Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of his paranoia concerning the prophecy and the scabbards and Kozuki family Orochi was really unable of suspecting his own followers and allies, whenever it was Kyoshiro or Komurasaki or his benefactor Kaido.

Orochi should have known that it's always very dangerous to be entirely reliant on and to owe everything to one man like Kaido and that he was never Kaido's equal.
Even Doflamingo who views himself as godly knew that he was not Kaido's equal.

However I don't think that Orochi nor that Kanjuro are dead. Weeds are hard to kill after all and Orochi has a df that may protect him from even decapitation given that the Orochi snake has 8 heads and can endure an absurd lot of punishement like its western cousin the Hydra of Lern. Plus it's possible that Oda could have given the Hydra's ability to the Orochi zoan.

Also Kanjuro is a master actor and painter and he certainely hasn't show the full extent of the tricks he can do with his df.

This chapter showed two things
- SSG > warlords
- marines and warlords > 1 emperor No, if anything it showed the reverse, kaido is only going after ancient weapons and allying with bm to take over after the warlords removal

For me it is:
2 emperors = marines and warlords
3 emperors > WG
Anyway the official translate will make things clear

9/10 it felt kinda short but a great chapter
agree with the rest but i corrected one thing.

Also! Im really starting to like the female characters this arc! First Ulti and then yamato! Love how he called his dad old bastard lmfao.

Kaido clearly loves him, but it seems to be rough love.

Then again garp was beating the shit out of luffy/ace and lleaving them in jungles/ravines whatever. Im seeing parallels here

BangOOπŸ…

Pepebusi Spammer
β€Ž
The important thing in this chapter
  1. Kanjuro and Kiku had Armament Haki
  2. For Yamato, "Oden" is the person who can open the border of Wano. So everyone who can open the border of wano is "Oden"
  3. Luffy really mastering his advanced armament haki because he said so casually about take off Yamato's handcuffs.
  4. SSG > Warlords
  5. Marines + SSG = 1 Yonko
  6. Marines + SSG < 2 Yonko
  7. Kaido and Big Mom trying to get One Piece and "Ancient Weapon"
  8. Wanokuni will be "New Onigashima" and Yamato will be the new shogun.
  9. Orochi and Kanjuro dead/not dead.
  10. Luffy and Yamato is found and trying to go to Momo's place with Kaido and the calamities there.
  11. The henchmen trying to contact Tobi Roppo. My guess is Who'who.

Status
Not open for further replies.