Questions & Mysteries Are haki levels actually a thing?

One Piece is a better story than Naruto and Oda is a better writer than Kishi, but Kishi at least made chakra levels much more clear to distinguish throughout Naruto than haki in One Piece.

- Kisame was called “The Tail-less Tailed Beast”.
- Hashirama stated that KCM2 Naruto had almost of much chakra as him.
- Karin stated that the 4th Raikage has Tailed Beast-level chakra

Conqueror’s Haki is really the only clear-cut way Oda has told us how much haki a character has. Sky-splitting or how many fodder are knocked out with base CoC.

If a character doesn’t have CoC, how do we know how much haki a character has?

One Piece is a better story than Naruto and Oda is a better writer than Kishi, but Kishi at least made chakra levels much more clear to distinguish throughout Naruto than haki in One Piece.

- Kisame was called “The Tail-less Tailed Beast”.
- Hashirama stated that KCM2 Naruto had almost of much chakra as him.
- Karin stated that the 4th Raikage has Tailed Beast-level chakra

Conqueror’s Haki is really the only clear-cut way Oda has told us how much haki a character has. Sky-splitting or how many fodder are knocked out with base CoC.

If a character doesn’t have CoC, how do we know how much haki a character has?
- pretimeskip, Blackbeard said about Luffy "his haki's gotten pretty well too"

- Zoro said to Pica "only if your haki is stronger than mine"

- Law said about Emperors "i can't teleport them since their haki is too strong"

- Luffy said when Kaidou goes drunk mode "his haki's keep getting stronger"

So maybe those statements (character sensing their enemies' haki) can be of a clue

- Law said about Emperors "i can't teleport them since their haki is too strong"

So maybe those statements (character sensing their enemies' haki) can be of a clue
Luffy said kaido's Haki is stronger than his too.

One piece definitely not better then naruto
:pepapoo:

Haki complete shit!!! Especially trying to scale CoO. At this point, if it’s not advanced Haki. Then Depending on the narrative. People go anywhere between trash/ an average.
Relax man 😳 But yeah I understand where you’re coming from

Hmm so it seems the strength of someone’s haki is the same thing as how MUCH haki they have. Quality = quantity in this case I guess

yes, but it doesn't necessarily adhere to mathematical reasoning.

chakra is finite, and when it runs out the ninja dies, which forces the ninja to strategically regulate their chakra usage during battle, and that is what makes naruto more realistic and adds a lot of tension to the combat.

haki is unlimited, but using too much of it puts a lot of strain on the body, which might lead to death, and it also depends on the individual's willpower. it's an extremely forgiving mechanic.

haki correlates to physical strength, thus high level haki applications requires equally high physical strength.
that's why future sight and AdvCoC can only be used by the mightiest warriors.

one piece characters can massively increase their physical strength in a matter of minutes, which allows them to haki bloom/acquire high level application in a very short time.

kaido said that: devil fruit's awakening happens when your body and mind catches up to your devil fruit's potential.
and i think the opposite is true when it comes to haki, imo haki blooms happen when your haki catches up to your body's potential.

There are levels. Haki is an individual application of spiritual energy. Some people excel in certain shades, some people are formidable because of how experienced they are, some find extremely powerful ways to apply, etc. By no means does it make them impossible to overcome, but the point Oda drives home in the new world is that the spirit is the strongest power out there, no matter what type of skills or other abilities you possess.

Jinbe is a great example. He's a lifelong karateka and seemingly natural talent. He's got world experience as a pirate under Tiger and a captain on his own. He's fought alongside the strongest man in the world, been a member of the royal guard, and fought as a Shichibukai. Even as a fish out of water he's very knowledgeable and strategic overall, and so when it comes to Haki, his armament in particular is very hard. Hard enough to block emperors and admirals, and break the bones of other veterans just by defending. He's a great fighter overall though and the hardness of his Haki is just a manifestation of that, not the only reason he's strong. Pre Germa, it's safe to say he'd wreck Sanji but it's also true that the latter would have a natural advantage in observation despite the gap in experience.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I feel like scaling haki is way harder to do that scaling charka or something, because in-canon the explanation is usually "the stronger the spirit, the stronger the haki". Setting CoC aside since it's only possible to get it at birth (although its power very much scales with the user's ambitions) CoA and CoO can be trained and improved with usage, so it really seems like a sixth sense kind of deal (for CoO) and a manifestation of spirit as a defense method (CoA). A good example is the Zoro vs Pica fight: Pica trained a lot and was experienced with his Haki, so he could coat his whole body in it. However, Zoro's spirit is much stronger than his (Pica only being Doffy's bitch and Zoro actually wanting to be WSS) makes it that even if Zoro isn't as trained in CoA, he could still cut Pica.

Nothing really wrong with what you said imo, but "level" applies because it actually refers to something Oda specifies. "Scale" is meta fan stuff. It really wasn't designed for people to put numbers on or rank characters by, so finding it to be a problem for doing those things is just creating one's own problem.