Chapter Discussion Anyone else dislike the series that weekly shonen jump has been publishing?

The only manga on WSJ that I really care about at the moment is One Piece and My hero academia: vigilantes
I liked the demon slayer manga while that lasted
Sakamoto days and mashle were pretty interesting, but I don't really keep up with them

But overall, I just feel like a lot of the stuff that WSJ is publishing feels kinda lazy and uninspired. How many urban fantasy series are you going to publish about a 15 year old kid gaining magic powers and fighting demons?

Maybe its just because I started one piece when I was a teenager and now I'm older and shonen manga doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. But I feel like One Piece was unique and original, and as much as I shit on it at times, Oda is much more creative than most of the other mangaka publishing at jump. Although this isn't even the authors' faults. The editors are deliberately riding sales trends in regards to publishing choices. Basically they are publishing stories that have similar tropes to stories that were already popular.

This is why stories like Black Clover, My Hero Academia, and Jujutsu Kaisen share a lot of similarities with Naruto. The editors chose them with the hopes that these series would be the new naruto. And for what its worth, some of them are fine. But I feel like these types of stories are over-saturating the magazine.

They got a new EiC recenty and he's a massive fan of gag manga which sucks for me cause i just cant get into gag manga so stuff like Magu, Roboco, Shugomaru, High School Family, Agravity Boys are just not for me.

Mashle, Sakamoto, Yozakura, Undead are all good though.

Then we have the mediocre stuff like Witch Watch and Blue Box, seriously why is blue box eve in jump, i read 18 chapters and its not a shounen, it doenst focus on the sports side of thing, any matches that has happened have been all of screen and the romance is non existants so i dont get its popularity.

Jump seems to be going in a new direction since all the new batte manga have bombed too even Ayashimon and Doron which seemed to have good starts and colour pages are down in the rankings with the latest issue.

obviously its impossible to like all 20 series jump publish at a time but once dr stone, my hero and Jujutsu end and they're all in tehir final arcs as far as i know the magazine will be in trouble, once one piece ends it might even drop to the same level of sales as weekly shonen sunday, champion and magazine

I have never liked everything that WSJ magazine has to offer but when I think about why that is, it's probably due to the diversity that they offer. I am not a huge fan of gag manga as they are probably suited to a more Eastern audience. That being said they do have a few titles that I follow with regularity and look forward to on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis. There also some series that I read but do not keep up with as I do others and a few that ended prematurely in my opinion.

Manga I read and wait for their releases:
One Piece
One-Punch Man
Mashle: Magic and Muscle
My Hero Academia
Spy Family
Black Clover

Manga that I read but only when I am in the mood:
Elusive Samurai
Sakamoto Days (Just started this one)
My Hero Academia: Vigilantes
World Trigger
Choujin X
Kaiju No. 8

Manga I liked that ended too early:
Hunters Guild: Red Hood
Build King
They got a new EiC recenty and he's a massive fan of gag manga which sucks for me cause i just cant get into gag manga so stuff like Magu, Roboco, Shugomaru, High School Family, Agravity Boys are just not for me.
Mashle, Sakamoto, Yozakura, Undead are all good though.
Then we have the mediocre stuff like Witch Watch and Blue Box, seriously why is blue box eve in jump, i read 18 chapters and its not a shounen, it doenst focus on the sports side of thing, any matches that has happened have been all of screen and the romance is non existants so i dont get its popularity.
Jump seems to be going in a new direction since all the new batte manga have bombed too even Ayashimon and Doron which seemed to have good starts and colour pages are down in the rankings with the latest issue.
obviously its impossible to like all 20 series jump publish at a time but once dr stone, my hero and Jujutsu end and they're all in tehir final arcs as far as i know the magazine will be in trouble, once one piece ends it might even drop to the same level of sales as weekly shonen sunday, champion and magazine
I agree there is no way that anyone will like all 20 series but they still have some decent stuff going on for now. I may pickup Jujustu if the anime second season takes a while but I have been anime only on that series. I started Undead but it did not hook me. Mashle is probably my favorite of the new WSJ editions. And while Sakamoto Day is interesting it just has not sucked me into it. I was really enjoying Build King and Red Hood, I was actually suprised to see them both scrapped so early on.