Future Events The Great Debate - Will Zoro kill Kaido this arc?

After reading 1002 chapters, what you think zoro will do against kaido?

• Total voters
J

Jo_Ndule

Yeah, of course. I agree with that point. It's just I think only one person will be landing the final blow on Kaido after everybody fights him.
The fact you believe soro will kill kaido or get bigger spotlight than luffy kidd and law lol

He's gonna fail to kill kaido
Yhis is the same thing u guys thought that retainers will succeed where Oden failed at vs kaido.

Zoro has no personal Link/conflict with kaido
Only SN trio have that, especially kidd and luffy.

Shit man, you're fucking right. I completely forgot. Zoro deadass the only character to defeat the main arc villain instead of Luffy.

All y'all just gotta do is look at it from the perspective of the author. Oda generally has been making Luffy go all "I'm gonna defeat xyz!!" but all of a sudden, come this arc, he's like "you know what? I'ma make ZORO say that shit too!" When the author deviates from the general formula like that, it means something.

Also, y'all remember that one SBS where Oda said he didn't know how Luffy was gonna defeat Kaido or something along those lines? I'm starting to think that what he meant all along was to have Zoro do it and not Luffy.
What Oda said is he doesn’t want Luffy to beat Kaido just by "punching him harder" or something like that. That’s why he introduced an advanced level of CoA that allows users to inflict internal injuries and made Luffy learn it.

Why would Luffy repeatedly expressing his desire to defeat Kaido would be less meaningful than Zoro doing it ? That’s just confirmation bias.

D

Dragomir

What Oda said is he doesn’t want Luffy to beat Kaido just by "punching him harder" or something like that. That’s why he introduced an advanced level of CoA that allows users to inflict internal injuries and made Luffy learn it.

Why would Luffy repeatedly expressing his desire to defeat Kaido would be less meaningful than Zoro doing it ? That’s just confirmation bias.
Because Luffy always says that shit in each arc we get. It's nun new. But now Zoro is doing it as well. This IS new. He's never said that about the main villain before. It's not really confirmation bias mate. This is legitimately something to consider.

J

Jo_Ndule

Because Luffy always says that shit in each arc we get. It's nun new. But now Zoro is doing it as well. This IS new. He's never said that about the main villain before. It's not really confirmation bias mate. This is legitimately something to consider.
Imagine believing Zoro will do something that wil outshine SN trio feats

Killing kaido means the world will remember zoro more than sn trio after wano which is dumb

Zoro saved citizens by cutting pica but luffy beating doffy outshone that..even ussop got bigger spotlight than zoro
Sanji was gonna ko bm but he only made her enter trance for a brief
he baked a cake but oda had luffy beating kata as superior feat even tho sanji saved the bmp, citizens and alliance

Same thing here, Zoro will cut and hinder kaido but the glory goes to SN trio for beating kaido.
Zoro isn't killing Kaido. Thats like believing Sanji will ko bm coz he said so

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Killing kaido means the world will remember zoro more than sn trio after wano which is dumb

Zoro saved citizens by cutting pica but luffy beating doffy outshone that..even ussop got bigger spotlight than zoro
he baked a cake but oda had luffy beating kata as superior feat even tho sanji saved the bmp, citizens and alliance

Same thing here, Zoro will cut and hinder kaido but the glory goes to SN trio for beating kaido.
Correct me if im wrong but sanji did ko big mom with the cake ?
@RayanOO @Chrono @Jackteo

C

critical mindset

Correct me if im wrong but sanji did ko big mom with the cake ?
@RayanOO @Chrono @Jackteo
He said he would fight Katakuri, but then Oda had Sanji lift that massive cake, walrus, hundreds of people and cart across the bay propelling himself with it on one leg, and that alone puts his strength level massively above Katakuri, so Sanji defeated Katakuri in that respect.

HA001

He said he would fight Katakuri, but then Oda had Sanji lift that massive cake, walrus, hundreds of people and cart across the bay propelling himself with it on one leg, and that alone puts his strength level massively above Katakuri, so Sanji defeated Katakuri in that respect.
Thats literally not or has anything to do with what i asked but ok.

HA001

Well he did say he'd fight Katakuri, but as Katakuri will never again be relevant as he is in WCI and will probably be washed by BB pirates, so I mean to make closure, the cake was the closure :stealthblack::ace:
Where are you taking this ?

Kind of. He made Big Mom faint but not for a long time and with no effect on her body.
Zoro and Yamato might reopen Kaido's scar a little with Enma and Ame no Habakiri just to upset him and give Luffy enough time to recover :goyea:
That only works if luffy then fought big mom after what sanji did but he didnt. Not to mention yamato aint a swordsman and will have to baby sit momo all arc.
Back to topic yeah sanji said hed make a cake that makes her faint and he did, regardless of how short a time period.

D

Dragomir

The fact that Usopp got more spotlight than Zoro in DR actually hurts your argument here. It shows you that Oda isn't afraid to deviate from the general formula that he does in his arcs by having Usopp getting more shine than the deuteragonist with both being in the same arc. What's stopping Oda from going off the formula again in this arc? He's already doing it by having Zoro develop a hatred against Kaido and making declarations.

Furthermore, Luffy already got his worldwide recognition in WCI by becoming the "Fifth Emperor." He doesn't need any more recognition from this arc to establish himself as a dominant pirate in the New World. If anything, it is Zoro's turn to get that recognition. For someone whose goal is to defeat Mihawk, an established legend in the manga, you'd think that he should be getting more and more recognition as the series goes on. Also, no, it isn't dumb for Zoro to be remembered more than Kid and Law. Zoro is a main character, the deuteragonist of this series. Kid and Law are not more relevant than Zoro. If anything, it's dumb for them to be more well-known than Zoro is because they're not as important as Zoro is and that's a fact.

C

critical mindset

The fact that Usopp got more spotlight than Zoro in DR actually hurts your argument here. It shows you that Oda isn't afraid to deviate from the general formula that he does in his arcs by having Usopp getting more shine than the deuteragonist with both being in the same arc. What's stopping Oda from going off the formula again in this arc? He's already doing it by having Zoro develop a hatred against Kaido and making declarations.

Furthermore, Luffy already got his worldwide recognition in WCI by becoming the "Fifth Emperor." He doesn't need any more recognition from this arc to establish himself as a dominant pirate in the New World. If anything, it is Zoro's turn to get that recognition. For someone who's goal is to defeat Mihawk, an established legend in the manga, you'd think that he should be getting more and more recognition as the series goes on. Also, no, it isn't dumb for Zoro to be remembered more than Kid and Law. Zoro is a main character, the deuteragonist of this series. Kid and Law are not more relevant than Zoro. If anything, it's dumb for them to be more well-known than Zoro is because they're not as important as Zoro is and that's a fact.
Fuck I never knew there was such a handy word as deuteragonist. Would've made my life a lot easier