Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato had two dreams if I'm not mistaking; opening Wanos borders (check) and voyaging the seas. The second dream of hers seems odd if she's going to join the crew since it's pretty much set in stone that the Strawhats will achieve their goals come the end of the series. We have probably 2-3 islands left until the end which shouldn't last the crew more than a couple months (if even that)......doesn't seem like much of a voyage honestly. Every Strawhat will have that moment of realizing their goals, it'll be the most emotional and important moment for these characters, but for Yamato.....what will that be?. If her dream was something like "freeing the world from it's (metaphorical) borders" as like a grander version of what Odens dream for Wano was then I would be behind her joining no problem but as it stands Yamato not only doesn't have a character arc, but she doesn't even really have a proper dream.

Yamato had two dreams if I'm not mistaking; opening Wanos borders (check) and voyaging the seas. The second dream of hers seems odd if she's going to join the crew since it's pretty much set in stone that the Strawhats will achieve their goals come the end of the series. We have probably 2-3 islands left until the end which shouldn't last the crew more than a couple months (if even that)......doesn't seem like much of a voyage honestly. Every Strawhat will have that moment of realizing their goals, it'll be the most emotional and important moment for these characters, but for Yamato.....what will that be?. If her dream was something like "freeing the world from it's (metaphorical) borders" as like a grander version of what Odens dream for Wano was then I would be behind her joining no problem but as it stands Yamato not only doesn't have a character arc, but she doesn't even really have a proper dream.
same for jinbe then

Status
Not open for further replies.