General & Others 40 Years ago, were Xebec and Roger the Only Top Pirates?

Were these 2 the only Top Pirates back then?

Roger was a pirate more than 53 years ago. I assume Xebec was also a pirate back then.

If not for Xebec and Roger, who were the Top Pirates back then?

38 years ago, Roger, Garp and Xebec were close to or at their Prime.

Oda put prerty much every big old pirate name in Xebec crew lol. WB, Kaido, BM, Shiki, captain John and this silver axe guy. If we exclude Roger then we have Rayleigh but he is the same as these ones but the opposite. Maybe one day Brook will talk about the past a bit more like when hevtold that at his time he remembered there was, maybe, a green horn known as Roger.

Other dudes could be ms. Bakkins, the giant pirates (the crew should have been really strong, at elast if Oda retcons Croco style the 2 giant captains and so their crews), maybe Zeff but very difficult (times don't coincide so much), Burundi (non canon), Z (same), Bullet (same as Rayleigh also non canon), Scopper and Crocus (see Rayleigh), Kong (for the marines), Shakki, old Kuja empress, maybe some of the impel down lvl 6 guys with BB if they are old enough (maybe at least Juan Wolf is like the giants so big mass and long life).

Were these 2 the only Top Pirates back then?

Roger was a pirate more than 53 years ago. I assume Xebec was also a pirate back then.

If not for Xebec and Roger, who were the Top Pirates back then?

38 years ago, Roger, Garp and Xebec were close to or at their Prime.
I suspect there will always be numerous godly powerful pirates no matter how long ago

I just dont think they've been named, may never be named either - it depends if they'll ever be relevant to the story

I

Inspector_Mu

Xebec was the strongest
He was upper mid-top tier
That's why Garp and Roger teamed and took him down and killed him

WB BM weren't really ... that's how they survived and escaped
Coz we know losing a war to navy means you get captured (shiki and many who lost got captured )

The only reason WB pirates came out was becauses of shanks intervention.
Post automatically merged:

I believe brook captain was YC1

It was Garp and Roger vs Whitbeard, Xebec, Big Mom and Kaido 2 v 4. There is a panel

This could only mean Garp and Roger were as strong or little bit weaket than Xebec.

I

Inspector_Mu

It's insane how BM is still considered in the top 5 ever by some fans, unless Oda joked around with her on purpose
Name a character nerfed as BM :
Amnesia
Skinny BM
Tantrum BM
Zeus stolen...

Even WB oNLY had sickeness
Kaido has drunkenness

There hasn't been a character who has been nerfed for plot as much as BM

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Name a character nerfed as BM :
Amnesia
Skinny BM
Tantrum BM
Zeus stolen...

Even WB oNLY had sickeness
Kaido has drunkenness

There hasn't been a character who has been nerfed for plot as much as BM
Yeah but they were sick. BM was just whack. Imagine Akainu replacing her. The SHs would have died in no time.

S

stealthblack

Scooper gaban and zeff were also up there with roger and rox. the Monster 4 of their generation.

I don'tknow if roger was a top dog back then when they asked brook if he knew him he said there was a rookie by that name.
40 years ago roger was still probably not as famous as he is now

I don'tknow if roger was a top dog back then when they asked brook if he knew him he said there was a rookie by that name.
40 years ago roger was still probably not as famous as he is now
Brook said Roger was a Rookie atleast 52 years ago. 38 years ago is when he fought Rocks.