Speculations Akainu is the next major antagonist, not Blackbeard.

I have a weird vibe.

Let me lay out a lot of random stuff that's happened recently and then tie it all back at the end.

1) Hibari is possibly Akainu's kid.
She's the only other character in the story that speaks the same dialect has him.
AND the pink flower on Akainu's shirt is called a Hibari (no way that's a coincidence).

2) We have Akainu talking about firing back on all fronts, implying a more active role.

3) Zoro and Luffy offhandedly mention taking on Marine HQ.

4) We are likely getting marine bounties soon.
I don't think the star system will apply to top-tier marines, but even if does we'll still be able to convert the numbers.
The whole purpose of bounties is as a narrative hype/comparison tool so I think we will get comparable bounties to pirates.
This makes a lot of sense if they're taking up a more directly antagonistic role soon.

5) Ryokugyu actively simps for Akainu.
Oda gave us a character that explicitly reminded us of evil marines.

So to sum it all up:
Akainu is clearly taking a far more active role in the story than he previously had, and I think the implication is that he's going to be an antagonist much sooner than expected.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Point 1.

So Akainu will be the next major antagonist because a dubious connection in the form of a nothing character... Who is petitioning people to go after Blackbeard? Seems like Blackbeard is being set up, not Akainu.

Point 2.

The official translation has Akainu taking a more defensive stance.

Point 3.

Uhhhh. Okay?

Point 4.

They will be an antagonistic role soon, just not immediately.

5) Ryokugyu actively simps for Akainu.
Oda gave us a character that explicitly reminded us of evil marines.
And Oda has Koby, one of Luffy's oldest friends, currently kidnapped.. After BB attacked his other friend's islands.. While someone who is also a victim of BB (Bonney) is with them. Oda did more recently to push Teach into an active role than Akainu, who has yet to leave Marineford.

That's only if SH go to Marine HQ. Fleet Admiral can't leave Marine HQ. So he said about every Pirate/Revo into the bottom of the sea only if they come to him.

Point 1.

So Akainu will be the next major antagonist because a dubious connection in the form of a nothing character... Who is petitioning people to go after Blackbeard? Seems like Blackbeard is being set up, not Akainu.

Point 2.

The official translation has Akainu taking a more defensive stance.

Point 3.

Uhhhh. Okay?

Point 4.

They will be an antagonistic role soon, just not immediately.

And Oda has Koby, one of Luffy's oldest friends, currently kidnapped.. After BB attacked his other friend's islands.. While someone who is also a victim of BB (Bonney) is with them. Oda did more recently to push Teach into an active role than Akainu, who has yet to leave Marineford.
Do you think a character being named after the flower on Akainu’s shirt (a pink Hawaiian flower) and speaking the same dialect as him is coincidence.

So Helmeppo, Hibari and co. goes to rescue Kobyd in BB base.

SHP tags along.

Akainu comes with other Admirals.

SHP, BB, Marines are involved so pretty sure the red hair rats will come and cross guild too.

Meanwhile Dragon and Revo officers attacks Imu.

Last men standing will be SHP and Imu for the final war.

3 yrs One Piece lets gooo !

:gokulaugh:

The WG is the Final Villain to me , and i want the Marines to go down with them .

- The Marines is their strongest military force ( and world's strongest military force ) who has been with WG for hundreds of years :
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-578-page-3.html

- Marine HQ is also the gateway ( the defender ) of Mariejoa ( Zoro's words in 1060 also proved this )
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-905-page-2.html

Also in that panel Hibari ( and Helmeppo ) are asking to go after the Blackbeard Pirates .....

I think BBP are next .

I mean he will probably fight Luffy before BB, but BB is still the main villain being set up. With Helmeppo in the island and Fullalead likely being nearby we will have a small arc giving us more info on BB