Powers & Abilities 1044 confirms Kaido's been using awakening this whole time

Nah I don't think so.
My guess on what might happen is that the fight will wrap up within the next 2 chapters, Luffy will be declared winner, then the final few panels before break week is when Kaido's flashback starts. The possible drawback of this crazy powerup Luffy has could kick in then after Kaido's flashback is when he awakens. Luffy has gotten up several times it wouldn't be crazy for Kaido to get back even once after being defeated. Kaido would not be lifting the island anymore as Momo would fully take over, then we could get a proper awakening vs awakening or another scenario that shall not be spoken of:feelsokeman:.
I don't expect Kaido to be able to deal with G5 in his current state and it would be horrible for him to go out by being dog walked:pepebusi:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Nah I don't think so.
My guess on what might happen is that the fight will wrap up within the next 2 chapters, Luffy will be declared winner, then the final few panels before break week is when Kaido's flashback starts. The possible drawback of this crazy powerup Luffy has could kick in then after Kaido's flashback is when he awakens. Luffy has gotten up several times it wouldn't be crazy for Kaido to get back even once after being defeated. Kaido would not be lifting the island anymore as Momo would fully take over, then we could get a proper awakening vs awakening or another scenario that shall not be spoken of:feelsokeman:.
I don't expect Kaido to be able to deal with G5 in his current state and it would be horrible for him to go out by being dog walked:pepebusi:
Nice fanfic

Rej

Year of the black beard!
It is debateable whether Kaido is awakened or not and you are wrong with your assumption.

First: It was stated that the Guardians in Impel Down lost their mind and we can assume it is related to them being awakened. Ergo the soul in the devil-fruit completely takes over and supresses the users old soul. That is why the guardians are permanently altered or capable of staying permanently in their awakened form.

Second: We now see how Nika/Joyboy in the awakened state is "taking over Luffy" or "altering" his soul. His soul is altered now, but Luffy will be capable enough to revert this alteration.

The only true aspect is that in case of Mythical Zoan their usual "mythical magic" aspect of the fruit will be enhanced. That is all. People still haven't grasped fully what awakening is...

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Has any of your theories ever come true? Not hating. I just think it's time to stop. If Oda decides Kaido will never be revealed to have awakened or use it in the next few chapters to counter Luffy's.

I agree if Kaido has awakening he has already used. It's obvious that Kaido was fighting very seriously on the rooftoop and that this fight is already in the final stage. The 1045 or 1046 will likely be the "Luffy vs Kaido" chapter and end the fight being the last chapter of volume 103.

Last edited: