Captain of the 10th Division
Formerly the 3rd Seat of the 10th Division

The Loss Collector

VS

Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto

Former Captain of the 1st Division
Former Head of the Gotei 13
Strongest Old Man in the Big 3
I’ve seen this being discussed in other places and Toshiro fans panned as going wild for even suggesting the match up. But I think its closer than it seems.

At face value, Fire > Ice, which was already shown to be the case when Toshiro couldn’t use his immature bankai when Zanka No Tachi was in use. However in his matured state, thats thrown out of the window as he can flash freeze casually:

And can freeze all matter (even a quincy bow/arrow) if given 4 secs:
That being said, flash freezing an amped up Gerard and negating his hax as well is impressive. However I think Yamamoto’s Zanka No Tachi west in particular it what poses a match up problem here. Its a literal sun armor, it has such high temperatures that I don’t see Toshiro being able to utilize his hax negating technique because the very ice itself would melt at the mere precense of the intense heat. And the only way I see Toshiro winning the match up is by utilizing his negation hax to stop the use of Zanka No Tachi, question is; will he be able to accomplish that without the ice melting?

@Blackbeard @Van @Topi Jerami @ZenZu @RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @Jiihad @Jo_Ndule @comrade @playa4321 and the rest.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Gerard Valkyrie touched this guy in Godsize and froze solid over the course of maybe a minute. When he was later attacked, his body crumbled into icy viking chunks. He also cut Hoffnung cleanly at the tip, whereas All Out Shikai Zaraki could only manage a minuscule chip on a weaker Gerard Valkyrie's Hoffnung.

I'd personally put Godsize Gerard Valkyrie in the same arena as Bankai Yamamoto, so I think Toshiro wins.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think they are quite comparable.

Yama has the best fire sword and Toshiro has the best ice sword.

Yama can melt the ice and Toshiro can likely protect himself from fire with his great ice/cold.

Adult Toshiro proved to be powerful and insta freeze was nice but I don't think he can freeze for good bankai Yama when he has his fire armor.

The only thing is experience. Yama is a master swordsman, a master at CQC, a master in kido, and likely a master fighter overall. He has also millennias of experience.

So for now I give it to Yama in a really really difficult fight.

They are quite even .

I don't recall the chapter but it was said that Toshiro after 100 years could reach head captain lvl .

Which is absolute huge considering that there are fellas way way older and possibly experienced than him.

It would be like Yamamoto on his prime ?:choppawhat:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I'm gonna be honest Rukia's freeze should be more potent than Hitsugaya's. She can do an absolute zero freeze with massive AOE. I'm not even sure if he can beat her in her Bankai state. Rukia's bankai is fundamentally more powerful than Toshiro's going by logic, he still just freezes stuff but really fast, Rukia stops movement at an atomic level.

Now regarding Kubo what should take place isn't always the case, but I don't see how Toshiro logically even beats Rukia if she starts in her Bankai state, let alone Yamamoto. At some point reiatsu level should matter too. Yamamoto should win quite comfortably imo.

Bleach battledome is so dead.

And so mindless.

Shikai Hyoketsu immediately freezes everything before him, and the moment it happens, every function immediately ceases. Yamamoto's temperature, ability, heat, prowess, the "destroy anything on touch" and everything immediately ceases to exist.

And yeah, he can freeze it. He can freeze literally anything- from earth to fire to air to literal reiatsu.

Yamamoto is strong but doesn't really compare to utter hax abilities of likes of Hitsugaya lol
Yamamoto negs diff. The heat of the sun would melts the ice like nothing.:kayneshrug:
Maybe that applies to non-adult Hitsugaya :goyea:

You can't melt anything when the "heat of sun" ceases to be heat of sun the moment it's frozen.
Post automatically merged:

I'm gonna be honest Rukia's freeze should be more potent than Hitsugaya's. She can do an absolute zero freeze with massive AOE. I'm not even sure if he can beat her in her Bankai state. Rukia's bankai is fundamentally more powerful than Toshiro's going by logic, he still just freezes stuff but really fast, Rukia stops movement at an atomic level.

Now regarding Kubo what should take place isn't always the case, but I don't see how Toshiro logically even beats Rukia if she starts in her Bankai state, let alone Yamamoto. At some point reiatsu level should matter too. Yamamoto should win quite comfortably imo.
A whole year late but this seems overrating Rukia a lot.

Adult Hitsugaya was strong enough to casually chop up something that all-out shikai Kenpachi could barely scratch. Even with stamina depleted and fatigued, he was casually keeping up with Byakuya's movements as well as Gerrard- who could easily keep up with if not overwhelm all out shikai Kenpachi.

Hitsugaya doesn't even need whatever ice prowess to shitstomp Rukia. He doesn't even need his sword- he can probably blitz and tear her head off before she breathes.

Hell, even normal Bankai Hitsugaya could casually stop Gerrard's area flattening attack while Renji and Rukia were momentarily knocked out and couldn't react to a weaker version of that Gerrard. They're literal fodder in front of captains like Hitsugaya, Byakuya and Kenpachi.

Last edited: