Questions & Mysteries 12 Supreme Grade Swords

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t get to see a Saijo O Wazamono in Wano. I wonder if that’s because Oda intends to give them all an owner and Wano has no one alive on it he deems worthy to wield one. So far, all confirmed owners of a Saijo O Wazamono are among the cream of the crop in the One Piece World. I’m inclined to say we won’t see all of them, but the next one we do see will be wielded by a top tier, is my guess.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t get to see a Saijo O Wazamono in Wano. I wonder if that’s because Oda intends to give them all an owner and Wano has no one on it he deems worthy to wield one. So far, all confirmed owners of a Saijo O Wazamono are among the cream of the crop in the One Piece World. I’m inclined to say we won’t see all of them, but the next one we do see will be wielded by a top tier, is my guess.
Maybe shiryu ?

I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t get to see a Saijo O Wazamono in Wano. I wonder if that’s because Oda intends to give them all an owner and Wano has no one alive on it he deems worthy to wield one. So far, all confirmed owners of a Saijo O Wazamono are among the cream of the crop in the One Piece World. I’m inclined to say we won’t see all of them, but the next one we do see will be wielded by a top tier, is my guess.
I think the lack of one in Wano was because of Zoro's progression.

He made Ryuma the big hero of the country, and Zoro got his sword. But he couldn't give Zoro one of the twelve pre-timeskip, that's far too early. So now he's went the route of giving Zoro another sword from a Wano hero- but one that he can himself turn into a supreme grade sword.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I think the lack of one in Wano was because of Zoro's progression.

He made Ryuma the big hero of the country, and Zoro got his sword. But he couldn't give Zoro one of the twelve pre-timeskip, that's far too early. So now he's went the route of giving Zoro another sword from a Wano hero- but one that he can himself turn into a supreme grade sword.
Do we have definitive proof swords rise in grade once turning black? I know the various translations are wonky about that, some suggesting it rises in sword grade, while others just the fact it will become a black blade.

Do we have definitive proof swords rise in grade once turning black? I know the various translations are wonky about that, some suggesting it rises in sword grade, while others just the fact it will become a black blade.
Official translation says that "Enma is not yet forged into a black blade! Depending on you, its rank might yet be raised."

I wouldn't say that's proof that all swords rise a grade if they get turned black, but Enma will.

Technically speaking it's not even a guarantee for Enma in-series- but we as readers know that it is.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Official translation says that "Enma is not yet forged into a black blade! Depending on you, its rank might yet be raised."

I wouldn't say that's proof that all swords rise a grade if they get turned black, but Enma will.

Technically speaking it's not even a guarantee for Enma in-series- but we as readers know that it is.
I’m still taking a wait and see approach on this. The way that exchange was panelled, it seemed like Oda wanted to make Hitetsu’s words leave us a bit bewildered. We’ll definitely get a clear answer later on, possibly during the end of war celebration.