General & Others The more Oda hyped up the World Government, the lamer the BB Pirates look

Like am I the only one who feels like after the reverie where oda portrayed the leaders of the world as hellish monsters and introduced us with the holy knights, it really kills the hype of the Blakcbeard Pirates.

Like not exactly BB himself, but the titanic captains have been completely dehyped to the point that we’re arguing if five geezers are stronger than a character who looks heads and shoulders more important and powerful than the other 9 titanic captains.

Hell does Zoros next fight Shiryu even have any hype? Odas doing a really bad job of making these guys feel impressive to us and the more he shows the WG the more clear this becomes.

Only if you for some reason thought that BBp would be endgame villains lol.

BBp has been getting clowned all over tho.

Went to Amazon lily for Boa's fruit - Got turned to stone and scared away by Ray. Only got Koby as consolation for the trip.

Ambushed Law - Law and Bepo escaped. Didn't get the ope ope no mi which was one of their objectives. Got the pone rubbings tho.

Egghead - consolation price koby escaped. Fucking Garp and Sword invade. Awaiting results.

And his whole plan seems fucking dumb. Bargaining with the WG to become an official country... BB you're island is fucking called the pirate paradise.

I hope there's more to his plan than "wanna become king of the world"

Only if you for some reason thought that BBp would be endgame villains lol.

BBp has been getting clowned all over tho.

Went to Amazon lily for Boa's fruit - Got turned to stone and scared away by Ray. Only got Koby as consolation for the trip.

Ambushed Law - Law and Bepo escaped. Didn't get the ope ope no mi which was one of their objectives. Got the pone rubbings tho.

Egghead - consolation price koby escaped. Fucking Garp and Sword invade. Awaiting results.

And his whole plan seems fucking dumb. Bargaining with the WG to become an official country... BB you're island is fucking called the pirate paradise.

I hope there's more to his plan than "wanna become king of the world"
But not even as end game villains but villains for a next arc. Like honestly hype wise Blackbeard doesn’t seem stronger than luffy nor does his best men barring kuzan seem stronger than the wings.

But not even as end game villains but villains for a next arc. Like honestly hype wise Blackbeard doesn’t seem stronger than luffy nor does his best men barring kuzan seem stronger than the wings.
3rd DF for BB should fix that. And Luffy not being able to toonify BB to an extent because of Yami Yami will make the fight more in favor of BB. Seems like a Haki heat check for Luffy before he goes against the WG.

Shiryu seems similar for zoro as well with Coo training before he fights Mihawk.

Van Auger Vs Usopp probably won't involve CQC or Usopp is fucked.

And kuzan most likely leave them to get fucked.

The BB pirates always been the most pirate like of all the pirates in the manga. Their role as antagonists imo is meant to portray that, true pirate vibes and Blackbeard’s calculating yet chaotic and unorganized approach. I think he’s a wildcard kinda villain and I’m here for it

I can't disagree. It's another one of Lolda's faults, especially since BBP's DF powers don't seem all that impressive initially.
Honestly the only one that looks strong is Blackbeard and Kuzan
Post automatically merged:

Tbh I felt this way before the latest WG chapters lol.
I mean I did too at beehive but honestly, the reverie kinda sealed it.

BB’s executives looked lame because they’ve only come across people way above their paygrade. Law easily dealing with Doc Q and Burgess attacks is expected. Kuzan negging commanders beside Shiryu and Sanji/Jinbei opponent is expected. Boa negging horny pirates is expected even if Vasco Shot actually turns out to be a strong commander-tier for example.

BB’s executives looked lame because they’ve only come across people way above their paygrade. Law easily dealing with Doc Q and Burgess attacks is expected. Kuzan negging commanders beside Shiryu and Sanji/Jinbei opponent is expected. Boa negging horny pirates is expected even if Vasco Shot actually turns out to be a strong commander-tier for example.
But you’d think they’d have any sort of hype or do anything. Hell taking the Wci Poneglyph would’ve been a great start… but kuzan did it.

Garp came to the island to cause trouble, kuzan is taking care of it.

Law and his crew is ambushed by the BBP, his crew holds off titanic captains while Blackbeard does all of it.

BBP hype died a long time ago.

Their post ts portrayal is the worst out of any character and i really believe there is a chance that Oda's asspull with Imu after 20 years was because he understood he made a mistake with the BBP and instead of fixing that mistake he clowned them even more.

p.s im not counting Teach & Kuzan, only the commanders.
Post automatically merged:

Blackbeard pirates are straw hats but as villains
He hyped the shit out of lvl 6 prisoners and he couldnt deliver. These guys are not rookies like the SHs.

BBP hype died a long time ago.

Their post ts portrayal is the worst out of any character and i really believe there is a chance that Oda's asspull with Imu after 20 years was because he understood he made a mistake with the BBP and instead of fixing that mistake he clowned them even more.

p.s im not counting Teach & Kuzan, only the commanders.
Yeah i mwan in wano oda hyped the calamities well.

Zou was just Jack hype then having him fight Sengoku Tsuru and Fujitora then Jack basically was treated as a weakling by king and queen.

Then king solely stopped the big mom pirates while Queen solely fought and captured big mom when they invaded.

Out of all of wanos problems, hyping the beast pirates was probably the only thing oda did decently. But currently Blackbeard pirates seem much weaker than them.