Rules Assassin Game Guide

• An AG is an rpg in which roles, with varying goals, are assigned by a GM.
  • Most games usually have many different kinds of victory, much like the different levels of fatality in Mortal Kombat XD.
  • A theme/setting is often selected. E.g. One Piece AGs tend to be very flavour heavy, more so than mafia.
  • A basic AG has civilians and assassins. Civilians are good guys. The equivalent of Town in MG. They usually have no idea who their teammates are and have to find them. Assassins are bad guys. The equivalent of Mafia in MG. They know each other from the start of the game. The Civilians are usually divided into warring factions that must defeat each other AND the Assassins in order to win whereas the Assassins have to reach parity with the Civs.
  • Unlike Mafia Games, there is no 'Day' phase and 'Night' phase. Each day (usually) lasts 24 hours and all the players can send in their abilities, regardless of their faction. Also, there is a separate Voting Thread, where you can vote for a player to be lynched (killed). Lastly, private messaging is usually allowed for all players.

• Ability Tree - A list of all the active abilities in the game and the order in which they occur.
  • AG - Assassin Game
  • Assassin – The one(s) killing people. STOP THEM! If you are them <.< avoid suspicion.
  • Codename - An alias for your Role that in the DP. Protecting your character name is often important in AGs and so each character is given a creative nickname by the GM in the DP.
  • Civilian – The uninformed masses who are being picked off by assassins.
  • DP – Daily Post by GM with all the events of the day. Here lies all the clues you’ll need to crack the game.
  • DT – Discussion Thread, for all your public rambling needs =D
  • GM – Game Master
  • GMV – Gets My Vote. To be placed after the name of the person you’re voting to lynch.
  • Inactive – Player who doesn’t meet the activity requirements.
  • Lurker – Player who makes bare activity requirements, but lurks in the DT and doesn’t post or PM much.
  • Lynch – Vote off that assassin! Or that guy nobody likes XD
  • Ping – target unknowns to see their role in the DP.
  • PM Protocol – How to title your private messages to the GM so that their inbox doesn’t become chaotic.
  • Role Gathering – Finding the roles of all the players in the game o3o like a detective! You usually get this by revealing your own role.
  • Sheep – A frowned upon form of voting where you simply vote for the person with the most votes already to quickly fulfil your activity requirement.
  • MVP – Most Valuable Player, an award given to the member of the winning faction who the GM felt was the most influential in winning the game.
  • VT – Voting Thread, for all your voting needs.

• Read the DPs, the DT, PM others, DISCUSS!! Information is your only currency in an AG. Make sure you have lots of it.
  • Be distrustful! <.< Assume everyone in an assassin until proven otherwise. Keep in mind though, that others will be distrustful of you as well, so you also have to prove that you’re one of the good guys.
  • WORK TOGETHER! You’ll never win against the enemy unless you find your fellow civs and team up. You have strength in numbers. NEVER SOLO.
  • If you think you’re about to die, have an information bomb with everything you know ready. Drop that sucker in the DT! If you think it may put your faction in jeopardy, then at least PM it to all your confirmed allies.
  • If you are getting lynched, make it publicly known that you are a civilian. Be adamant. Hopefully people will change their votes.

• MURDER!!!! Kill anyone you think is smart. Kill anyone who may know your role. Keep the masses uninformed!
  • BLEND IN! If someone PMs you, PM them back, just don’t tell them who you are <.< DUH. Lie whenever necessary, but be careful not to get caught in a lie. Don’t let them find you! Avoid attention.
  • WORK TOGETHER! You have to plan carefully with your fellow killers to ensure the path to victory.
  • BE ACTIVE! You are in a minority. The game will be unbalanced if you’re not around to kill. It’ll ruin the mechanics OTL
  • If you are discovered and they’re all lynching you, LIE! Claim to be a civilian or a neutral. Lie until the bitter end. I’ve seen people change their minds many times.

• Don’t lie.
  • Survive dammit! That’s all you’ve got to do. Make a truce with the civs and the assassins so that they don’t kill you.

1. Read all the rules, notes, mechanics, and announcements posted by the GM.
2. All Worst Gen / Section rules apply.
3. GM is Almighty. Respect my authority.
4. If you cause disruption in the game, ruin the mechanics, are disrespectful to me or to the other players, and/or dare to do something that will stop the fun of the game for others on purpose, you shall be GM killed outright.
5. This is a PM game, meaning you are allowed to talk to fellow players in private, outside of the Discussion Thread (DT). Please enable your PM in order to play.
6. You are not allowed to quote or screen shot any PMs from the GM. Revealing the contents of your Role Sheet is allowed, but no screenshots of RS, or forwarding of the GM’s quoted PM with your RS is allowed. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be GM killed.
7. Be active by making 1 non-spam post in the DT, voting, AND using an ability EVERY DAY (meaning a single 24 hour period).
Failure to post in the DT = -10HP
Failure to vote = -20HP
Failure to use an ability = -20HP
So if you are completely inactive you lose 50HP!
8. The dead do not talk. You cannot post in the DT, VT or PM other players about the game until it is over. Dead means dead. If you are displeased with anything, please wait until the end of the game to discuss.
9. Play towards your win conditions. No good shall come from trolling.
10. Rules, notes, and mechanics are all subject to change.

1. Each player starts the game with 100HP. You cannot have more than 100HP unless stated otherwise in your RS. When you reach 0HP, you die immediately.
2. Each player will receive a Role Sheet (RS) detailing their abilities.
3. You can only use one active ability a day unless stated otherwise in your RS.
4. You can change the target of your ability(s) as much as you like.
5. If you have multiple abilities, you can change which one(s) to use as much as you like.
6. Abilities are not time or random number generator (rng) based. Instead, they follow a priority basis detailed above in the Ability Tree. What this means is that all abilities of the same kind, or of equal priority, should work.
7. To use your active(s) simply PM me who you want to use your ability on using the appropriate PM protocol to title your PM.
8. At the end of the day, a Daily Post (DP) will be published, detailing the events of day.
9. If you can’t find your codename in the DP or you notice that a mistake has been made, please inform me as soon as possible so that it can be edited.
10. Game ends when Great Victory or higher is achieved. See your RS for details.

Example of a One Piece AG DP:

The crashing of angry waves beating against the red line only helped to increase the unease that permeated the night. Birds continued to squawk ceaselessly, as if in terror, long past the hours that they’d usually be cooing in their nests. The fireflies that had once abated the darkness of night lay dead in the sand, along with the fallen victims of the notorious Blackbeard Pirates. They had invaded marine headquarters on a mission of blood.

“Fools! Who do you think the Marines are?! This land is ours! The Marines will guard this area!” cried The Freaky Sex Act. The Marines fought tooth and nail with the enemy and finally, The Virgin Lover was cornered. "It's as good a time as any... Time to bring this era to its "conclusion".

But the conclusion was only the beginning.

“Zehahahaha! A man’s dream will never die,” said The Virgin Lover “but there are no guarantees for a man” he thought to himself.

Suddenly an eerie darkness, darker than the night itself, swallowed up The Freaky Sex Act, trapping him in despair. Then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping everything in its path apart. The Freaky Sex Act’s body was torn into pieces.

A Marine [Garp The Fist, The Freaky Sex Act] is dead.

The Blackbeard Pirates then set their sights on the Sabaody Archipelago where all the members of the Worst Generation had gathered. They were going to kill them all. The mission of blood knew no bounds.

“No one can stop me now. I’ll destroy everything! I’ll swallow this entire world up,” declared The Virgin Lover “This is my age!”

The message was broadcast throughout the entire area via transponder snails. Many began to flee in panic, but the Supernova stood their ground. In the face of this declaration of war, they banded together, determined to overcome the enemy…

...but the effort was in vain.

“Virgin Lover, know thy place!” proclaimed The Stallion, “I am the one who will rid the world of the worst generation who stole the spotlight away from me! Your threat means nothing. The shouts of people with no resolve are nothing but background noise!” This genius of the sword took up his blade and charged at The Virgin Lover, but he was just swallowed up by darkness. As he began to sink in desperation, The People Eater tried to save him. He grabbed The Stallion’s arm and tried to pull him out of the darkness by force.

“Ugh, stubborn guy! What the hell, let go!!” cried The People Eater as he frantically pulled to no avail.

“Zehahahaha!” The Virgin Lover just laughed. He took sadistic pleasure in their anguish.

“You’re the stubborn one! Let go! Save yourself, we’re not even comrades,” pleaded The Stallion.

The People Eater screamed, “So what!! Men who have fought together are ‘comrades’!! Even if I were scum, I wouldn’t let a friend die without helping!!”

It was a touching sentiment, but it did not delay the inevitable. The People Eater got sucked into the darkness along with the Stallion, then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping their bodies apart and together they perished.

A Supernova [Cavendish of the White Horse, The Stallion] is dead.
A Supernova [Bartolomeo the Cannibal, The People Eater] is dead.

These unprecedented events sent shock waves throughout the world. Be it Marine or Pirate, no one was safe from the Blackbeard Pirates.

An example of a very simple RS from a beginner friendly OP AG:

Role: Gol D. Roger

Codename: The Gold Digger

Faction: Legends

Abilities

Active:

1. Kamusari - Attack 1 player. [50 HP]

2. Voice of All Things - Protect 1 player.

Passive:

1. I’m not turning myself in just yet - You are investigation immune.

2. Pirate King - Your vote is worth 2.

Victory Goals

Faction: Eliminate the Strawhats.

Personal: Find Portgas D. Ace. Attack Monkey D. Luffy.

Survival: Survive until the end of the game.

Great: Survive until the end of the game while eliminating all the assassins.

Ultimate: Eliminate all the Assassins and ensure that one other member of your faction survives along with you.

Supreme: Make sure you and all members of your faction survive until the end of the game while eliminating all the assassins.

I hope this makes you interested in Assassin Games I will be hosting a AGs here sometime in the future. See my about me on my profile to learn more about me. It may seem similar to Super Role Madness Mafia on paper but some mechanics of the game allow it to unfold completely differently than mafia.

EDIT: Okay I was not used to the formatting here. Will fix that at some later point in time. Okay I hoped I fixed it. ._.

Last edited:
I was just wondering why did you post a guide out of the blue
Cuz I was invited to host here. I don't have the time to do it rn as I'm hosting a HxH themed Custom Game rn that I made up and playing mafia at the same time. After that I'm sure I'm going to have massive burnout, but I didn't want to forget to do this after a month's time and I know there will be people here who know me, have played my games, and can raise awareness around it before I get back XD.

Emil

Certified Memelord
  • An AG is an rpg in which roles, with varying goals, are assigned by a GM.
  • Most games usually have many different kinds of victory, much like the different levels of fatality in Mortal Kombat XD.
  • A theme/setting is often selected. E.g. One Piece AGs tend to be very flavour heavy, more so than mafia.
  • A basic AG has civilians and assassins. Civilians are good guys. The equivalent of Town in MG. They usually have no idea who their teammates are and have to find them. Assassins are bad guys. The equivalent of Mafia in MG. They know each other from the start of the game. The Civilians are usually divided into warring factions that must defeat each other AND the Assassins in order to win whereas the Assassins have to reach parity with the Civs.
  • Unlike Mafia Games, there is no 'Day' phase and 'Night' phase. Each day (usually) lasts 24 hours and all the players can send in their abilities, regardless of their faction. Also, there is a separate Voting Thread, where you can vote for a player to be lynched (killed). Lastly, private messaging is usually allowed for all players.

• Ability Tree - A list of all the active abilities in the game and the order in which they occur.
  • AG - Assassin Game
  • Assassin – The one(s) killing people. STOP THEM! If you are them <.< avoid suspicion.
  • Codename - An alias for your Role that in the DP. Protecting your character name is often important in AGs and so each character is given a creative nickname by the GM in the DP.
  • Civilian – The uninformed masses who are being picked off by assassins.
  • DP – Daily Post by GM with all the events of the day. Here lies all the clues you’ll need to crack the game.
  • DT – Discussion Thread, for all your public rambling needs =D
  • GM – Game Master
  • GMV – Gets My Vote. To be placed after the name of the person you’re voting to lynch.
  • Inactive – Player who doesn’t meet the activity requirements.
  • Lurker – Player who makes bare activity requirements, but lurks in the DT and doesn’t post or PM much.
  • Lynch – Vote off that assassin! Or that guy nobody likes XD
  • Ping – target unknowns to see their role in the DP.
  • PM Protocol – How to title your private messages to the GM so that their inbox doesn’t become chaotic.
  • Role Gathering – Finding the roles of all the players in the game o3o like a detective! You usually get this by revealing your own role.
  • Sheep – A frowned upon form of voting where you simply vote for the person with the most votes already to quickly fulfil your activity requirement.
  • MVP – Most Valuable Player, an award given to the member of the winning faction who the GM felt was the most influential in winning the game.
  • VT – Voting Thread, for all your voting needs.

• Read the DPs, the DT, PM others, DISCUSS!! Information is your only currency in an AG. Make sure you have lots of it.
  • Be distrustful! <.< Assume everyone in an assassin until proven otherwise. Keep in mind though, that others will be distrustful of you as well, so you also have to prove that you’re one of the good guys.
  • WORK TOGETHER! You’ll never win against the enemy unless you find your fellow civs and team up. You have strength in numbers. NEVER SOLO.
  • If you think you’re about to die, have an information bomb with everything you know ready. Drop that sucker in the DT! If you think it may put your faction in jeopardy, then at least PM it to all your confirmed allies.
  • If you are getting lynched, make it publicly known that you are a civilian. Be adamant. Hopefully people will change their votes.

• MURDER!!!! Kill anyone you think is smart. Kill anyone who may know your role. Keep the masses uninformed!
  • BLEND IN! If someone PMs you, PM them back, just don’t tell them who you are <.< DUH. Lie whenever necessary, but be careful not to get caught in a lie. Don’t let them find you! Avoid attention.
  • WORK TOGETHER! You have to plan carefully with your fellow killers to ensure the path to victory.
  • BE ACTIVE! You are in a minority. The game will be unbalanced if you’re not around to kill. It’ll ruin the mechanics OTL
  • If you are discovered and they’re all lynching you, LIE! Claim to be a civilian or a neutral. Lie until the bitter end. I’ve seen people change their minds many times.

• Don’t lie.
  • Survive dammit! That’s all you’ve got to do. Make a truce with the civs and the assassins so that they don’t kill you.

1. Read all the rules, notes, mechanics, and announcements posted by the GM.
2. All Worst Gen / Section rules apply.
3. GM is Almighty. Respect my authority.
4. If you cause disruption in the game, ruin the mechanics, are disrespectful to me or to the other players, and/or dare to do something that will stop the fun of the game for others on purpose, you shall be GM killed outright.
5. This is a PM game, meaning you are allowed to talk to fellow players in private, outside of the Discussion Thread (DT). Please enable your PM in order to play.
6. You are not allowed to quote or screen shot any PMs from the GM. Revealing the contents of your Role Sheet is allowed, but no screenshots of RS, or forwarding of the GM’s quoted PM with your RS is allowed. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be GM killed.
7. Be active by making 1 non-spam post in the DT, voting, AND using an ability EVERY DAY (meaning a single 24 hour period).
Failure to post in the DT = -10HP
Failure to vote = -20HP
Failure to use an ability = -20HP
So if you are completely inactive you lose 50HP!
8. The dead do not talk. You cannot post in the DT, VT or PM other players about the game until it is over. Dead means dead. If you are displeased with anything, please wait until the end of the game to discuss.
9. Play towards your win conditions. No good shall come from trolling.
10. Rules, notes, and mechanics are all subject to change.

1. Each player starts the game with 100HP. You cannot have more than 100HP unless stated otherwise in your RS. When you reach 0HP, you die immediately.
2. Each player will receive a Role Sheet (RS) detailing their abilities.
3. You can only use one active ability a day unless stated otherwise in your RS.
4. You can change the target of your ability(s) as much as you like.
5. If you have multiple abilities, you can change which one(s) to use as much as you like.
6. Abilities are not time or random number generator (rng) based. Instead, they follow a priority basis detailed above in the Ability Tree. What this means is that all abilities of the same kind, or of equal priority, should work.
7. To use your active(s) simply PM me who you want to use your ability on using the appropriate PM protocol to title your PM.
8. At the end of the day, a Daily Post (DP) will be published, detailing the events of day.
9. If you can’t find your codename in the DP or you notice that a mistake has been made, please inform me as soon as possible so that it can be edited.
10. Game ends when Great Victory or higher is achieved. See your RS for details.

Example of a One Piece AG DP:

The crashing of angry waves beating against the red line only helped to increase the unease that permeated the night. Birds continued to squawk ceaselessly, as if in terror, long past the hours that they’d usually be cooing in their nests. The fireflies that had once abated the darkness of night lay dead in the sand, along with the fallen victims of the notorious Blackbeard Pirates. They had invaded marine headquarters on a mission of blood.

“Fools! Who do you think the Marines are?! This land is ours! The Marines will guard this area!” cried The Freaky Sex Act. The Marines fought tooth and nail with the enemy and finally, The Virgin Lover was cornered. "It's as good a time as any... Time to bring this era to its "conclusion".

But the conclusion was only the beginning.

“Zehahahaha! A man’s dream will never die,” said The Virgin Lover “but there are no guarantees for a man” he thought to himself.

Suddenly an eerie darkness, darker than the night itself, swallowed up The Freaky Sex Act, trapping him in despair. Then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping everything in its path apart. The Freaky Sex Act’s body was torn into pieces.

A Marine [Garp The Fist, The Freaky Sex Act] is dead.

The Blackbeard Pirates then set their sights on the Sabaody Archipelago where all the members of the Worst Generation had gathered. They were going to kill them all. The mission of blood knew no bounds.

“No one can stop me now. I’ll destroy everything! I’ll swallow this entire world up,” declared The Virgin Lover “This is my age!”

The message was broadcast throughout the entire area via transponder snails. Many began to flee in panic, but the Supernova stood their ground. In the face of this declaration of war, they banded together, determined to overcome the enemy…

...but the effort was in vain.

“Virgin Lover, know thy place!” proclaimed The Stallion, “I am the one who will rid the world of the worst generation who stole the spotlight away from me! Your threat means nothing. The shouts of people with no resolve are nothing but background noise!” This genius of the sword took up his blade and charged at The Virgin Lover, but he was just swallowed up by darkness. As he began to sink in desperation, The People Eater tried to save him. He grabbed The Stallion’s arm and tried to pull him out of the darkness by force.

“Ugh, stubborn guy! What the hell, let go!!” cried The People Eater as he frantically pulled to no avail.

“Zehahahaha!” The Virgin Lover just laughed. He took sadistic pleasure in their anguish.

“You’re the stubborn one! Let go! Save yourself, we’re not even comrades,” pleaded The Stallion.

The People Eater screamed, “So what!! Men who have fought together are ‘comrades’!! Even if I were scum, I wouldn’t let a friend die without helping!!”

It was a touching sentiment, but it did not delay the inevitable. The People Eater got sucked into the darkness along with the Stallion, then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping their bodies apart and together they perished.

A Supernova [Cavendish of the White Horse, The Stallion] is dead.
A Supernova [Bartolomeo the Cannibal, The People Eater] is dead.

These unprecedented events sent shock waves throughout the world. Be it Marine or Pirate, no one was safe from the Blackbeard Pirates.

An example of a very simple RS from a beginner friendly OP AG:

Role: Gol D. Roger

Codename: The Gold Digger

Faction: Legends

Abilities

Active:

1. Kamusari - Attack 1 player. [50 HP]

2. Voice of All Things - Protect 1 player.

Passive:

1. I’m not turning myself in just yet - You are investigation immune.

2. Pirate King - Your vote is worth 2.

Victory Goals

Faction: Eliminate the Strawhats.

Personal: Find Portgas D. Ace. Attack Monkey D. Luffy.

Survival: Survive until the end of the game.

Great: Survive until the end of the game while eliminating all the assassins.

Ultimate: Eliminate all the Assassins and ensure that one other member of your faction survives along with you.

Supreme: Make sure you and all members of your faction survive until the end of the game while eliminating all the assassins.

I hope this makes you interested in Assassin Games I will be hosting a AGs here sometime in the future. See my about me on my profile to learn more about me. It may seem similar to Super Role Madness Mafia on paper but some mechanics of the game allow it to unfold completely differently than mafia.

EDIT: Okay I was not used to the formatting here. Will fix that at some later point in time. Okay I hoped I fixed it. ._.
heeyyy ur here
its ekko

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
It's a text-based forum game that, while sharing similarities to Mafia, isn't exactly the same. In Assassin Game's, hereby shortened to AG, action resolution is given greater focus, and the idea is to utilise discussion, and various clues from the writeups, to figure out who is on your team, and who is against you. If you're familiar with the concept of OroJackson's "Regular" Mafia, it's sort of similar to that, except the hints aren't given away freely and discussion is treated with far more respect. For anything else, the OP is a pretty useful resource at informing exactly what AG is.

Ratchet

I only know "Assassin in the Palace" and you guys will soon see such a thing.
I've talked with Nika before about this, and I believe AG actually predates Assassins in the Palace. On the note of Assassins in the Palace, though, I have some interesting ideas on a setup using that concept, so if you're interested in co-hosting, shoot me a PM somewhere and we can hash it out.

Emil

Certified Memelord
its similar to aries games where u shoot actions to find who ppl r based on writeups

but the game and ratio compositions are different with different rules regarding chat not being restricted at your own risk

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
This seems interesting.

But alas

The user disappeared shortly after

This seems interesting.

But alas

The user disappeared shortly after
I actually forgot my password and didn't realise it was so easy to reset it. I'll be back for the summer. If there aren't too many games cued I would love to host one here.

I've talked with Nika before about this, and I believe AG actually predates Assassins in the Palace. On the note of Assassins in the Palace, though, I have some interesting ideas on a setup using that concept, so if you're interested in co-hosting, shoot me a PM somewhere and we can hash it out.
do you wanna co-host the Liar Game set up? If not, I do want to just host an AG here regardless. Maybe do 2-3 games before disappearing again until December. I have some set-ups that I dont think anyone has played here or that I could tweak that would be nice to redo. The themes I'm interested rn are a twist on Pandemic at the Disco, rehosting Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood as is, or creating a new one surrounding the Depp v. Heard trial.

Ratchet

I actually forgot my password and didn't realise it was so easy to reset it. I'll be back for the summer. If there aren't too many games cued I would love to host one here.

do you wanna co-host the Liar Game set up? If not, I do want to just host an AG here regardless. Maybe do 2-3 games before disappearing again until December. I have some set-ups that I dont think anyone has played here or that I could tweak that would be nice to redo. The themes I'm interested rn are a twist on Pandemic at the Disco, rehosting Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood as is, or creating a new one surrounding the Depp v. Heard trial.
Probably host something beginner-esque first, and then we can host Liar Game over Xmas time once people are more versed with it.

Probably host something beginner-esque first, and then we can host Liar Game over Xmas time once people are more versed with it.
I can make the Depp v Heard beginner friendly
Is there like a cue for this sort of this X-X or do I just make a sign up thread and start XD