Chapter Discussion Garling was on Garp & Roger's side in God Valley Incident

I don't know why I saw so many ppl say this guy fought Garp or Roger at God Valley when it's literally in the cannon story in chapter 957

Roger and Garp fought to save Celestial Dragons (probably Garling) and his slaves at God Valley and in reward I'm assuming Garling gave his child to Roger to raise him or something like that

But seems like Xebec was the "good guy" in this situation going against the celestial dragons while Roger/Garp just wanted to stop him

Also with more context the battle is starting to make more sense now if it's :

Xebec vs Roger & Garp
Newgate vs Rayleigh
Linlin vs Gaban
Shiki vs Garling

it's much more even now

Yeah actually in the L's thread it completely slipped my mind that Garp took a pretty big one too

Stans wanted to believe he took on whitebeard, kaido, big mom and xebec all at the same time but a confirmed powerful celestial dragon was there to help too and probably much more.

Combine that with the marines stating that infighting was more likely the reason they got taken down and Garp coin has tanked

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Nah. WB didn't have that scar in the oden flash back.

Either oda fucked up there, or Garling ain't the one he's talking about.

Could also be that Garling is a recent addition and oda hadn't conceived plans for him or the holy knights yet at the time of oden flash back.
Probably retconned.

It's not like Oda is gonna show Whitebeard butt naked to see the scars.

And Whitebeard have some bandages with him when he was drinking with Roger.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yes, I speculate that initially the matches started with: Roger vs Xebec, Garp vs Wb and Kaidou vs Garling.
Roger vs Xebec is 120% the duel that occurred.

I think from Kaido's flashback and talking with Big Mom we can tell that he and BM were watching Xebec's downfall from the side/afar.

When WB was closing in on the Plaza he mocked Garp for being just an "old marine" or something like that. So Garp vs WB might've been the fight.

Rayleigh, Gaban, Garling vs Shiki, Kaido and Big Mom ( the matchups are irrelevant here I mean just 3 vs 3 ).

Roger vs Xebec is 120% the duel that occurred.

I think from Kaido's flashback and talking with Big Mom we can tell that he and BM were watching Xebec's downfall from the side/afar.

When WB was closing in on the Plaza he mocked Garp for being just an "old marine" or something like that. So Garp vs WB might've been the fight.

Rayleigh, Gaban, Garling vs Shiki, Kaido and Big Mom ( the matchups are irrelevant here I mean just 3 vs 3 ).
I agree with you, after all, Big Mom was seen the next day unharmed without any bandages, which makes the possibility of her not being involved in the conflict high. The same could apply to Kaido, but it would be really bad writing on Oda's part, just imagine having all these figures present on the island only watching the fight between Xebec and Roger. LMFAO.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I agree with you, after all, Big Mom was seen the next day unharmed without any bandages, which makes the possibility of her not being involved in the conflict high. The same could apply to Kaido, but it would be really bad writing on Oda's part, just imagine having all these figures present on the island only watching the fight between Xebec and Roger. LMFAO.
Well, if Oda does the flashback to that moment now it will be bad. Dude can't write consistently.

He couldn't write a serious war on Wano ( alliance should've lost and they should have literal Top Tier aiding them imho ).

If he has a problem with this, imagine how terrible the fight would be with all these legends if he writes it.

Well, if Oda does the flashback to that moment now it will be bad. Dude can't write consistently.

He couldn't write a serious war on Wano ( alliance should've lost and they should have literal Top Tier aiding them imho ).

If he has a problem with this, imagine how terrible the fight would be with all these legends if he writes it.
Breaks of 2 weeks or even 1 month will be normal at this stage we are at so that Oda's 1 core brain can have 30 or more days to think about how not to shit a war, while he steals ideas from other successful authors. The One Piece folks have already over-normalized the good guys' tons of plot armor and Oda's lack of creativity.

This manga is pathetic shit.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