Current Events Are you satisfied with the raid of Onigashima ?

How do you find the raid as an event and battle ?

• Awesome

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • It's great

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Underwhelming

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Bad, really bad

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Could be worse

• Good but something is missing

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • There are great things but most of it isn't good

• Total voters
Are you really satisfied with the story, the action and the use of the characters in this raid of Onigashima so far ? Do you find the battle to be well-written and exciting or do you find it to be underwhelming, or do you find that the action is good but the story not so much ?

What do you think of the raid with the battles on the roof against Kaido and Big Mom ? What do you think of it if the fights on the roof don't count ? Whose characters do you think are well used, which ones aren't treated very well in your opinion ?

What would have you changed to it ? How good do you think this raid is compared to Enies Lobby, Marineford, the fights under the Birdcage at Dressrosa and the Tea Party at Whole Cake Island ?

As long as we have Tama here I don't care about this raid. Oda can have Kaido and BM wreck everyone at the same time and it wont matter.

I have mixed feeling actually. This arc is lacking tension. When tama's ability was first introduced , i knew what is coming . Now it's happening I'm disappointed.

What would have you changed to it ?
I do not think about that.
we read a story. we do not write it. we do not get to choose in this.
kind of a philosophical question for me.
I would not change a story cause it would stop being the same story if I did.

if the battle is exciting?
yeah. I guess.
not that I care much for that, really. some turn of events were really unexpected and exciting. like Orochi losing his head.

how the roof battle is?
pretty good. its what I expected more or less.
Kaido and BM are too strong individually to fall to a single opponent.
Oda made the right choice to make it a group fight vs them.

compared to EL, MF or plotcage?
its better. like, way better.
EL was stupid as hell if you think about it. why not collectively rush to Robin, kill Spandam and leave.
there was about 0 incentive to get the keys. I oversimplify here of course, but you probably know what I mean.
MF was a complete shitshow in my opinion. WB pirates surprising the Marines with a well thought out plan and subsequently running into an idiotic trap... the list goes on. cba writing all out now.
plotcage was artificial suspense and never worked for me. especially with Issho there ready to step in at any moment.
Wano raid has more plot elements that were hard to prepare for or to forsee. bar some obvious PiS like BP not rooting out the SHs the moment they found out they were in the country etc.
all things considered I like Wano more. way more.

Honestly its sucks so far,to me the only positive thing in this war is the 9S vs Kaido,although Oda completely dropped the ball by not killing couple of them and when SNs are involved in action.

Hope that Oda get's his shit together and give as a cool Sanji fight.Can't tell yet if Jinbei vs Who's Who,Franki vs Sasaki will deliver.

Hate that Ussop and Nami are constantly running,the fight against Uliti and Page One is a gag fight.

Would be nice to see more from Heart's trio and Kids pirates(Heat and Wire).

Last edited:
It's nice so far despite as some people said the dragging Oda used to have chapter 1000 match with luffy's arrival on the rooftop.

There were still some stuff I didn't like and I wish the pace increased a bit inside the castle (the main fights should be set up faster and the fodders should be dealt with faster too).

I'd like to see the calamities in action, they are very underwhelming power level wise.

The fight on the rooftop is awesome so far despite Oda retconing Kaido's durability at time to allow Kidd to somehow not look too ridiculous.