Anime producer talks about the future of the series in Saudi Arabia Anime Expo.

Shinji Simizu a producer of Toei participated to Saudi Arabia Anime Expo and talked about things related to the series.

Thanks to EMUNOPLA.

- There is a plan to adapt the cover stories into the anime but Toei Animation right now is thinking and busy with Wano arc .

- Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story would be more sad .

- The anime staff enjoy choosing character designs such as skin color and hair because the author Oda does not interfere much, but the author Oda sometimes intervenes and rejects ideas in order to make the characters more wonderful.

I did a summary of more things he said.

Be wary that it contains spoilers for the manga and the anime.

1. He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad.

2. By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .

3. Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.

4. They want to adapt the cover stories but also the novels like the one of Ace and Law.

5. He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.

6. Many changes are coming to the anime even more than the beginning of Wano and he talked about the designs of the anime.

7. He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story would be more sad .
Huh? Oda..... who are you going to kill next :pepehands:
please don’t take any of the straw hats :pepehands:

Nor Perona :pepehands:
Nor the Shichibukais :pepehands:
Nor the worst generation :pepehands:
Nor the Yonko commanders :pepehands:

Or anyone except the celestial dragons, Spandam and Akainu

Ummm Sabo ?

Nope ...he doesn't hold too much weight .

A SH? Well if one dies Luffy will not be PK .

WG? Law can easily die ( theres nothing stopping this ) plus I think it would be really sad but idk if as sad as Ace death.

In fact ,making the death of someone way heavier than Ace is hard to achieve....only a SHs could compare to it ....I wonder what route will be picked.

Go on Oda, do it, kill a Strawhat EoS. And not one of the old ones- Jinbei's being threatening to kill himself for Luffy for years now, it won't be much of a shock if he does- a young one. That's the only way you're going to get that reaction. Everybody expects Shanks to die, so no surprise there. And if he kills off Sabo that's just a boring rehash.

1. He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad.
Death is coming. Will it be Luffy or any of the other SH's or just people like Garp and the like? All we can do is wait.

2. By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .
Not sure I like this. I want the sense of surprise when Luffy finally finds and reveals it on page. Not let readers alread have a hint at what it could be. Oh well...

3. Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.
Yeah but there are multiple scenarios that could happen here:
a. Luffy vs BM + Kaidou (which many are unhappy about)
b. Luffy vs BM then Kaidou or Luffy vs Kaidou then BM
c. Luffy + BM vs Kaidou
d. Luffy + Kaidou vs BM ( unlikely)
e. Luffy vs BM vs Kaidou

5. He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.
So the Anime team has been briefed that Oda intends to end it in 5 years. Contingency plans will be in place if it happens and if it does not.

7. He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.
Guess they have to. Not sure why because in the manga it was a complete ROFLSTOMP. Obviously we're gonna see a much closer fight then just a drunken Kaidou getting pummeled till he sobers up and KOs Luffy to A WHOLE NEW WORLD.

They don't mean Kaido's baseball swing and Big Mom playing darts, do they?
Post automatically merged:

Pre Timeskip
Jango
Hatchan
Wapol (that thing from Zou doesn't count)
Ace
Gedatsu
Ms. Golden Week
Eneru
CP9

Post Timeskip
Caribou
Jimbei
Grand Fleet
Capone

I wonder how they'll adapt Decks Around The World. It'd be nice material at the end of each episode, but the ship for both have already sailed.

Last edited:
@@0XMURADX0
Heishi didn't mention 5 years, More like One Piece reaching 50% of it's story. I doubt anyone besides Oda knows, but that's another Four (5 Years) till the end. Kinda contradicting about Wano Ending. It's a feat if Oda compresses 900 chapters into 5 years.
Read this commentar from Murad and also @VegaPank said it today aswell.
Their are to much information right now, everyone saying something else.
Didn´t Oda said that One Piece was already done with 70-80% and now Heshi say One piece only reaching 50% of the story????

Also I can remember from a past interview again with Heishi who mentionend that One piece will be easily over 10years(I think it was even in this year or last year). I don´t buy these 5 years of Oda who like to troll his fanbase, also Greg seems know it aswell(probably in a directly conventation with Oda) that One piece don´t gonna end in 5years.