Chapter Discussion Are the Beasts Pirates both cooler and notably stronger than the Big Mom Pirates?

Are they cooler and stronger?

• They are only cooler but not stronger

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • They are only stronger but not cooler

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • They are both stronger and cooler

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • They are worst in both ways

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
In my opinion , they are.It feels like Oda has given the Beasts Pirates much more thought and importance.

The Tobi Roppo designs were definitely better than their counterparts' who I supposed are the Veterans.
Queen is a way better character than Smoothie.
Cracker and Jack are equally uninteresting to me.
Katakuri is still the greatest , but King hasn't really done anything other than almost kill Big Mom lol.

Then you have the Numbers with those sick shadows , Kaido's son who might also be extremely strong , Orochi's forces and who knows what else.The overall vibe the Beasts Pirates give off is darker and more dangerous in my opinion.

What do you think?

I think Big Mom's crew gets unjustly trashed because of their looks and that they were invaded by half the Strawhats.

But quite frankly, while the Beast Pirates have a more usual cooler design, I don't think I'd bet on most of them in a 1v1 fight with the Big Mom Pirates, considering that they seem a lot less versatile. So far, we have mostly seen brute force from them, and nothing else. Meanwhile, Big Mom's crew is full of troublesome powers, on top of having skilled fighters.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
I think Big Mom's crew gets unjustly trashed because of their looks and that they were invaded by half the Strawhats.

But quite frankly, while the Beast Pirates have a more usual cooler design, I don't think I'd bet on most of them in a 1v1 fight with the Big Mom Pirates, considering that they seem a lot less versatile. So far, we have mostly seen brute force from them, and nothing else. Meanwhile, Big Mom's crew is full of troublesome powers, on top of having skilled fighters.
The only strong Bmp pirates are Kata Peros Smoothie the worst YC2 Oven and Daifuku Kinda, Cracker who can’t tank any shot.
While Kaido has The Calamities
Tobbi roppo The numbers and some Fodder Headliners.

Luffy wouldn't even have been able to high-diff Crackers if Nami wasn't here. It took Gear 4 just to break one of his armors, and he immediately sustained more injuries in a nameless attack than Doflamingo was able to give him during his fight in this form.

Circumstances allowed the Strawhats to escape, and Luffy to win his fights. But it's a fallacy to say that the Big Mom Pirates are weaker than the Beast Pirates. So far the Flying Six have been hyped but didn't showcase anything special in term of power, the Headliners save Hawkins have all been really weak. Like, a lot and the Calamities are powerful, but again, they lack versatility compared to the Sweet Commanders we have seen fighting.

For me, they are very much even.

You shouldn't be surprised about this opinion, given how long we have known each other on this forum and back on OJ, but I disagree with this view.

I do not think that the Beast Pirates are a more powerful or cooler crew than the BMP overall, and I certainely don't share this bashing of BM and the BMP because they were the first yonko crew encountered by the Straw Hats and that they faced only half of the Straw Hats, while ignoring that the Beast Pirates have their own set of quirks and of handicaps and that they are just as much victims of plot armor and plot induced stupidity than the BMP and the other antagonist organisations faced by the Straw Hats btw.

Besides while the Beast Pirates may focus on brute strength and violence the BMP have the advantage when it comes to useful abilities, creativity and versatility with their many food or fantasy-themed df that they use very well and with great creativity.

I view them as equal crews(both have big crews):you have yonkou on on both sides,then 3 calamities/3 SC,then Flying 5/4Veterans+Snack,then the numbers/BM pirates such as such Strausen,Tamago,Amande,Pekoms... and finally weaker headliners/rest of the BM kids

RH pirates are gonna be more impressive strength wise since they are a smaller crew.We yet have to see if Shanks has allied crews under him.

Something like this RH>BM/Beast pirates>Current BB pirates

As for the yonkou ranking Kaido~BM>Shanks>current BB

Last edited:
Yes. At this point i believe the quality of the Beast pirates fighters are better. The Big mom pirates have better characterization tho.

- Base Sanji didn't even look at Daifuku's genie, had his back completely turned towards his attacks and Daifuku still couldn't do shit. Sanji also send Oven, the most durable Charlotte, flying with a base kick that has left some marks on his face.
- Page one as the weakest or second weakest Tobi roppo fought Sanji with his power up, tanked several enhanced kicks, and still wasn't defeated.

Beast pirates as individual fighters >~BMP

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

Oven got trashed by cannon balls.

Katakuri and Perospero are the only ones that matter.
Oven getting trashed around was to highlight his tanky body
That's why he got run by a ship, shot by capone, kicked by Sanji (sneak attack) , ichiji (sneak attack)

Like I said

I dont give a damn about Beast pirates ever since WCI how Oda handled Yonko crew.

BMP most important players during WCI :
Kata /Pero /Mont D or /Oven
For BP during Wano arc, it will be : Kaido Jr, Jack , Who Who? Sasaki?

Queen fate is sealed, he's getting snack treatment soon.
King is basically background dude since his intro, even Marco/Shiryu have never been overshadowed by anyone from their crew.

