Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubblerust

@rubblerust Its late as I forgot about making it before, but I made the meme I mentioned in response to you!

:cheers::funky:

Tagging @Mr. Reloaded @Pot Goblin @Peroroncino @Roo @Jailer (I need to respond to your theory thread you tagged me in too) @Kefka @gamaran @solis and idk who else right now lmao. Too tired to think.
Cool!

Seriously though, the way Oda's treated Carrot since WCI is almost cruel. Even this chapter where she's asked to become ruler, the way she responds without thinking makes her look ditzy and shallow.

Going from designing and introducing her, coming up with a back story, then neglecting her, having her take insults and defeat, and then unceremoniously dumping her like that. Somewhere in the middle Oda made a sharp turn. Maybe it does have to do with Naito.

G

Gorosei Informer

Cool!

Seriously though, the way Oda's treated Carrot since WCI is almost cruel. Even this chapter where she's asked to become ruler, the way she responds without thinking makes her look ditzy and shallow.

Going from designing and introducing her, coming up with a back story, then neglecting her, having her take insults and defeat, and then unceremoniously dumping her like that. Somewhere in the middle Oda made a sharp turn. Maybe it does have to do with Naito.
I've really felt its due to Naito or so. He's just been so weirdly malicious with her. Theres one thing of not knowing what to do with her but as you said, the way he handled her in this arc and thus what happened with Perospero feels so deliberately malicious. His writing for her has gotten extremely weird/illogical.

I've really felt its due to Naito or so. He's just been so weirdly malicious with her. Theres one thing of not knowing what to do with her but as you said, the way he handled her in this arc and thus what happened with Perospero feels so deliberately malicious. His writing for her has gotten extremely weird/illogical.
Oda has been a bit trapped with this character. He probably planned nothing for her. Carrot was just Naito's fap material, so he pushed Oda to insert her in his story. Now that Naito is not the manga anymore, Oda doesn't how to deal with her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.