Character Discussion The Fighter & Swordsman duo-ship continues even in the Land of Gods

Who's Superior?

• Supreme-Commander Saint Garling

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Commander-in-Chief Kong

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Long ago I made a thread on https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/garp-roger-fist-sword-epitome-of-one-piece.11813/ the duo-ship of "The fighter" & "The swordsman" that exists in the world of One Piece. And how Garp & Roger represented it's epitome on the seas of One Piece world. But now a new "duo" of sort has appeared in the land of Mariejois with the recent chapter.

There are two important individuals under the Gorosei who command the most powerful forces the Gorosei have. And one of them is a swordsman, while the other appears to be a fighter akin to the likes of Garp.... and both are old men.

1st. Commander-in-Chief of World Government Military, KONG. The leader of Marines + CP1-9 + Branches such as Ennis Lobby + Formerly Warlords + any other military force of the World Government. Kong is the supreme commander of the most powerful force the Gorosei have under them. As the Vivre Card even points out, he's the one who makes sure the military prowess of the World Government is on par to keep up with other factions of the world.

2nd. The newly introduced character of Saint Garling Figarland, The Supreme Commander of God's Knights/Holy Knights. Saint Garling leads the 2nd most powerful force the Gorosei have under them, and this one being a direct force of the Celestial Dragons themselves.

One is Supreme Commander of the CD's forces.
Other is Commander-in-Chief of the WG's forces.

One is a Former King
Other is a former Fleet Admiral

One is a Swordsman
Other is a Fighter

One has power over affairs related to the CD and deals with them.
Other has power over affairs of the WG and deals with them (even judicial branch of Ennis Lobby falls under Kong's command.)

And the ones above them are... The Gorosei & Imu. They're both fuckin old, but still reign power.

I'm not saying they're Garp-Roger/Luffy-Zoro or some shit like that. But just focusing on the Fighter-Swordsman duality that exists there with the two. It is very interesting to me, how Oda repeats it here as well. The reoccurring theme that was brought up by Roronoa in chapter 112, Swordsman vs Fighter.

Last edited:
God Oda needs to utilize Kong already, theres clearly a huge hole in the WG heirarchy that hes not elaborating on.
Post automatically merged:

Imo, Kong has 5 or 6 Subordinates that generally command the military forces (Outside of the Fleet Admiral) in each sea, similar to the Revolutionary Army.

They are responsible for the WG forces separate from Marines (i.e. Enies Lobby, Impel Down, Cipher Pol, etc). I really wonder if Oda will characterize this group more in the future

Last edited: