Powers & Abilities 1044 confirms Kaido's been using awakening this whole time

There has never been an instance where awakening has gone unmentioned:

So why would Kaido be the only exception in the series when it comes to this? BM clearly didn't use hers (it's possible she can't and it ties into her potential future story at Elbaf), but Kaido literally has not uttered the idea of awakening yet and we can't be certain until the fight either shows it or it ends without it being seen.
Post automatically merged:

The fight was supposed to end 2 chapters ago... This is just redoing the end. Even Luffy said he can fight "for a bit more".
Was "supposed" to end:kobeha:

With what, your KKG headcanon?

There has never been an instance where awakening has gone unmentioned:

So why would Kaido be the only exception in the series when it comes to this? BM clearly didn't use hers (it's possible she can't and it ties into her potential future story at Elbaf), but Kaido literally has not uttered the idea of awakening yet and we can't be certain until the fight either shows it or it ends without it being seen.

Was "supposed" to end:kobeha:

With what, your KKG headcanon?
One easy argument is Kaido’s awakening is supposed to explain Luffy’s so Oda is going to leave the explanation after the reveal

One easy argument is Kaido’s awakening is supposed to explain Luffy’s so Oda is going to leave the explanation after the reveal
I mean, Zoan awakenings were mentioned over 500 chapters ago and Luffy's being a zoan anyway was a plot twist, so I'm not sure how that makes sense.

On top of that, its clear now that zoan awakening take the influence of the animal they are related to. This is why the Jailers at ID were stupid/simple minded, because the animals they represented are simple minded.

Nika changes Luffy's personality.

There has been zero personality change to Kaido outside of his drunk forms, which have to do with being drunk.

I mean, Zoan awakenings were mentioned over 500 chapters ago and Luffy's being a zoan anyway was a plot twist, so I'm not sure how that makes sense.

On top of that, its clear now that zoan awakening take the influence of the animal they are related to. This is why the Jailers at ID were stupid/simple minded, because the animals they represented are simple minded.

Nika changes Luffy's personality.

There has been zero personality change to Kaido outside of his drunk forms, which have to do with being drunk.
Mythical Zoans are an exception

Gear 5th putting down Kaido in One Chapter is a bit too much innit.He doesn't even look that close to going down.
Yes he doesn't "look" like that but for all we know he could just be hiding and enduring it. But let me give you a fair warning that next chapter could be the finale, don't expect a 5 chapter fight now especially since all the other plot points have been resolved

Kaido awakening is coming next chapter so just set tight and wit for oda greatness
Then wait in that seat for all eternity

Well, Dragon's are intelligent and wise creatures, which explains why Kaido, who actually is an Oni, is quite intelligent and wise, knowing even information about Joyboy and how the Gomu Gomu no is related to it and being able to get the bigger picture, rather than being a mindless goon (hence mocking Luffy and saying that he couldn't become Joyboy either, despite of his Gomu Gomu no).

:goyea:

Last edited:
J

Joy D. MADS

Since Luffy is a mythical zoan and we've finally seen what mythical zoan awakening looks like, I think we can say with confidence that Kaido has been using it this whole time.

Mythical zoans are zoans that have magical paramecia like powers. As a result, Luffy's awakening has a paramecia and a zoan aspect to it.
Zoan aspect
  • enhanced stamina
  • buff form
paramecia aspect
  • can spread his powers to his surroundings, turning them to rubber and toonifying kaido
Kaido has done this exact same thing.

This is kaido's buff form. I believe shuron hakke is more than just kaido getting drunk. I think he is using awakening as well, that's why there's such a rapid difference in strength between normal kaido and shuron hakke kaido.

Furthermore, I believe that kaido used awakening when he lifted onigashima. Here, he spread his power, the flame clouds, from himself to the island. Just as Luffy spread his rubber from himself to the ground. Momonosuke wasn't able to make as many flame clouds as kaido, which heavily hints that this is an awakened technique.

Anyways this isn't to say kaido has nothing left, he'll definitely give Luffy a good fight before he falls. My point is just that whatever he shows in 1045 won't be anything far greater than what he's shown before. I think in 1045 he will show new ultimate techniques that involve him using his flame clouds. Like I could see him pinning down Luffy with flame clouds and then hitting him with an ACoC infused attack while in full dragon form. Or infusing the club with flame clouds to hit harder.
NO.

Isn't Kaido being able to control clouds his default mythical powers like Marco's regeneration flames?.. Luffy just doesn't really have a transformation and thus his rubber body is his deafault powers.. In gear 4 he started to have a small transformation with that cloudy type scarf hanging around his neck..