later after killing everybody else anyway. And he is a demon why he wants a peaceful world and ressurect people?

The Sister didn't even knew he was alive.

Are you talking about the previous arc?? The Spade Kingdom Raid? And not the current one??
You have a really hard time with interpretation and understand things. I'm saying this CURRENT arc has no purpose other than showing how powerful ASTA and YUNO are but that was already ESTABLISHED at the LAST ARC.

Asta and Yuno are both anomalies in the powerlevel spectrum and the main characters.
That came out of nowhere. And this is just poor writing of main characters shits. Same shit with Boruto and DBS that made the series being that awful. Only Naruto/Sasuke and Goku/Vegeta matters. Fuck all other characters. And the series didn't started like that. All characters had relevant and started to lose it exactly when I'm saying the series got awful in the middle of elf arc when Litch wakes up and we have all that bullshit with Elf's souls invanding humans etc. Asta and Yuno fighting Litch like they were the only capable of it. And then that Demon revelation at the end. Agh... Really bad writting.

I never said it was good writing. I said he acquired it over the timeskip training off panel.
So you just quotting me to say the obvious. I know it was offscreened I'm complaning about being a bad writting decision.

Nah, it was to show off the difference in their power.
So current villain also weaker than Patry? Because Yuno is protecting his whole attack.

It's right there in panels buddy..
No it is not.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
There were a plethora of more hints in the anime as well.

So he controls World magic? Why he doesn't just take the magic of the world? What was the point?
Now? I don't know yet. Probably yes, or will soon.

He could have done that later after killing everybody else anyway. And he is a demon why he wants a peaceful world and ressurect people?
There are probably limits to it so he needs their magic. Of course it was mainly done so Asta could train lmao. He has a contract with a demon. Because he wants a world with no discrimination. Have you read Black Clover? It's all literally explained there lmao.

The Sister didn't even knew he was alive.
Lucius has foresight and legit said why he sent them there lol
Let me repeat myself lol. Did you read Black Clover? It's fine if you didn't, but let's not waste anymore time in that case.

You have a really hard time with interpretation and understand things. I'm saying this CURRENT arc has no purpose other than showing how powerful ASTA and YUNO are but that was already ESTABLISHED at the LAST ARC.
Br0 your English is not quite good. You're unable to articulate your thoughts clearly, hence my need to ask you sub-questions in order to understand what it is you want to say. This arc is for Lucius to capture Clover, like I said previously.

That came out of nowhere.
We knew both Yuno and Asta were special since the start. Yuno legit received a 4 leaf grimoire and Asta was bestowed with a 5 leaf grimoire.

. And this is just poor writing of main characters shits. Same shit with Boruto and DBS that made the series being that awful. Only Naruto/Sasuke and Goku/Vegeta matters. Fuck all other characters.
I don't follow those.

And the series didn't started like that. All characters had relevant and started to lose it exactly when I'm saying the series got awful in the middle of elf arc when Litch wakes up and we have all that bullshit with Elf's souls invanding humans etc. Asta and Yuno fighting Litch like they were the only capable of it. And then that Demon revelation at the end. Agh... Really bad writting.
Yuno and Asta were both advancing head and shoulders ahead of the rest. The rest were more powerful cuz they were more experienced and then Asta and Yuno surpassed them.

So you just quotting me to say the obvious. I know it was offscreened I'm complaning about being a bad writting decision.
LMAO. He had a year and a month to train, that's how he got stronger. Your complaint sounded like Yuno just got stronger outta nowhere. If you don't like it being off-panel, that's fine of course. But it's not like it happened just like that.

So current villain also weaker than Patry? Because Yuno is protecting his whole attack.
Lucius? No he beats a million Patrys.

It's right there in the panels my dude. Check again.

Last edited:
Now? I don't know yet. Probably yes, or will soon.
Okay. The smirk he gave to Asta is nothing evil. No foreshadow here.
He being at the cover of chapter 36 called Light which translate to Lucius is no foreshadow of anything. This not translates in anyway of him having a demon inside him. I was more curious about him knowing demon language. And I didn't get you saying about he being the only with wind magic. You wanted to say time magic?

There were a plethora of more hints in the anime as well.
Just not knowing that and it was said recently on manga already shows how bad writting it is.

There are probably limits to it so he needs their magic. Of course it was mainly done so Asta could train lmao. He has a contract with a demon. Because he wants a world with no discrimination. Have you read Black Clover? It's all literally explained there lmao.
Why a demon wants a world with no discrimination? He is the demon Lucius he isn't the human Julius. They don't have contract. Natch has contracts with demons. Asta is "merged" with one. Julius was just taken by a demon similar to Spade demons.

Br0 your English is not quite good. You're unable to articulate your thoughts clearly, hence my need to ask you sub-questions in order to understand what it is you want to say. This arc is for Lucius to capture Clover, like I said previously.
I know my english is not perfect but is more than clear to understand my thoughts. I talk to many people both in this forum and in other places and is very rare to find people like you with this claims.
And you still fail to understand. What is the purpose of this arc to the main story of becoming Wizard King or any story driven before. We had Elf Arc that pushed the Demon Arc but Demon Arc didn't pushed this new one. It was created without purpose.

We knew both Yuno and Asta were special since the start. Yuno legit received a 4 leaf grimoire and Asta was bestowed with a 5 leaf grimoire.
No. They were made special. Asta is unique but since beginning his power isn't that overpower like he is becoming now and the same goes to Yuno. With Asta is more understandable since he is trainning and unleashing all the abilities of his uniqueness but Yuno... Yuno power ups are awful. Elf, Royal, Spirit, Second Book. They are forcing him too much to be strong and somehow look like he is superior to Asta when Asta is clearly ahead of him with much more well build power ups.

I don't follow either but I know what is going on.

Yuno and Asta were both advancing head and shoulders ahead of the rest. The rest were more powerful cuz they were more experienced and then Asta and Yuno surpassed them.
And that sucks. That puts Asta and Yuno so superior to even captains that makes all other charactes irrelevants. This is a stupid way to power scale.

LMAO. He had a year and a month to train, that's how he got stronger. You complaint sounded like Yuno just got stronger outta nowhere.
He is not the only trainning. Everybody was trainning. Why no one can catch up with him not even captains? You have no argument dude you just say the obvious. I'm complaining about bad writting and you come here to say "Yes it is bad writting".

Lucius? No he beats a million Patrys.
Then what the hell are you arguing?

It's right there in the panels my dude. Check again.
Sorry it is. Just unexplained why he got elfs magic.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Okay. The smirk he gave to Asta is nothing evil. No foreshadow here
It's clearly foreshadowing towards there being more to Lucius. In addition he knows Asta has no magic immediately. There are clues that there is more to his persona that him being this goody two shoes.

He being at the cover of chapter 36 called Light which translate to Lucius is no foreshadow of anything.
It's proof that Tabata had this planned out and it wasn't random. Why have him there exactly then with that name?

. And I didn't get you saying about he being the only with wind magic. You wanted to say time magic?
Yes time magic, I edited it once I saw I said wind instead of time.

Julius saying he and Asta are linked to each other by fate somehow

Patri wondering how he could be human at all

The clock in Spade rewinding back and back all the time

Just not knowing that and it was said recently on manga already shows how bad writting it is.
If it was hinted in the anime it was clearly planned ahead and not thought off on the spot

All the traitors in opening 2 having black backgrounds. Only they have them

All other characters in the opening are placed against white backgrounds. It was soon revealed that the first two were traitors to the Clover Kingdom. Now that Juliusโ€™ true identity is revealed, the symbolism behind the dark backgrounds is clear in hindsight.

The next major reveal came in the section of the story where Gordon, Asta, and others visited Gordonโ€™s family for clues on devils. Gordonโ€™s father, Nathan, used a spell which mapped out the locations of curses, and a massive flame was seen in the Spade Kingdom Royal Capital.
At the time, this was suspected to be a clue about devils, or even a rogue devil hiding in the shadows. In hindsight, however, itโ€™s clear that this was meant to be a hint of Juliusโ€™ true identity as Lucius Zogratis, presumed host of the Time Devil Astaroth.

Another major hint from their fight is the presence of black dust around Julius after he exerts a lot of his magical power. Later, once the Zogratis siblings, Zagred, Nacht, and Astaโ€™s Devil Union forms are introduced, it becomes clear that this is a sign of using devil powers.

Why a demon wants a world with no discrimination? He is the demon Lucius he isn't the human Julius. They don't have contract. Natch has contracts with demons. Asta is "merged" with one. Julius was just taken by a demon similar to Spade demons.
I've edited the post with the panels above. I'll add them again. No, Lucius bound the devil to him. He's not taken over by the devil.

I know my english is not perfect but is more than clear to understand my thoughts. I talk to many people both in this forum and in other places and is very rare to find people like you with this claims.
Never mind. This has no bearing on the discussion.

And you still fail to understand. What is the purpose of this arc to the main story of becoming Wizard King or any story driven before. We had Elf Arc that pushed the Demon Arc but Demon Arc didn't pushed this new one. It was created without purpose.
It's clearly setting up the final battle. Lucius takes over the Kingdom. Asta and the Bulls arrive later and fight.

No. They were made special.
A 4 leaf grimoire is almost unheard of. Likewise with the 5 leaf grimoire. They were both special since the start. And it was revealed more and more.

Yuno power ups are awful. Elf, Royal, Spirit, Second Book. They are forcing him too much to be strong and somehow look like he is superior to Asta when Asta is clearly ahead of him with much more well build power ups.
He is not the only trainning. Everybody was trainning. Why no one can catch up with him not even captains? You have no argument dude you just say the obvious. I'm complaining about bad writting and you come here to say "Yes it is bad writting".
Because they are the main characters and special. I am not trying to make any arguments. It is what it is. They get the bulk of the power, and others can't reach them, because they are the special ones. It happens in every manga.

And that sucks. That puts Asta and Yuno so superior to even captains that makes all other charactes irrelevants. This is a stupid way to power scale.
We always knew Asta and Yuno would surpass the captains though.

Then what the hell are you arguing?
That Julius is portrayed ahead of Yuno still. But Yuno being close to him.

Sorry it is. Just unexplained why he got elfs magic.
Because their souls got merged and he received a Clover Kingdom grimoire. When he was in Spade he received his own grimoire.

It's probably best to agree to disagree. This most likely won't lead anywhere lmao.​

Lucius is human and he wants peace on earth, and to make everyone pure of heart. Clearly that's the good ending, the real ending will be Asta winning and the world being miserable so he has more monsters to fight. The end.

The only thing that would save the Manga:
- more devil lore
- what is the origin story of the demon world / devils in general
- what is the background story, how did Lucius become Wizard King, what does this title even mean in the wider kontext of the story?
- more wizard king lore in general
- more outside countries reveals / different magic kinds