General & Others A lot of Sanji fans aren't really Sanji fans they're Zoro fans.

Current Sanji vs Jinbe is debatable, but the gap is now closer. Jinbe still has the edge for all the feats and portrayal combined.
That includes the face both Kidd and Law made when they knew Jinbe appeared and chose to join Luffy's crew. Same Kidd and Law who will beat Big Mom in this arc.

Whole pre exo Sanji > Jinbe was a BIG joke though.
A guy broke his leg against Vergo and embarassed by Doffy is apparently stronger than a guy who ate Big Mom's namee attack with minimal injury.
A guy who can't break door, can't damage Doffy's coat, ran away from Page One is apparently stronger than a guy who stomped Whos Who.
Personally I disagree since now Sanji’s best feats are > Jinbei’s. Kidd and Law were shocked at jinbei joining the crew because of his former status as a warlord, one of the three great powers in the world. Kidd would probably have the same reaction if he learned that Law joined Luffy’s crew. Clearly jinbei wasn’t a scrub and they’re aware of how powerful he is but it wasn’t his strength alone that invoked that reaction.

I do agree that pre exo Sanji > Jinbei is not a good argument. At best RS Sanji = Jinbei
@Z-Saber I think the "argument" people keep using to push "current Sanji > Jinbe" agenda is Sanji defeated Queen while Jinbe defeated Whos Who.
Queen > Whos Who, so that makes it "Sanji > Jinbe!!!" 🤪🤪🤪

Yet people using that "argument" is just doing double standard.
Luffy defeated Doffy while Zoro defeated Pica, yet it is generally agreed DR Zoro > DR Luffy.
Luffy defeated Doffy while Sabo defeated only Burgess, yet it is generally agreed Sabo > DR Luffy.

But now, Sanji must be above Jinbe for whatever reasons.
That logic alone is pretty flawed I agree. The biggest reason to put Sanji over Jinbei now is just straight up that he has better feats than him now. Jinbei hasn’t shown anything on the level of beef burst and big mom cut through his haki with her sword without evidence of using haki while a sword shattered on Sanji’s skin with evidence stating Sanji didn’t use haki, although you can argue queen didn’t as well. Sanji is lowkey above Jinbei in every stat atm but more so than anything, at the end of the day Sanji will be the 3rd strongest in the crew even if for a time it seems like he isn’t. That’s just how Oda writes it. The gap between Luffy, Zoro and Sanji is largely irrelevant to me tbh but that is the established order. Sanji doesn’t have to be close or equal in power to Zoro to serve his role as the 3rd man and equally as reliable as Zoro in situations where it matters.

It's like reading a drunken man's post.

I don't care about Zoro.
Zoro is not of any importance to me.
I'm only interest in Sanji.
There were some Zoro fans who were annoying but I block them all including you. I just don't understand what you want.
I just feel like I don't want to quarrel with those Zorotards and it's better not to see their post or message.
You act like you are innocent and act as you're never seen post that Zorotards scolded Sanji.
I don't know what your intentions.
Are you good fan of Zoro or are you just Zorotards? I don't know.
But this topic made people scold Sanji again. Sorry, I don't want to see it.
It makes me feel unhappy.
I love Sanji's story and don't want him to be someone I don't care about.
Zoro is not important to me at all. I never looked at him.
Even if someone said he was cool swordman I don't like that type.
I'm satisfied to like Sanji like this.

Ps. Zoro fan like you are interest in Sanji.

Last edited:
Dear Worstgen,

I have a theory about the Sanji fanbase. I understand I will get a lot of hate or be bashed for this but it needs to be said.

A lot of Sanji fans are Zoro fans in disguise or denial. There are a few legitimate Sanji fans that are genuine here but not many. I'll try to explain myself in this thread.

Part 1. The Zoro Obsession
I'll start with a question. If the so-called fans like Sanji so much, why do they try to glue him to Zoro? Regardless of if it makes since within the context of the manga or not. Every time Zoro grows somehow in their mind Sanji grew at the same rate regardless of feats. Here are a few examples:
Zoro defeated King a YC1 and Sanji fans place Zoro at YC1 tier. Sanji defeated Queen a YC2 yet by some miracle Sanji fans place him at YC1 tier just like Zoro.
Sanji fans claim King and Queen are paralleled as equals due to their bounties so their strength is the same. This is despite the fact the in King’s Vivre Card written by ODA it states that King is the strongest Beast Pirate after Kaido.

They also discount the fact that bounty doesn’t equal strength Kidd had a high bounty than Luffy pre ts because Kidd killed people Luffy didn’t. So basically, who cares what Oda said Sanji is wherever Zoro is?

If you want Sanji to be Zoro why not just admit to being a Zoro fan? They are and just don’t know it yet but hopefully, this post enlightens them.

Part 2. The Monster Trio

When Jinbei joined the crew, it was clear that he was stronger than Sanji at that point in time. Don’t rage just yet Sanji boys (Zorofans in disguise) I think Sanji is stronger than Jinbei now. However, Sanji fans couldn’t handle that because Zoro was still stronger than Jinbei initially. What did the Sanji boys do they used the monster trio excuse and said one of two things:

Jinbei isn’t stronger than Sanji despite the fact that Jinbei had more impressive feats such as throwing Big Mom (a Yonko) off of the Sunny, fighting Ace for five days, destroying WsW (yes this is prior to the Sanji buff), surviving a magma fist. I forgot to mention he got rid of Big Meme a second time in Wano.

Or they say thing like Jinbei is stronger than Zoro and Sanji because Sanji and Zoro are equal. This is despite the fact that Zoro showed us that he was more powerful than Sanji and Jinbei since the beginning of the New World. I’ll go arc by arc:

In Fishman Island Zoro fought Hordy Jones (Luffy’s Opponent) & the Octopus guy who he destroyed while Sanji and Jinbe tag teamed Wadat*fucking*sume. It’s not the strength that matters there but the portrayal, Zoro was clearly being separated.

In Punk Hazard Zoro destroyed Monet (a Logia) without even cutting here with Haki he defeated her. Meanwhile Sanji gets his leg cracked by Vergo, (his leg is his strongest weapon) no only that DJ didn’t do Jack shit to Vergo.

In Dressrossa Zoro defeated Pica (someone with the same rank as Vergo) with no difficulty outside of the chase. Zoro also clashed with Fujitora (an admiral) who acknowledge Zoro’s strength and told his men to step back indicating it was going to be a tough fight. Meanwhile Sanji got neg diffed by Luffy’s villain (Doffy) who trolled his strength and immediately destroyed him. If that’s not clear separation what is?

On WCI Sanji got swatted by Daifuku, Judge grabbed him by his DJ and threw him, and he couldn’t save Luffy (who’d defeated a YC3 & a YC1) without Germa’s help. Not to mention Luffy fought a similar army minus Oven. Luffy also mentioned if they came to fight, they would have brought Zoro.

By the way the Monster Trio is fan made. There isn’t a golden rule saying it can’t be broken.
:cheers:

Also, the original Monster Trio is made up of Luffy-Zoro-Coby. If you replace Coby with Lanjino, you got a faux Monster Trio. :myman:
Post automatically merged:

Again you have not watched/read ruroni kenshin so stop talking surface level things without knowing. As a Zoro fan i know you are content with zoro bowing down to the king of the pirates.
Speaking in vague words to avoid the responsibility of explaining, huh? Fit for a coward like you. :gokulaugh:

Since when serving under Luffy's cause means Zoro is a shameful swordsman? Kenshin, Saito, Aoshi, and Shishio served under a leader at one point in their journey. Heck, Saito was serving as a cop in the original series. Only two notable swordsmen who did not serve under anybody in it was Hiko and Enishi. :milaugh:

You're just a fraud. :akasalt:

Last edited:
I'm not Zoro fan, rather I'm Sanji 's fan, but Kenshin is anime/manga that I dropped.
In a moment when main villain said "We failed", instead of another genious plan, I understand that clown villain is too much for me, with clown plot. So...maybe Kenshin was impressive swordman, I didn't get right feeling of swordmanship with that plot. If you want to read about good martial sryle manga you should read Gamaran, case it is perfect in all terms and final is not dissapointing. While if you want swirdmanship just in shonen, Reborn Yamamoto work really good in that terms. And yes, Yamamoto is swordman unlike this barbarian Zolo, who didn't show any artistic style, and just fight without using sword to pritect himself from damage. He just swing sword with musclues, but swinging is not making you a sword master.
Damn you really are contradicting yourself trying to debate me.

Rurouni Kenshin is my favorite manga series, and no, I don't consider Zoro a joke.
You should.

Zoro is everything Sanji fans want Sanji to be:

- Actually good written
- Vice captain
- Deuteragonist
- Stronger
- Conqueror coating
- Supernova

They even keep trying to steal Zoro’s opponents such as King, Shiryu and Kizaru.
Zoro is not good written. Only a fool with a below average IQ would not see zoro faults which is most of you zoro fans. Never underestimate the stupid in people.

I can guarantee I’ve never downplayed Luffy or over hyped Zoro. I’m a call it how I see it type of guy. Do you feel like my opinion of Sanji is wrong? He’s higher than all the YC2s but lower than the YC1s. The only YC2 that I think is currently stronger than Sanji is Lucky Roo but I didn’t mention it because it’s head cannon.
You don't? Great, but many of Zoro's fans are toxic like that. Not only to Sanji, but also to Luffy.

Yes, I do. Sanji DESTROYED Queen after getting his PU. Right now he's at least mid YC1 imo. I don't remember anyone strong like a YC2 talking about someone moving so fast that they are invisible other than Queen about Sanji. Sanji has high speed, great mobility and great AP. I think he'd be able to rival King and Katakuri. Maybe not win, but lose high-extreme diff.

Zoro is everything Sanji fans want Sanji to be:

- Actually good written
- Vice captain
- Deuteragonist
- Stronger
- Conqueror coating
- Supernova

They even keep trying to steal Zoro’s opponents such as King, Shiryu and Kizaru.
We don't want a one-dimensional badass written for teenagers. Zoro's very cool, but he's shallow. Perfect for people with low IQ.

You don't? Great, but many of Zoro's fans are toxic like that. Not only to Sanji, but also to Luffy.

Yes, I do. Sanji DESTROYED Queen after getting his PU. Right now he's at least mid YC1 imo. I don't remember anyone strong like a YC2 talking about someone moving so fast that they are invisible other than Queen about Sanji. Sanji has high speed, great mobility and great AP. I think he'd be able to rival King and Katakuri. Maybe not win, but lose high-extreme diff.

We don't want a one-dimensional badass written for teenagers. Zoro's very cool, but he's shallow. Perfect for people with low IQ.
:risicheck:

. I think he can push them both to high diff but losses. Until you are able to win against a YC1 I don’t consider you YC1 level. Sanji has always had speed and mobility. We don’t know how long he can keep up that attack power.

It's like reading a drunken man's post.

I don't care about Zoro.
Zoro is not of any importance to me.
I'm only interest in Sanji.
There were some Zoro fans who were annoying but I block them all including you. I just don't understand what you want.
I just feel like I don't want to quarrel with those Zorotards and it's better not to see their post or message.
You act like you are innocent and act as you're never seen post that Zorotards scolded Sanji.
I don't know what your intentions.
Are you good fan of Zoro or are you just Zorotards? I don't know.
But this topic made people scold Sanji again. Sorry, I don't want to see it.
It makes me feel unhappy.
I love Sanji's story and don't want him to be someone I don't care about.
Zoro is not important to me at all. I never looked at him.
Even if someone said he was cool swordman I don't like that type.
I'm satisfied to like Sanji like this.

Ps. Zoro fan like you are interest in Sanji.
Rather you think I’m annoying or decide to ignore me is fine and totally up to you. However, based on your post I don’t think you the Sanji fan that im talking about. Your the opposite, it should be more fans of Sanji that like Sanji for being Sanji. I respect that I didn’t talk about Sanjis character in this post.

I think it’s great that you like Sanji for Sanji. You don’t have to like Zoro.

I never said I’m not interested in Sanji. I like when he does impressive shit. I just don’t like the debates where you can’t scale Sanji without Zoro being referenced.

Just curious what type of Zoro fan do people think I am?

Last edited:
Mind telling us why zoro is not good written character?
He's a simple character much like Luffy. He's not greatly written but I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is badly written either.
This isn't to say that people should dislike him though.
I say this as a Luffy fan, but Sanji has is one of the best written characters in the show, minus the shitty simping.