Chapter 1 000

Some time ago, One Piece's Twitter account started a countdown to Chapter 1000.

First, they started by posting a picture of Jinbei (the last Mugiwara currently recruited).
Here is the Twitter version then the Instagram version :

By ScotchInformer in the thread of 991 summary & images :

Author Eiichiro Oda mentions that
"The goal now is for manga to reach Chapter 1000 at the end of this year !!"
Comment in Jump Magazine for this week.

More:

Eiichiro Oda Aiming for Chapter 1000 at the end of this year !! The new system will be *2 Chapters then Break* or *3 Chapters then break* -According to his comment on Jump.

This new system because Corona Pandamic (as we know).

A few minutes ago, following chapter 991, the Twitter account published an image of Brook (still with the Twitter/Instagram version of the image) :

By Redon in Arlong Park Forums :

Since chapter 992 release, Eiichiro Oda's staff release Twitter & Instagram version of Franky for the coundtown until chapter 1000. Thanks to ScotchInformer to share the first picture & Redon to share the second picture in Arlong Park :

With 993 official release, One Piece release Nico Robin picture. Thanks to @Lance_Dragonite to notify this !

Firstly, Nico Robin Twitter version, and Nico Robin Instagram version.

After chapter 994, One Piece officials Twitter & Instagram accounts posted Chopper picture ! Big thanks to @ScotchInformer to shared to us the two pictures !
Firstly, Twitter version, and after Instagram version :

After chapter 995 release, Oda staff published Sanji picture. Thanks to @Lance_Dragonite to notifie. Below are firstly Twitter version & Instagram version :

Again, thanks to @Lance_Dragonite to sharing Ussop pictures :
Here is Twitter version :

Here is Instagram version :

Nami pictures :

Zoro pictures :

Twitter version :

Instagram version :

Luffy Twitter & Instagram version :

Last edited:
All he needs is one 3-chapter string to achieve this btw. If he went to 993 before taking another break, then did a 2 chapter schedule until December, Chapter 1000 would be the last published on the last issue of Jump this year.

Not that I hope for the minimum, hopefully he does at least 2 more, 3-chapter schedules so ch 1001 or 1002 also comes out this year too. It doesn't need to be dragged to be the absolute last chapter this year.

I update this post when I can have maybe a confirmation from Redon (AP) :

The Shûeisha staff did a live in YouTube and said that a big project arrives for Ch.1000 :

With my translation (so probably some mistakes) : " I'm going to do something that no one has ever done before."

I wonder what this project will be.

A game would be underwhelming and we just had Stampede a few years ago as far as movies.

Your move, Oda.

All he needs is one 3-chapter string to achieve this btw. If he went to 993 before taking another break, then did a 2 chapter schedule until December, Chapter 1000 would be the last published on the last issue of Jump this year.

Not that I hope for the minimum, hopefully he does at least 2 more, 3-chapter schedules so ch 1001 or 1002 also comes out this year too. It doesn't need to be dragged to be the absolute last chapter this year.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Oda does want 1000 to be the last chapter of the year. He’d probably think it’s a good way to end the year and dragging it out would also allow him to have more breaks (which I’m sure he appreciates given the covid prevention measures he must be having to take).

—-

I’m also expecting chapter 1000 to have more pages than usual haha, 30 would be nice.