All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pokémon Companies and Game Freaks biggest mistake is the release schedule. I’m sure ILCA had a lot of stress and time pressure.
There’s a quote from Shigeru Miyamoto

Don’t understand me wrong, I’m hyped for remakes and I think they will be my favourite Pokémon games since ORAS. I’m glad that ILCA developed this game because Game Freak can’t even handle Legend Arceus at the moment (it looks terrible).

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pokémon Companies and Game Freaks biggest mistake is the release schedule. I’m sure ILCA had a lot of stress and time pressure.
There’s a quote from Shigeru Miyamoto

Don’t understand me wrong, I’m hyped for remakes and I think they will be my favourite Pokémon games since ORAS. I’m glad that ILCA developed this game because Game Freak can’t even handle Legend Arceus at the moment (it looks terrible).
You think Legends looks bad?? BDSP is becoming a real slap in the face, but I’m still very stoked for the Arceus game…

You think Legends looks bad?? BDSP is becoming a real slap in the face, but I’m still very stoked for the Arceus game…
I like the chibi style, it’s not bad. It gives me nostalgia.
Legend Arceus didn’t catch me. It could’ve been a great game but it needs more development. Some WiiU games look better.
We don’t need a new game every single year. They should invest more time and money into the development of their games.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We don’t need a new game every single year.
I wanna print this on a poster in the biggest font possible and put it up in Game Freak’s corporate office…like, imagine how great it would have been for them to focus on the Gen 4 remakes and making them as spectacular as the originals deserve, THEN gave us a brand new concept like Legends, THEN rolled out Gen 9 once the excitement over the first two died down. How is it better business to rush all three, making at least one of them totally inferior to all other remakes and splitting opinion on another??
Post automatically merged:

This thread remembered me that last time I played was Black&White. How are the games in the current franchise? I haven't had any experience with the 3D universe yet.

Unfortunaly Nintendo doesn't care about my country, products became too much expensive and we didn't even had a portuguese translation(even indie has it).
I also stopped at BW2 for a long time before returning for SwSh…the graphics are obviously better, but I don’t know that they’ve ever topped the generic story from the first five generations, the newer Pokémon are more miss than hit for me, and missing the whole mega evolution thing is the only bit I regret. Otherwise, if you’re looking to jump back in, you won’t feel like you’ve been deprived of anything that special.

good time to ask what team do y'all plan to run? after 15+ yrs of playing, probably gonna be running different teams from what I had as a 7 yr old 🤣

for me it'll be most likely:

• Infernape (will always use him no matter what as one of my all time favorite starters alongside Incineroar and Swampert)
  • Electivire (my favorite Electric type Pokemon and carried me hard as a kid)
  • Togekiss (especially now that it's a fairy type instead of normal like in D/P/P, one of my favorite flying and fairy types even over Staraptor, also so damn adorable)
  • Weavile (specifically to deal with Garchomp and a cool ice pokemon in general)
  • Floatzel or Empoleon (if I can import from Pokemon HOME)
  • Bastiodon (good tank), Gallade or Lucario (got one-shotted too many times when I was a kid so I don't have fond memories of him)

I wanna print this on a poster in the biggest font possible and put it up in Game Freak’s corporate office…like, imagine how great it would have been for them to focus on the Gen 4 remakes and making them as spectacular as the originals deserve, THEN gave us a brand new concept like Legends, THEN rolled out Gen 9 once the excitement over the first two died down. How is it better business to rush all three, making at least one of them totally inferior to all other remakes and splitting opinion on another??

I also stopped at BW2 for a long time before returning for SwSh…the graphics are obviously better, but I don’t know that they’ve ever topped the generic story from the first five generations, the newer Pokémon are more miss than hit for me, and missing the whole mega evolution thing is the only bit I regret. Otherwise, if you’re looking to jump back in, you won’t feel like you’ve been deprived of anything that special.
I started on Emerald in 2008, and then Platinum in 2009, Heartgold in 2010 and then my mom threw away my DS and all my Pokemon games when I started having to wear glasses in 2011-12 😔 so I completely skipped over Black/White/Black 2/White 2 and also X/Y. Luckily I was a noob back then and didn't get too much progress on those games and in the past yr or so was able to buy those games again and grind through it

Once I had an allowance again, I started playing again in 2015 with Omega Sapphire (to this day one of my all time favorite games), and then Sun in 2016, Ultra Moon in 2017 (which I did not enjoy truthfully speaking), and recently Shield, and in less than 48 hrs Shining Pearl

also play Pokemon GO (until the pandemic happened) and Pokemon Masters EX (just last month when my device was finally able to run the game after an upgrade) on the side on my android device

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
good time to ask what team do y'all plan to run? after 15+ yrs of playing, probably gonna be running different teams from what I had as a 7 yr old 🤣

• Infernape (will always use him no matter what as one of my all time favorite starters alongside Incineroar and Swampert)
  • Togekiss (especially now that it's a fairy type instead of normal like in D/P/P, one of my favorite flying and fairy types even over Staraptor, also so damn adorable)
  • Weavile (specifically to deal with Garchomp and a cool ice pokemon in general)
  • Bastiodon (good tank), Gallade or Lucario (got one-shotted too many times when I was a kid so I don't have fond memories of him)

I started on Emerald in 2008, and then Platinum in 2009, Heartgold in 2010 and then my mom threw away my DS and all my Pokemon games when I started having to wear glasses in 2011-12 😔 so I completely skipped over Black/White/Black 2/White 2 and also X/Y. Luckily I was a noob back then and didn't get too much progress on those games and in the past yr or so was able to buy those games again and grind through it

Once I had an allowance again, I started playing again in 2015 with Omega Sapphire (to this day one of my all time favorite games), and then Sun in 2016, Ultra Moon in 2017 (which I did not enjoy truthfully speaking), and recently Shield, and in less than 48 hrs Shining Pearl

also play Pokemon GO (until the pandemic happened) and Pokemon Masters EX (just last month when my device was finally able to run the game after an upgrade) on the side on my android device
Oh, I’m a HUGE Go player, didn’t know we were counting that…but a friend let me borrow his copy of Red way back in the late 90s, and then I bought the following versions as they came out: Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, White, White 2, Sword, and now Brilliant Diamond (with Legends: Arceus to come) :cheers:

As far as my team, I’ll definitely have Infernape and Luxray, possibly Froslass, and then a Psychic, a Fighting, and maybe an Eeveelution that isn’t the same type as any of the above :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
Oh, I’m a HUGE Go player, didn’t know we were counting that…but a friend let me borrow his copy of Red way back in the late 90s, and then I bought the following versions as they came out: Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, White, White 2, Sword, and now Brilliant Diamond (with Legends: Arceus to come) :cheers:

As far as my team, I’ll definitely have Infernape and Luxray, possibly Froslass, and then a Psychic, a Fighting, and maybe an Eeveelution that isn’t the same type as any of the above :kayneshrug:
I used to run Luxray until I realized back in Gen IV it's strongest move (Discharge) was a Special Attack type while Luxray had higher Physical Attack and I could never one shot opponents with it even with type weakness, by Gen 8 though it should be much better with Wild Charge

I think at this point they don’t care.
Sword and Shield are the best-selling Pokémon games even though they were criticised the most.
Game Freak thinks: "They’re still buying our games."
So they won’t change

W

Wonderful World

I tend to like the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon a little too much, so I'll likely be sticking with as much of those as available.

When I eventually get it, I'll go with:

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ll go with this team:

Fuck, how did I forget Garchomp?! That’s definitely one I’ll use too :lawsigh:
i have PTSD from the hundreds of times Cynthia's Garchomp raped my team as a 7 yr old so I refuse to run it at least in any Gen 4 game XD

my team btw

I tend to like the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon a little too much, so I'll likely be sticking with as much of those as available.

When I eventually get it, I'll go with:

I'm curious to see if Mega Altaria will be available or nah

Last edited:
I want to use Pokémon I haven't use before, but I still can't decide the last member
Mananphy from the Mystery Gift or from Pokemon HOME (iirc can't be used until early 2022 to BD/SP 😔)?

gonna need someone to help me for trading in a few days if possible, planning to evolve Electivire but I'll need someone to trade an Electabuzz + Electrizer and send back to me. Not planning to grind thru the entire story until I can get him

my friend code is SW-5373-1709-6891 if you can help out @Jew D. Boy @Wonderful World @Cross_Marian @Tyki_Mikk @Thururuzao

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Mananphy from the Mystery Gift or from Pokemon HOME (iirc can't be used until early 2022 to BD/SP 😔)?

gonna need someone to help me for trading in a few days if possible, planning to evolve Electivire but I'll need someone to trade an Electabuzz + Electrizer and send back to me. Not planning to grind thru the entire story until I can get him

my friend code is SW-5373-1709-6891 if you can help out @Jew D. Boy @Wonderful World @Cross_Marian @Tyki_Mikk @Thururuzao
Hahaha, we never actually consummated the other trade we discussed, but I’ll add you when I get my game tomorrow and we can figure it out :cheers: