Character Discussion Mihawk is criminally underrated

Is Mihawk a Top Tier?

• Total voters
i've only been in Worstgen for like 3 weeks and surprisingly, some or even many people here seems to underrate Mihawk to some extent. So i want to do some justice for him lol and i'll be talking why Mihawk deserves more respect

First things first, i'll include databooks as my arguments, so before you jump on me saying "bUt DaTabOoKs ArE NoT CanOn" or such, then i suggest you to restrain yourself because i'll take that lightly, in all honesty, this should be obvious that Databooks >>>>>> headcanons since Oda pretty much confirmed that we should seek for the databooks if we want to gain more informations

So let's get into the main topic

1. Sword > Fist
So this is the first argument and is a basic common sense to those who have brain, with the same amount of strength, sword is way more lethal than a fist, and don't say like "But, this is anime, Real Science is not applicable" because saying Sword > Fist is as basic as saying Fire is Hot. This means, Swordsmans are one of the deadliest fighters and can't be taken lightly. With Mihawk having the title of the world strongest of one of the deadliest fighters should logically put him amongst the strongest current characters in the series

2. The relevancy of title in OP really speaks a lot, Oda had only made 3 relevant titles in the series which are "World Strongest Swordsman", "World Strongest Man", and "World Strongest Creature". There's no "World Strongest Fishman", there's no "World Strongest Sniper", and so on. You know why? Because they're all not as relevant as those said titles! Imagine there are pretty damn strong fishmen like Jinbe and Jack who both are High Tiers/YC level and imagine there are pretty damn strong sniper like Yasopp and Beckman (possibly) who both are High Tiers/YC level as well and Oda never gave them any relevancies higher than the WSS, WSM, and WSC. Meaning, WSS/WSC/WSM >>> any fighting group, which also means Mihawk >>>>> Jack/Jinbe/Yasopp/Beckman. Finally, this could support the argument of Mihawk being one of the Top Tiers!

3. Oda has always portrayed swordsman to be one of the strongest fighting group in the series! Just look at Ryuma and Oden. Ryuma was known as the Swords God and was known for his great achievement of protecting Wano for years! Imagine getting constantly swarmed by Powerful New World armies and managed to beat all of them! Ryuma is no doubt one of the strongest character ever. Same goes with Oden, he was capable of permanently injuring Kaido. And following the trend that has been portrayed by Oda, New Era/Current Era (luffy,zoro, others) will no doubt be the GREATEST era. Just look how the story narrates that the New Gen will pull off the biggest history in One Piece World! Meaning, the New Gen will have to be equally as strong as the previous Gen at the very least to do such task! So, Mihawk ≈ Oden ≈ Ryuma

4. According to Mihawk's databook, Mihawk sits at the top of the strongest swordsman, which proves Mihawk > Fujitora/Shanks. We all knew how monstrous Admirals are, even in Marineford War NOT a single admirals received any noticeable injuries!

5. According to the same databook, Mihawk's waiting someone that is stronger than Shanks. We all know this is shonen, and the final fight will be no less than an extreme diff! Meaning Mihawk will have to fight that someone in an extreme diff fight which proves that someone ≈ Mihawk ≈ Shanks ≈ Top Tier

Conclusion : Mihawk is a Top Tier

What do you guys think? if you have any supports or refutations feel free to comment! any feedback is appreciated

He’s a top tier, not that underrated imo. he’s consistently placed in the top five. despite no real portrayal suggesting such a thing.

He’s a hard character to scale mainly because he’s done nothing of real note. But expected to be crazy EoS, so there a lot of gap for people to form there opinions.

Last edited:
:suresure:
According to same Databook Vista => Mihawk.

Only Zoro fanboys like you want to wank Mihawk because when Zoro beats him you can wank Zoro more.
And you have no refutation in regards to my first 3 points lol?
Post automatically merged:

:suresure:
According to same Databook Vista => Mihawk.

Only Zoro fanboys like you want to wank Mihawk because when Zoro beats him you can wank Zoro more.
Not only does the databooks say Mihawk is The strongest swordsman, the manga itself also suggests so, or were you reading sanji piece the whole time?
:beckmoji:

Also there is a power level discussion section, you can wank him in there all you want.

Shanks > Mihawk based on Shanks being greatest 4 pirates who fought WB and Kaido, while pirate Mihawk apologized Shanks, got owned by Vista and Crocodile.
Shanks is a fking swordsman, r u smokin lol, and put aside Shanks, there's still Fuji left who is an Admiral. We've seen Fuji always draw his swords in every battle and the way he clothes he really looks like a swordsman, So Mihawk >= Fuji (Admiral) lol

Hes YC2 lvl with the potrayal he has shown.

- Believing theres an immense gap between himself and Old Beard
- Enjoying chasing and fighting fodder (Don Kreig, Marine Fodder, East Blue Zoro and Pre Timeskip Luffy)
- Running away from Competent fighters ( Croc, Vista, Shanks)

Only thing he lives off is the WSS propaganda formed so people can fear him since he has no Pirate Crew. And also him being equals with Pre Yonko Shanks.

Either way hes hot trash.

:whitepress:Mihawk underrated here?
i say "some" is
Post automatically merged:

Also there is a power level discussion section, you can wank him in there all you want.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/forums/one-piece-power-level-discussions.17/

Shanks > Mihawk based on Shanks being greatest 4 pirates who fought WB and Kaido, while pirate Mihawk apologized Shanks, got owned by Vista and Crocodile.
I dont know if there's Power level discussion section, so should i close this thread and open a new one there?

Mental gymnastics :suresure: when you try to be Oda and make Shanks a swordsman and nothing more, when Oda himself says in SBS he doesn't know how Shanks fights yet. Zoro fans act like they know Shanks better than Oda because they can't wank Mihawk otherwise if Shanks is more than just a swordsman.

These people seriously believe Oda will make Shanks another boring swordsman and he won't show us different abilities from Shanks (advance CoC?), they never learn how Oda writes his manga.