Break Week Are we on break?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
i Hope it's not Covid when i Hear any thing about 2 week i automatically think about covid
Two things - first, he is a manga artist and famous recluse who lets hardly anyone else handle his work...there’s little chance he’s been exposed to COVID; second, it’s been long established that he’s about three chapters ahead of the most recent installment, so I find it hard to believe that we suddenly aren’t getting #992 this week because he hasn’t finished it, meaning Shueisha COULD release it to cover an absence if they wanted.

Two things - first, he is a manga artist and famous recluse who lets hardly anyone else handle his work...there’s little chance he’s been exposed to COVID; second, it’s been long established that he’s about three chapters ahead of the most recent installment, so I find it hard to believe that we suddenly aren’t getting #992 this week because he hasn’t finished it, meaning Shueisha COULD release it to cover an absence if they wanted.
Like I mentioned to Seth, this is not true. He is only ahead on storyboarding with several chapters. It takes another week or two to fully draw, edit, and typeset the chapter for printing. This does not all get done in one week. It gets staggered with other chapters down the line.

When he gets sick, he is behind already, so they have to delay the manga.

Edit: "Oda usually finishes drawing a storyboard of a chapter 17-19 days before the official release date." TV show "Real Scope" (19 March 2011)

Storyboarding is not a finished chapter. This is what people mixed up.

Last edited:
yes but he still have assistant and editor
about 3 chapter ahead its script and storyboard (like pics blow) not whole chapter final design will be done in same week

i think he said that he will spend 3-4 day for creating script and story board for future chapters and remaining days for drawing and completing current chapter

Last edited: