Questions & Mysteries A post even bigger than Pirate King: King of the World

Going by Oda's words, the fight for Pirate King is the ultimate story of One Piece, not the World of One Piece.

One Piece = Pirate Manga
World of One Piece = WG + much more

Once Luffy becomes PK, there will be something much larger at stake: The reigns of the world.

Oda has been toying with this idea for a while, and it's somehow related to Law and the OP OP no Mi.

Looking at the words, I disagree that it's the immortality (or just that). Doflamingo said "in addition there's personality switch" and ALSO "immortality".

This definitely ties into Imu, and the empty seat

But there's something deeper. Rox' dream was BEYOND PK. He wanted to become "King of the World", just like Imu.

How Rox and Imu tie together, and how the OP OP is related is still up for grabs. But it's clear the "One Piece World" will have a title beyond a "mere Pirate King" after Raftel. I wouldn't even be surprised if Imu is Rox, who switched bodies or something.

I thought you were saying Teach is going to accomplish what Xebec couldn't accomplish since he is in that picture that Imu sliced in fear. :zehaha:

Blackbeard probably made his ship's name ''Saber of Xebec'' for a reason, real life Blackbeard's ship is ''Queen Anne's revenge'' because after Queen Anne, German royalties took the throne instead of a British royalty.

If D. are former royalty before Imu (such as D. - British loyalty, Imu - German royalty), then this could be similar, and Blackbeard believes Xebec really get close to achieve that goal but still another royaly took the throne, which is Imu.

If he is a Xebec loyalist, then Xebec truly lost the throne to Imu after getting close at God Valley, and it looks like Blackbeard wants to fix that problem as a Xebec loyalist.

How Rox and Imu tie together, and how the OP OP is related is still up for grabs. But it's clear the "One Piece World" will have a title beyond a "mere Pirate King" after Raftel. I wouldn't even be surprised if Imu is Rox, who switched bodies or something.
I don't think Xebec would give up on being the captain of Whitebeard, Kaido and Big mom especially when he achieved his ultimate goal.

That's like Doflamingo letting his pirate crew go free if he achieved his goal, and even putting bounties on his former crew and declaring his own crew members as criminals and declaring a war against them...

If Xebec achieved his goal, he would continue to use Whitebeard, Kaido, and Big mom, as he already have even a greater power like World Government resources, which he didn't have before.

People may say Xebec can't reveal his identity to the public and he couldn't make other criminals his allies as the leader of the world government, how he could use them officially? Easy; he would make them Shichibukai.

There is no reason for Xebec to not control his former pirate crew after gaining even more power through the World Government resources, and even let them destroy many valuable World Government properties, make them enemies of the World Government etc etc.

Wano and many territories in the new world is extremely valuable for the World Goverment, if Xebec was Imu, he would let Kaido, Big mom and Whitebeard know that, he would at least make business with them, if he can't even control them fully. Constantly fighting with them makes no sense if he is really the former captain of 3 Yonko, and he wouldn't let valuable places like Wano to go free under Kaido's rule.

CP0 was desperate to buy weapons from Wano. Xebec is already the captain of Kaido, and he is just going to give up on making business with them and become enemies with his former crew member for no reason? I don't see its happening.

People may say Kaido, Big mom and Whitebeard are all from the same crew but they also fight with each other, but being the captain of a pirate, and being a crew mate of a pirate are two different things.

Zoro and Sanji fight with each other all the time, and if Luffy dies, they wouldn't be in the same pirate crew.

Zoro's relationship with Luffy and his relationship with Sanji are very different. This would be the same with Kaido and Big mom, they fight with each other, but when they are with Xebec it's different since Xebec is their captain.

Whitebeard too, I don't imagine WB would follow Xebec if he didn't respect him. WB's relationship must be different with his captain Xebec, in comparison with Kaido and Big mom.

Reinforced by the fact that both Roger and Luffy have another big dream that we still have yet to know about. After Imu's introduction it should've been clear that a title was just introduced that stands above that of the PK.

In the end, and I don't mean that to talk OP bad, the race for the PK seems like a very long sub-plot slowly building up to the main event which is taking Imu down.

Knowing Luffy, and knowing OP so far, I'm guessing that the story will go past Luffy becoming pirate king - but he won't want to be king of the world. He'll want to dismantle the whole system. Luffy's dream is a totally free world, so he'll end the cycle of pursuing any king titles. He'll break the wheel.

Going by Oda's words, the fight for Pirate King is the ultimate story of One Piece, not the World of One Piece.

One Piece = Pirate Manga
World of One Piece = WG + much more

Once Luffy becomes PK, there will be something much larger at stake: The reigns of the world.

Oda has been toying with this idea for a while, and it's somehow related to Law and the OP OP no Mi.

Looking at the words, I disagree that it's the immortality (or just that). Doflamingo said "in addition there's personality switch" and ALSO "immortality".

This definitely ties into Imu, and the empty seat

But there's something deeper. Rox' dream was BEYOND PK. He wanted to become "King of the World", just like Imu.

Zoro will be stronger than Emu EoS