Worstgen

D
Da evil Who
Hunter x Hunter & Berserk.

I used to read a lot of mangas in the past, with One Piece being one of my favs, but I've slowly come to realize that the vast majority of them are just releasing chapter for the sake of it.

The two mangas above made me realize that I'm someone who needs to understand every detail about the story I'm reading and whether the author themselves respect their own story/world.
Abysswalker
Abysswalker
HxH and Berserk are two GOATS.

Yeah, Post Time Skip OP feels like it's being milked.

I understand the feeling of wanting to understand everything about a story.
D
Da evil Who
Like, is the author actually doing a plot twist and intentionally misleading his readers with tidbits of info? Is this particular thing I don't understand a plot hole/retcon or am I just failling to see the hints planted?
Berserk and HxH are shows where it doesn't make it easy for you to understand all of it, and you need to pay full attention because the authors have carefully went through all those details.
Abysswalker
Abysswalker
I love when authors try to trick their readers or challenge their expectations. For example, I did not expect Meruem to die playing a board game with a blind girl when he was first introduced lol.

I also like going back to look for hints about major story revelations
D
Da evil Who
Sadly Berserk is coming to an end. But it's so well written that it's still satisfying despite the abruptness, because the world seems so alive, it just feels like the character's stories is still being continued in private

Not much is known about Togashi's health, but I believe he's just waiting for the Covid-19/Delta variant situation to improve before returning. reducing the risk to him & his family.
Abysswalker
Abysswalker
Honestly... i'm just happy that we got 364 chapters of Berserk.

I think we might get a new Hunter x Hunter chapter soon too. I'm confident we'll finish the Boat Arc.

Have you read Vagabond btw?
D
Da evil Who
Another amazing manga. The last chapter I read was around 2015 I think when it went into hiatus? With the main character being in jail and the appearance of the blind or deaf son who was a prodigy.

Is the author back now?