Character Discussion No Samurai/Swordsman will be has strong has Oden

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Lmfao Kaido for the 2nd chapter in a row comments how theor Swordsmanship are trash and that nobody strong like Oden is around. Zoro going to show him he ain't no scabbard.
Zoro is the thread that connects Oden's deeds and his consequential death to the will to take down Kaido. He is clearly meant to succeed where Oden failed due to a weakness in personality. Even though he lost and died, he managed to traumatize Kaido to such whopping extent. Oda loves happy finale so there's no way Kaido isn't being taken down by the hand of a swordsman.

Zoro is the thread that connects Oden's deeds and his consequential death to the will to take down Kaido. He is clearly meant to succeed where Oden failed due to a weakness in personality. Even though he lost and died, he managed to traumatize Kaido to such whopping extent. Oda loves happy finale so there's no way Kaido isn't being taken down by the hand of a swordsman.
Agree with the logic behind it. But I'm not sure if Oda would make someone else (Zoro) finish Kaido off and kill him while Kaido is still Luffys opponent and Luffy is supposed to take him down and viewed as the one who has taken him down.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Agree with the logic behind it. But I'm not sure if Oda would make someone else (Zoro) finish Kaido off and kill him while Kaido is still Luffys opponent and Luffy is supposed to take him down and viewed as the one who has taken him down.
For all I can tell only Big Mom is a sworn enemy to Luffy and we have solid confirmation that he will be the one to bring her down. If Elbaf won't feature her defeat I can see Luffy dealing with her on Wano. The only issue is I'm not sure the SH side is ready to take out two yonko at once, even if they got their hands free from the other yonko crew members that perhaps the supernova and allies could deal with.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
At first I doubted Zoro was really going to fight Kaido or have some relevant role in it (maybe after he beat King Oda could have delivered a cool 2 pages spready with all the supernovas vs Kaido or something) yet it is now clear this idea is gaining strength with each passing chapter.
It should be clear from the moment Zoro remembered Yasu's words and then tamed Enma.

It should be clear from the moment Zoro remembered Yasu's words and then tamed Enma.
Yet the usual pattern is that Luffy takes the big bad villain while Zoro takes the 1st mate who is also a swordsman with a calm attitude who also bickers with the 3 guy in the crew (seems almost a description of Zoro or Mr.1). Now I find it idfficult Zoro will not go for King and Sanji for Queen but have Zoro beat King and even shine (and quite a bit most likely) vs Kaido imo it is still a lot to expect (maybe this is the Thriller bark of the post time skip? Zoro has his fight but then Luffy is knocked out and he has to save the day again? Who knows?).

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yet the usual pattern is that Luffy takes the big bad villain while Zoro takes the 1st mate who is also a swordsman with a calm attitude who also bickers with the 3 guy in the crew (seems almost a description of Zoro or Mr.1). Now I find it idfficult Zoro will not go for King and Sanji for Queen but have Zoro beat King and even shine (and quite a bit most likely) vs Kaido imo it is still a lot to expect (maybe this is the Thriller bark of the post time skip? Zoro has his fight but then Luffy is knocked out and he has to save the day again? Who knows?).
My first idea was: Zoro vs King and then he joins the royal rumble party against Kaido and has some shining moment like cutting Kaido.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yup, at this point it is to be expected that he will redo the Oden wound, reopen, make it as deep, so something that will make Kaido realize this man is either almost Oden equal/ Oden equal.
Most likely. But I'm super pissed about Oden wank.

Zoro should give Kaido another scar.

Probably what u said will become true because of "iNhErItEd wIlL" or "sYmBoLisM" but I don't like this much.

Last edited:
Most likely. But I'm super pissed about Oden wank.

Zoro should give Zoro another scar.

Probably what u said will become true because of "iNhErItEd wIlL" or "sYmBoLisM" but I don't like this much.
Either way if Wano Zoro replicates Oden feat vs an older and stronger Kaido that will simply put Zoro as high as Oden and so meaning eos Zoro and Mihawk are way stronger than Oden. Anyway we can only wait to see how Oda is gonna play this but it finally seems we will get some real epic moment from Zoro after Thriller bark. What we get in the whole time skip are half a chapter vs Pica, not even really serious, and some panels vs Kamazou. Now it is nigh time to deliver some real Zoro fight for Oda.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Either way if Wano Zoro replicates Oden feat vs an older and stronger Kaido that will simply put Zoro as high as Oden and so meaning eos Zoro and Mihawk are way stronger than Oden. Anyway we can only wait to see how Oda is gonna play this but it finally seems we will get some real epic moment from Zoro after Thriller bark. What we get in the whole time skip are half a chapter vs Pica, not even really serious, and some panels vs Kamazou. Now it is nigh time to deliver some real Zoro fight for Oda.
Do you think Zoro might've been stronger than Luffy fresh outta training after they returned to Sabaody?

Btw. Mihawk > Oden.

Oden was YC.

There's no way Oden was a simple Yonko Commander level man. Kaido is showing an unhealthy obsession towards him which would suggest that his hype is powerful. The worst case could be made with around Beckman level but then again, I can see Oden closer to Shanks.