I could be wrong ( because i'm not bothering to make matchups ) but i reckon they are close to each other in military power .

with Germa , Bege , Jinbe being on BMP side that is . but BMP lost all of them , also Zeus is in possesion of Nami

Beasts Pirates are going to lose more power too though . starting with Hawkins and Kyoshiro ( who turned out to be Denjiro ) , who knows next
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i'm lazy but let's see

Kaido > BM
King ~ Katakuri
Queen ~ Smoothie ( likely Queen is stronger considering the treatments Smoothie received )
Jack ~ Cracker
X Drake > Snack
Who's Who , Sasaki , Black Maria , Ulti , P1
~ Ichiji , Perospero , Daifuku , Oven , Compote

Hawkins Pirates , On Air Pirates incl. Apoo , 5 Numbers , Orochi's force ( Orochi , Denjiro , 2 other of his strongest men , Orochi Oniwabanshu , Yakuza , Mimawarigumi , 10.000 fodders ) , 20.000 Beasts Pirates fodders ( Waiters , Gifters , Elite Gifters , Pleasures ) , ~ 20 regular Headliners

3 Beasts Pirate battleships that faced the alliance recently , and Queen's and Jack's ships

vs
Germa , Firetank Pirates , Sun Pirates , Big Mom's 77 other kids , and who knows how many fodders

Queen Mama Chanter and other BMP ships

i think you can match up Orochi with Judge , just put them both at Snack's lvl .

Jinbe with Denjiro .

Niji , Reiju , Yonji , Bege vs Orochi's 2 strongest men and Apoo , Hawkins ( Ichiji is already helping out against F6 above )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya they look close to each other in military power .

Big Mom i guess have more fodders , but some Beasts Pirates fodders have DFs
( even though they failed )

Kaido edged out Big Mom in giant members , as he has 5 Numbers , while Big Mom has 1 if you count Decuplets as 1 when they fuse

I'd bet on Beasts Pirates to edge out .

but of course currently Beasts Pirates would defeat BMP quite soundly . Beasts Pirates have just lost Hawkins , Denjiro and Yakuza , while BMP lost Jinbe and Sun Pirates , Germa , Bege and Firetank Pirates , and Zeus ( one of Big Mom's 3 strongest Homies )

Not really actually, at least before Tea Party started.

While Calamities look more impressive than Sweet Commanders. Before Oda clowned the Big Mom Pirates post Tea Party, I found the Veterans to have more threatening vibes than the Flying Six.
Veterans have that First Son of Big Mom, Perospero. Then the mini Big Mom, Compote. Daifuku and Oven, the Muscular and Older Brothers Duo was also very solid.

Then Big Mom Pirates have that Enraged Army. That panel when they came to fight and capture post Cracker and Sanji fight Luffy. Then Yonji hyping them too, being led by Bobbin. While prior to this chapter, Beast Pirates mostly only have shitty designed members such as Holdem, Batman, and that Hippo guy in Udon.

S

Shuyaku

Oven getting trashed around was to highlight his tanky body
That's why he got run by a ship, shot by capone, kicked by Sanji (sneak attack) , ichiji (sneak attack)

Like I said

I dont give a damn about Beast pirates ever since WCI how Oda handled Yonko crew.

BMP most important players during WCI :
Kata /Pero /Mont D or /Oven
For BP during Wano arc, it will be : Kaido Jr, Jack , Who Who? Sasaki?

Queen fate is sealed, he's getting snack treatment soon.
King is basically background dude since his intro, even Marco/Shiryu have never been overshadowed by anyone from their crew.
Page One is seemingly one of the weaker flying six, and already proven a better tank than Oven despite having less plot relevance so far, Daifuku was never portrayed as anything superior to base Sanji either. And Compote is utterly useless. Hell, even the YC2 Smoothie is useless, meanwhile Queen already beat the shit out of the captain.

Doesn’t bode well for the Big Meme crew.

J

Jo_Ndule

Yes. At this point i believe the quality of the Beast pirates fighters are better. The Big mom piraten have better characterization tho.

- Base Sanji didn't even look at Daifuku's genie, had his back completely turned towards his attacks and Daifuku still couldn't do shit. Sanji also send Oven, the most durable Charlotte, flying with a base kick that has left some marks on his face.
- Page one as the weakest or second weakest Tobi roppo fought Sanji with his power up, tanked several enhanced kicks, and still wasn't defeated.

Beast pirates as individual fighters >~BMP
Sneak attack
Sanji never dominated any veteran 1v 1
He either landed a sneak attack and ran or got overpowered

Also Daifuku/Oven never went all out even

While RS Sanji gets To trash P1, he went hiatus for 2 weeks, ancient zoan
RS Ichiju pierced Oven yet Oven wasnt even down, he went to solo Fishmen pirates and damaged wadatsumi in process...

I like Kaido and Jack but beast pirates are gonna be looking meh
There is a reason why Oda brought Pero Daifuku in Wano.

I dont even wanna say a thing... Zoan Drake cant even damage base Sanji except a bruise lol

Wait for flyers feats...