Distance: 25 m
Mindset: Intent to Kill
Knowledge: None

Charlotte Katakuri's OBD Profile
Katakuri's OBD Profile said:

Charlotte Charles Barkley Katakuri taking you to the slam jam

Name: Charlotte Katakuri, Katakuri, epithet ''Dogtooth''
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Member of the Big Mom Pirates, Minister of Flour, One of the Three Sweet Commanders, Paramecia Devil Fruit User
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, agility, endurance, skilled hand-to-hand fighter, skilled with the trident, expert Haki user (Busoshoku, Haoshoku and Kenbunshoku), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects, such as his trident with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, can dominate the will of others (Haoshoku Haki allows him to knock those with inadequate wills unconscious), ate the Mochi Mochi no Mi, a special paramecia Devil Fruit that allows the user to create, control and transform into mochi, can stretch and enlarge his mochi to make large fists similar to Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi abilities, can shoot off and ignite mochi at rapid speeds that create explosions, can turn inorganic objects into mochi, regeneration (low-mid)
Weaknesses: Cannot swim and becomes immobilized if more than half of his body is covered in water, his mochi while supernatural in nature is still mochi and can be eaten
Destructive Capacity: Island level+ (is Big Mom's strongest pirate, he was capable of hitting Luffy well beyond his durability limits including G4 Luffy), likely far higher (should be in the same league as other top-level Yonkou commanders like Marco and Jozu)
Range: Extended melee range with his trident, at least a dozen meters with jelly beans, several hundred meters with the Mochi Mochi no Mi
Speed: Massively hypersonic+ (comparable to Luffy and much faster than Law), pre-cog further supplements his reactions
Durability: Island level+ (took numerous and many more attacks from Luffy in all of his forms), likely far higher, regeneration and the ability to change his body to mochi makes him hard to permanently damage/kill
Lifting Strength: At least Class G+, likely Class T
Striking Strength: Class EJ+ (a physical match for Luffy in all of his forms)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (fought Luffy to near death and even severely injured himself to be at an even level with him)
Standard Equipment: His trident named Mogura, jelly beans
Intelligence: Very skilled fighter (is Big Mom's best fighter), fairly observant (quick to analyze a dangerous situation and his Kenbunshoku Haki further adds to his already excellent foresight)
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is, however, a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Katakuri is one of these people.

• Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): The ability to knock out someone else or a large group. While inexperienced users are restricted to intimidating one being or blindly knocking out any with weak wills around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group to knock out.

• Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
    • Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Katakuri uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically fists and mochi related abilities, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness.
  • Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.

- Mochi-Mochi no Mi (Sticky Sticky no Mi): The user is given the ability to control large amounts of mochi; the mochi is thick enough to be used as a large blunt weapon, and is capable of trapping people, even extremely strong ones, due to its stickiness, especially if empowered by Busoshoku Haki. Its thickness and viscosity are such that large-caliber gunfire is completely unable to pierce through it. Due to its malleability, the user is capable of shaping the mochi into a massive variety of shapes, such as fists, tendrils, and even spiked clubs. As a "special" Paramecia, the user can actually change their body into mochi, akin to a Logia. When combined with mastery over Kenbunshoku Haki, the user can predict the future and manipulate the shape of their bodies accordingly to avoid being hit by attacks, unless the user loses their calm, which nullifies their ability to predict. As with all Devil Fruits, this one has the potential to be "awakened", which allows the user to turn inorganic material around them into mochi. However, the mochi loses much of its stickiness if a sufficient amount of liquid is applied to it, allowing a trapped opponent to free themselves from it; this was first seen when Jinbe used Fishman Karate to douse Katakuri's leg with black tea, freeing the trapped Luffy. The mochi is edible, especially if the user is not actively controlling it. Otherwise, the user is affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.

• Yanagi Mochi (Willow Mochi): Katakuri sprouts multiple long tendrils of mochi mimicking his leg and uses them to stomp down on his opponent.

• Mochi Tsuki (Mochi Thrust): Katakuri, while holding his spear Mogura, tightly twists his mochi arm and then untwists it while thrusting the spear forward, creating a powerful drilling stab that can easily pierce through and destroy buildings and structures.

• Kaku Mochi (Square Mochi): Katakuri turns his arms and hands into mochi and then compresses them until they acquire a square-like shape. He then hardens them with Busoshoku Haki and punches his opponent. The compact, tight square-shape of the fists results in attacks that are a lot stronger than a regular Haki-enhanced punch.

• Yaki Mochi (Grilled Mochi): Katakuri inflates his mochi forearm until the pressure causes it to explode, propelling his Haki-embedded fist at his target from a distance. The speed of the fist is so high that it catches on fire due to friction.

• Zan Giri Mochi (Sliced Mochi): Katakuri turns his entire body into mochi and rapidly spins towards his opponent in a donut-like shape. When he reaches his opponent he returns to normal shape and, using the momentum from the spinning, slams his enlarged mochi forearm, covered in spikes and hardened with Busoshoku Haki, into his opponent with tremendous force. Aside from the damage caused by the powerful impact, his opponent will also be stuck to his forearm due to the stickiness of the mochi, which Katakuri then uses to swing his arm through the air before smashing it down into the ground, crushing his opponent under its weight with enough force to create a large crater.

• Nagare Mochi (Flowing Mochi): Using his awakened powers, Katakuri transforms the ground around him into mochi and uses it to capture his opponent from a far-away distance.

• Kagami Mochi (Concentrated Mochi): Using his awakened powers, Katakuri transforms nearby walls and ceilings into mochi, and then causes them to collapse on his opponent, burying them under a large pile of mochi and causing them to suffocate.

• Amadare Mochi (Raindrop Mochi): Using his awakened powers, Katakuri transforms nearby surfaces into multiple blunt-ended mochi tendrils. He then has them converge on his opponent with great force, attempting to crush them.

• Muso Donuts (Peerless Donuts): Using his awakened powers, Katakuri summons tendrils of mochi from the ground and loops them into the shape of donuts.
    • Chikara Mochi (Power Mochi): Katakuri shapes the donut-shaped pieces of mochi into giant arms, which are square-shaped similar to his Kaku Mochi technique, and hardens them with Busoshoku Haki. With a layer of mochi over his hands, he then manipulates the mochi arms to punch his opponent with extreme force, enough to harm and send Luffy flying while he was in his highly resilient Gear Fourth mode.
      • Mochi Ginchaku (Mochi Singing Result): A more powerful version of Chikara Mochi, Katakuri summons multiple mochi donuts around his opponent, shapes them into Busoshoku Haki-enhanced arms, and then has them pummel his opponent into the ground repeatedly.
Katakuri's Vs Battles Profile

Meruem's OBD Profile
Meruem's OBD profile said:

Meruem the King

Name: Meruem, sometimes translated as Meryem, also known as ''King'' (king of ants)
Origin: Hunter X Hunter
Classification: Chimera Ant, King of Ants, Nen User
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, stamina, dexterity, can the of others and gain their abilities by devouring them, expert hand to hand combatant, can multiply his body parts (like his hands or his tail), the ability to use Nen, can use his Nen for various other offensive and defensive purposes (see Notable Attacks/Techniques for more information) | Can fly (via growing himself wings with shapeshifting), can use "Rage" to fire energy blasts, with his En activated he can read the emotions of people either by touching them or by looking into their eyes
Weaknesses: Is torn apart between his "ant" and "human" side as a result of his relationship towards Komugi, although this no longer seems to be the case
Destructive Capacity: Small city level+ (could tear his own arm off) | City level (vaporized a hill with a Rage Blast, upon sensing his aura, Knuckle stated that an entire nation's army would be needed in order to take him down, The Rose is a hilariously common piece of military technology)
Range: Average human melee range, several hundred meters with projectiles
Speed: Massively hypersonic (could perceive, albeit barely, Netero's attacks) | At least massively hypersonic (became much faster after absorbing his Royal Guards) possibly light-speed (he may or may not be as fast as his En) light-speed with his En (is composed of photons)
Durability: Small city level+ (survived Netero's rose bomb) | City level (after absorbing the power of his Royal Guards, his overall power was significantly boosted)
Lifting Strength: Class 50+ | At least Class 50+
Striking Strength: Class PJ | Class PJ+
Stamina: Extremely large, Meruem can fight for a long time without showing signs of exhaustion
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Intelligence: Highly skilled fighter, genius - he was able to beat several champions from a certain game type shortly after learning about the game itself from books
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

- Nen: The ability to use and manipulate the vital energy (Aura) present in the body of the user. Aura is an energy produced by all living bodies vital for survival. The loss of one's aura is losing the energy keeping the body alive, resulting in death. Although the production of aura is unconscious and constant by all living beings, it is more than just 'leaky energy'. Aura carries with it the desires and emotions of the one who deploys it, which is what allows for Nen to have incredible versatility to those who develop their skill at using it. Nen is also heavily influenced by mental condition and state. There are six types of aura, and every individual is born with a natural affinity for one of these six different aura types.
  • Aura Synthesis: Meruem's original ability gives him strength through consumption. Meruem's aura grows every time he devours a Nen-user, with their aura synthesizing to his own.
  • Shapeshifting: After absorbing large parts of, he was able to use Yupi's ability to transform. Through this, he can give himself wings, extra eyes, and limbs, and even recompose his entire body structure.
  • Rage Blast: After absorbing large parts of Yupi, he gained Yupi's ability to use "Rage" in a concentrated blast of aura.
  • Spiritual Message: An ability which Mereum gained after absorbing large parts of him, It allows him to transmute his aura into photons. Each photon maintains his aura, allowing Meruem to measure the shape, quality, emotion, and other informational content about the things the photons interact with, and as stated by Welfin and Pouf, he can know everything, even lies. The precision of the information he can gather depends on the number of photons directed at the object of interest.
Meruem's Vs Battles Profile

My Thoughts
Meruem has casual (the blasts grow stronger with anger, and he could pull them off while completely calm) hill busting energy blasts:

His En is lightspeed (it has been stated to move at "the speed of a flash of light"):

It is composed of photons, so there's no real reason to doubt it being light speed:

His En gives him extreme powers of perception:

I'm not sure whether Meruem's En scales to his combat speed (consider the below scans):

Katakuri should need no introduction for anyone on this forum.

I think Meruem's rage blasts give him the AOE to bypass Katakuri's Future Sight, with his lightspeed En (and otherwise MHS speed he should definitely be able to tag Katakuri. Katakuri got hurt by a hardened kick from base Luffy, and although his endurance is monstrous, I expect Meruem's full power rage blasts to be capable of significantly damaging him. All in all, I think this is not a stomp in Kata's favour, so I made the thread. I am far from very conversant with Hunter x Hunter, so I'll be leaving @Chrono to make the case for Meruem as he can probably make it much better than me.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
:goatasure:

Post rose Mereum murders Katakuri to the point where he changes One Piece from Shonen to Seinen.

Katakuri has no chance against PR Mereum.

Post Rose Mereum eats and shits on Snakeman/Katakuri speed. Mereum basically teleports himself he is this fast.

He blasts Katakuri out of existence.

People keep calling me HxH wanker but please guys if you are doing match ups like this put at least f'ing Admiral or Yonko because it's not even funny.

But no HxH verse < One Piece :goatasure:

Fully pissed Mereum solos the OP verse. Maybe Yonko can fight for some time but that's it. Mereum is not brainless ant. He will adapt to every fight and his Nen is equivalent to Haki level above every living thing in One Piece ffs.

Come at me.

I can't wait for OPM fans trying to prove me wrong:goatasure:

I'm linking OBD instead of Vs Battles, because I think Vs Battles overwanks One Piece, and OBD is generally more conservative in their ratings.
Its the exact opposite

I know it because i know how the OBD works.OP gets always the doublestandart.

Example: For a OP calc a unknown size gets accepted,while for other Shows unknown sized dont get accepted.The OBD is well known for being bias towards several shows

The Kataprofile is the perfect example

Islandlevel+(80 GT´s) come from Chinjao´s ice split feat BUT,the OBD used the size of fucking alabasta,a island which is literally tens of thousands of times bigger than any other island we have seen in the series.That alone is enough for debunking the calc.And the thing got kicked into trash in the UBD.

Best calc for Chinjao you can get is here
http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?74539-Chinjao-splits-the-ice-continent-revision

6 GT´s aka Small Islandlevel

OT: Kata mops the floor

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Its the exact opposite

Example: For a OP calc a unknown size gets accepted,while for other Shows unknown sized dont get accepted.The OBD is well known for being bias towards several shows

Islandlevel+(80 GT´s) come from Chinjao´s ice split feat BUT,the OBD used the size of fucking alabasta,a island which is literally tens of thousands of times bigger than any other island we have seen in the series.That alone is enough for debunking the calc.And the thing got kicked into trash in the UBD.

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?74539-Chinjao-splits-the-ice-continent-revision

Well Vs Battles has Kata at small country level, so they're much worse.
:catsweat:

Actually, they have him at Mountain level+ now, and that makes much more sense to me. I guess I might edit the OP with the Vs Battles stats later on.

They also gave him relativistic speeds (though scaling from Marco, this makes sense).

The island level+ durability and destructive capacity stats do feel off to me.

Last edited:
Distance: 25 m
Mindset: Intent to Kill
Knowledge: None

Charlotte Katakuri's OBD Profile

Meruem's OBD Profile

I'm linking OBD instead of Vs Battles, because I think Vs Battles overwanks One Piece, and OBD is generally more conservative in their ratings.

Meruem has casual (the blasts grow stronger with anger, and he could pull them off while completely calm) hill busting energy blasts:

His En is lightspeed (it has been stated to move at "the speed of a flash of light"):

It is composed of photons, so there's no real reason to doubt it being light speed:

His En gives him extreme powers of perception:

I'm not sure whether Meruem's En scales to his combat speed (consider the below scans):

Katakuri should need no introduction for anyone on this forum.

I think Meruem's rage blasts give him the AOE to bypass Katakuri's Future Sight, with his lightspeed En (and otherwise MHS speed he should definitely be able to tag Katakuri. Katakuri got hurt by a hardened kick from base Luffy, and although his endurance is monstrous, I expect Meruem's full power rage blasts to be capable of significantly damaging him. All in all, I think this is not a stomp in Kata's favour, so I made the thread. I am far from very conversant with Hunter x Hunter, so I'll be leaving @Chrono to make the case for Meruem as he can probably make it much better than me.

are you kidding me?

in one Vs one ... Skill >>>>>> Power

no on in one piece verse have 1/10 of Meruem skill as a fighter

his speed , mind , durability , endurance , raw power is off chart as well

and he can see through all the attacks he might get

post rose Meruem can kill Prime Beard let alone Katakuri ...
Post automatically merged:

Post rose Mereum murders Katakuri to the point where he changes One Piece from Shonen to Seinen.

Post Rose Mereum eats and shits on Snakeman/Katakuri speed. Mereum basically teleports himself he is this fast.

People keep calling me HxH wanker but please guys if you are doing match ups like this put at least f'ing Admiral or Yonko because it's not even funny.

Fully pissed Mereum solos the OP verse. Maybe Yonko can fight for some time but that's it. Mereum is not brainless ant. He will adapt to every fight and his Nen is equivalent to Haki level above every living thing in One Piece ffs.

Come at me.

OP don't even have a real fighter compare to HxH

just some people with titianic amount of power

but their skill is nothing compare to Mereum even if they be far stronger they still lose

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
are you kidding me?

in one Vs one ... Skill >>>>>> Power

no on in one piece verse have 1/10 of Meruem skill as a fighter

his speed , mind , durability , endurance , raw power is off chart as well

and he can see through all the attacks he might get

post rose Meruem can kill Prime Beard let alone Katakuri ...

OP don't even have a real fighter compare to HxH

just some people with titianic amount of power

but their skill is nothing compare to Mereum even if they be far stronger they still lose
Exactly but you will find few people who this Snakeman with FS can oppose Mereum:gokulaugh:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Even if Meruem can win this is not a stomp at all. Kata has insane reaction speed, can tank some G4 attacks which are extremely strong, has FS, can shapeshift etc. G4 can likely destroy that hill too.

Meruem advantages : his brain. Youpi powers : he can blast any part of his body so the mochi cannot trap him he will detonate himself. He also has En which can work like COO.

But in sheer CQC Meruem won't be miles ahead of Kata. With FS and sheer stats Kata can react to and attack Meruem.

But Meruem can blast, can shapeshift, divide himself in numerous part, and he can adapt like no one.

But I think Kata will beat Pre Rose Meruem.

I can see Meruem winning because he is smarter and will adapt. Meruem high diff in a diffucult battle. But this won't be a low diff at all.

Meruem against Primebeard : I bet on Primebeard. Gura awakening with monstrous strength and monstrous haki.

Last edited:

Come at me.

But he still would get neg-diffed by Saitama

S

Shuyaku

Katakuri low diff? and you say me thinking Mereum = Boros is sad?

Oh boy.
My guy, your arguments default to « Meruem is strong and he is very fast and strong and his haki equivalent is very strong so he must be stronger than these guys ! » you’re not even listing a single one of his feats and comparing it to Kuri’s.

Claiming Meruem is on par with a multi continental character is as sad as it gets. Katakuri is one thing, Boros is another lmfao. I’m sure you’re a cool person, but that’s one of the dumbest takes i’ve ever seen on this place.

Saitama neg diffs entire manga industry.
:laughmoji:

What are Katakuri's feats? :choppawhat:
Its the exact opposite

^This.

Pretty much of a mismatch. In scales of Power and Hax a Katakuri always beat a Meruem. Future Sight is even for a Meruem to much to handle.

Okay, if Meruem is LS then NnT characters are faster than light
:sanmoji:
You think so? My image of VS Battle is a complete opposite of what you claim to be. But just my 2 cents.:feelsokeman:

S

Shuyaku

Pretty much of a mismatch. In scales of Power and Hax a Katakuri always beat a Meruem. Future Sight is even for a Meruem to much to handle.

Okay, if Meruem is LS then NnT characters are faster than light
:sanmoji:

You think so? My image of VS Battle is a complete opposite of what you claim to be. But just my 2 cents.:feelsokeman:
Problem is vsb tends to be inconsistent. They change their scaling too often, i once saw Katakuri and Doflamingo being listed at country level as @Cinera claimed which is ridiculous, and some of the characters were even FTL at some point. Now they're massively downgraded, and they'll probably keep flip flopping.