Break Week Artur’s Return to the Reverie

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
(Feel free to move this elsewhere, mods...didn’t think it belonged in the actual manga section, but the call is yours to make.)

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/05/05/return-to-the-reverie-chapter-1/

Is anyone else reading Artur’s fanmade chapters, Return to the Reverie? I was skeptical at first because of my conflicted feelings towards him, but I just read the currently released ones, and I gotta say...beyond the art being a lot closer to the real thing than I expected, the way events are being portrayed/shown as feasibly canon is absolutely riveting. There are several things I could easily see as coming straight from Oda, if he cared about the finer details anymore. Curious to hear if any of y’all have an opinion on the project.

(Feel free to move this elsewhere, mods...didn’t think it belonged in the actual manga section, but the call is yours to make.)

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/05/05/return-to-the-reverie-chapter-1/

Is anyone else reading Artur’s fanmade chapters, Return to the Reverie? I was skeptical at first because of my conflicted feelings towards him, but I just read the currently released ones, and I gotta say...beyond the art being a lot closer to the real thing than I expected, the way events are being portrayed/shown as feasibly canon is absolutely riveting. There are several things I could easily see as coming straight from Oda, if he cared about the finer details anymore. Curious to hear if any of y’all have an opinion on the project.
right, it never hurts too see some one piece spin-off mangas, and this is super well-made 👍 fantastic

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I enjoyed it, but the twist of the last episode stumped me.

I am pretty sure that Rocks is confirmed to be dead and he would not be posing as the World Government leader at all. It would had been better if Imu is their own character and not just a persona of a long dead former rival of Gol D Roger.
Yeah, that felt a bit outlandish. Oda may be hesitant to kill off characters in the main storyline, but folks who died in the past are allowed to remain deceased.

What did you think about the True History? I thought it was a great melding of all the popular theories already out there, wonder how the author himself will top that.

Yeah, that felt a bit outlandish. Oda may be hesitant to kill off characters in the main storyline, but folks who died in the past are allowed to remain deceased.

What did you think about the True History? I thought it was a great melding of all the popular theories already out there, wonder how the author himself will top that.
Many parts of it felt quite plausible. The entire story of Umi and JoyBoy, it felt quite natural and would make sense as to why the Gorosei wanted a great cleansing of the past. People can say "Naruto did it first", but ancient prophecies and reincarnations been a thing in shonen for a long time. JoyBoy being a figure that wants true peace among all races felt quite refreshing, which did line up well with his promise with the Fishmen and Noah years ago.

While I have my doubts on Earth Kings, we may never know in canon what those beings in the Florian Triangle are unless Oda feels like spilling the beans. Momo being Uranus does add up as his ability to have the Voice of All Things to speak with Zunisha is quite similar to Shirahoshi with her command of the Sea Kings.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Many parts of it felt quite plausible. The entire story of Umi and JoyBoy, it felt quite natural and would make sense as to why the Gorosei wanted a great cleansing of the past. People can say "Naruto did it first", but ancient prophecies and reincarnations been a thing in shonen for a long time. JoyBoy being a figure that wants true peace among all races felt quite refreshing, which did line up well with his promise with the Fishmen and Noah years ago.

While I have my doubts on Earth Kings, we may never know in canon what those beings in the Florian Triangle are unless Oda feels like spilling the beans. Momo being Uranus does add up as his ability to have the Voice of All Things to speak with Zunisha is quite similar to Shirahoshi with her command of the Sea Kings.
The Earth Kings bit WAS pretty cool in my opinion, tying it into whatever the hell that is in the Florian Triangle was a nice touch. Speaking of the Gorosei, thought their slate of powers was interesting, wonder if they’ll end up being that powerful whenever we get their full reveal in the canon.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I didn't see this thread before.

I really liked the art and some parts of it. Wasn't too big of a fan of the final reveal though.
I think it fit well with what Artur was clearly going for, but it wouldn’t be the wisest decision in the canon. Loved the confrontation between Imu and Dragon and the nature of Bonney’s connection to Kuma, but again, some big swings were taken the whole way through to varying degrees of efficacy.

The Earth Kings bit WAS pretty cool in my opinion, tying it into whatever the hell that is in the Florian Triangle was a nice touch. Speaking of the Gorosei, thought their slate of powers was interesting, wonder if they’ll end up being that powerful whenever we get their full reveal in the canon.
The Gorosei honestly got to be strong as they are not just political leaders, but clearly powerful people. Most of them should be masters of all form of Haki, maybe some with their own Devil Fruit. They have enough hype to justify them not being just frail old men.

I thought it is well done overall but I can't help but notice, with the mother sea (Umi) reveal to be the villain in the second version of the void century story, they lose the explanation as to why devil fruit users can't swim isn't it? or did I miss something?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It was good, they combined most of theories and made it into a convincing story. Mostly well done. :akaman:

It would be evn harder to go through these borring weakly chapters nw, lol:seriously:
You said a mouthful with that second sentence, man...the real Reverie arc was such a welcome change of pace after the slog of WCI, and the tastes sprinkled throughout Wano have kept me going as that arc dips in places. Might have to reread this whole thing in one sitting today just to keep the hype up.

I thought it is well done overall but I can't help but notice, with the mother sea (Umi) reveal to be the villain in the second version of the void century story, they lose the explanation as to why devil fruit users can't swim isn't it? or did I miss something?
I think they justified it by saying DF users couldn’t fight back against the progenitor of their powers, and since she represents the sea, that makes the actual water deadly as they have no way to thrive in her element.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It's certainly better than my own "fifty gears of luffy" fanfic, lol.

How come?
I think he's a pretty chill guy, tho' it's been a year since I heard from him...
Don’t get me wrong - the analysis and independent/original content he provides is second to none in this fandom. I think because of that, he gets a little arrogant in his usual boisterous way, and I don’t think he came off well when he criticized the official English translator (who I like after listening to the OP podcast he regularly appears on). Like him in many ways, but not all.
Post automatically merged:

Also, @Dr. Spook, you gonna drop a link to that fanfic, or...?

Tbh, I enjoyed reading this story.
Haven't read it before although sometimes I visit Artur's blog.
Thanks for sharing, @Jew D. Boy .
:cheers:

Eventhough I can see some plot hole (or at least, incomplete explanation), but the story itself is interesting and twisted my mind.
It also heightened my hope for actual, canon story.

I really hope Oda will deliver at least an equally interesting story yet more coherent than this.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Tbh, I enjoyed reading this story.
Haven't read it before although sometimes I visit Artur's blog.
Thanks for sharing, @Jew D. Boy .
:cheers:

Eventhough I can see some plot hole (or at least, incomplete explanation), but the story itself is interesting and twisted my mind.
It also heightened my hope for actual, canon story.

I really hope Oda will deliver at least an equally interesting story yet more coherent than this.
There are definitely some problems with it...but, hell, we could honestly say the same thing about how the actual manga has gone the last few years. Like I said above, Oda might have a bit of a tough time topping this. Glad you checked it out and enjoyed yourself! :myman: