Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppercore

(☝◞‸◟)☞ 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚙
Yeah there was a flying prison in that too but it was mentioned recently, that they had an idea for Film Red to involve, a sky version of Impel Down too:

https://www.animesenpai.net/rejecte...iece-film-red-shared-by-movies-scriptwriters/

Rejected Ideas of Film Red

Recently, Eiichiro Oda and the scriptwriters of One Piece Film Red let the people know of countless ideas that came to their minds during the scriptwriting of the film. Some of these ideas are pretty appealing, and some are surprisingly unexpected. Here are some ideas that they quoted.

One Piece Film Red was originally thought to be centered around the return of Enel (The antagonist of the Skypiea Arc). But it was rejected by most people in the meeting instantly, so, it was scrapped
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a prison break film for rescuing Mr. 2 (more commonly known as Bon-chan). The prison break would be from “Impel Down” where he was captured when he created a way for Luffy and other prisoner pirates to escape. Uta was supposed to arrive at this prison and comfort the prisoners, who were going berserk. This idea was rejected by the movie’s scriptwriter.
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a “Time Travel” themed movie where Luffy travels back in time to meet a younger Shanks. The idea was rejected by one side of the meeting and caused a collision between the two sides of the meeting. It was scraped ultimately.
One Piece Film red was supposed to be a story involving an academy where people with devil fruits are trained and one of these people will have a time-traveling devil fruit that will help Luffy in time traveling. But the difference this time would be that he would be meeting the previous owner of the Gomu-Gomu fruit (which might have been Joyboy). This idea was also scrapped, maybe because it would have spoiled something major about the ending of the series.
One Piece Film Red was also supposed to have major villains like Doflamingo and Crocodile, as requested by Oda himself. But he was rejected by the script-writer of the film as he wanted to focus on just the story of Uta and Shanks and how their relationship progressed. Oda’s main idea behind this request was to create an all-star film that had major characters, just like One Piece Stampede.
Uta was supposed to have book-related devil fruit and she would capture everyone in a book world. But it was scrapped as Charlotte Mont-d’Or already has this devil fruit (Book-Book fruit). The director of the film suggested a song-related devil fruit after this argument, which was accepted.
Uta’s character design was first considered as an opera singer, with Elegia focusing on being an orchestral stage. Her design was also suggested to be a country girl with a guitar, but, as pop idols are pretty popular in Japan right now, they agreed on a pop-idol design.
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a story involving Luffy, Bartolomeo, and Law fighting human-like ships. This was scrapped because of its simplicity.

Inspirations for the Real Film Red

Although these ideas might not have been considered a possible plot of the movie, they inspired some ideas for the original movie.

When the idea of Uta arriving at Impel Down was given, an idea was suggested that Uta will use her devil fruit to control all prisoners and break out of the prison, to rule the world. This led to the decision of how the personality of Uta will be possessive and selfish, just like in the original movie.
When the idea of fighting human-like ships was given, Oda suggested creating a human-like creature for the Straw Hats’ ship The Golden Sunny. This led to the origin of Sunny-kun which is a human-like creature of The Golden Sunny, that appears in the movie.
Oda bragging about One Piece’s World-building

When the meeting for the ideas of One Piece Film Red ended, the scriptwriter of the movie explained Oda’s message to them. He said that Oda was so confident in the world-building of the series that even if the plot was centered around the Straw Hats traveling to Space, it would not have been enough to collapse the world-building of the series.

Anything can happen in One Piece, even something like going to space could be possible
> One Piece Film red was supposed to be a story involving an academy where people with devil fruits are trained and one of these people will have a time-traveling devil fruit that will help Luffy in time traveling. But the difference this time would be that he would be meeting the previous owner of the Gomu-Gomu fruit (which might have been Joyboy). This idea was also scrapped, maybe because it would have spoiled something major about the ending of the series.

INTERESTING

G

Gorosei Informer

Oh, that's neat. Liked the Enel idea, too.
Yeah there are some fantastic ideas here, I would have loved to see some of them implemented somehow but stuff like the Enel and Bon Clay storylines, I would much rather have in the manga and thus canon regardless.

I'm hoping Oda rejected these ideas because he's planning to utilise them in the manga sooner or later! *copium intensifies*

:neesama::pepeshy::jackcopium::pepecopium:

Yeah there are some fantastic ideas here, I would have loved to see some of them implemented somehow but stuff like the Enel and Bon Clay storylines, I would much rather have in the manga and thus canon regardless.

I'm hoping Oda rejected these ideas because he's planning to utilise them in the manga sooner or later! *copium intensifies*

:neesama::pepeshy::jackcopium::pepecopium:
I have a small theory that during the Big War, Blackbeard will raid Impel Down again for more recruits, and hopefully Bon Clay can escape for good at that time.

G

Gorosei Informer

> One Piece Film red was supposed to be a story involving an academy where people with devil fruits are trained and one of these people will have a time-traveling devil fruit that will help Luffy in time traveling. But the difference this time would be that he would be meeting the previous owner of the Gomu-Gomu fruit (which might have been Joyboy). This idea was also scrapped, maybe because it would have spoiled something major about the ending of the series.

INTERESTING
Holy fuck, I don't remember seeing that last line mentioned before, I originally heard about these from Ohara Artur (Whose cedibility of speaking Japanese is questionable/unknown) and honestly I was skeptical about these, partially because Artur D Unhealthily Obsessed With One Piece and Harbinger of Misinformation Apparently was the one I saw reporting about these initially too.

I seriously hope there is no backwards time travel in One Piece and I've seen theories that the original Joyboy is alive all along somehow, via the immortality fruit and evading the WG in secret and being the ultimate hermit ever but given Luffys awakening and what we know now, that surely is impossible ofc? Luffy is the reincarnated/inherited Joyboy via his DF or w/e?

When Oda introduced forwards time travel with Toki, I groaned so hard and feared Oda would go down this accursed road. I had fears Vegapunk would introduce time travel officially, making a time machine and maybe having a fruit related to it and the reveal about the Ancient Kingdom recently and what we've seen of Vegapunk, subtle teases of what he can do isn't helping my fears.

Since Luffy offiically doesn't have the Rubber fruit after all, that lovely little retcon, no biggie at all, especially after only a mere 25 years of being gaslit by Oda, its all cool, all chill, no hate, I just wonder, who has the actual Rubber fruit out there?

Is there is a liquid resin Logia like @Pringles amongst others was theorising and vainly hoping to be the real case with Luffys fruit instead? Thus paralleling how Katakuri was revealed as a Logia initially but immediately changed to a "Special Paramecia" instead? I thought Luffy was gonna be a Special Paramecia and exhibit Logia-like qualities as well as Zoan one as he has done already, thus truly paralleling him with Katakuri/Donut D Lover BUT Oda played us all for fools, played us like a fiddle!

Find out anyway on the next 100 chapters of DraggingPlot Stalling Z! Or is it Luffuto: Silhouette? Dattebayo!

(I don't even know more, Oda is wrecking our sanity too much lmao)

Honestly though, we've yet to see a giant canonically with a DF and I REALLY want to see a giant with the wind logia BUT if not, I will gladly see a giant with the actual Rubber fruit too, that would be amazing! Luffys ultimate matchup right now potentially? A giant Katakuri equivalent, literally?
Post automatically merged:

I have a small theory that during the Big War, Blackbeard will raid Impel Down again for more recruits, and hopefully Bon Clay can escape for good at that time.
That would be so awesome! A great way to bring back Doflamingo too! Alternatively, Cross Guild does it because they want to recruit Doflamingo and get more manpower but Blackbeard might make more sense to be the one to raid Impel Down?

:cheers::steef::neesama::amazing:
Post automatically merged:

They worship 12 year old girls do you really think they've got any idea about milfs n cougars
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

You didnt have to drop another nuke on them dude! DAMN!

:snoopy::crazwhat::eeke::lulz:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
It ain't that useless rabbit. I can spare you from the pain already.
Considering the timeline of events right now I'm not sure who else it could be
I doubt it's an angel as that wouldn't feel cliffhanger worthy at this point
And the vibes I'm getting is that it's someone we have not seen on Egghead yet that's supposed to be surprising

I know I'm kinda setting myself up rn but at the same time I see a potential door opening
:shocking:

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Yeah there was a flying prison in that too but it was mentioned recently, that they had an idea for Film Red to involve, a sky version of Impel Down too:

https://www.animesenpai.net/rejecte...iece-film-red-shared-by-movies-scriptwriters/

Rejected Ideas of Film Red

Recently, Eiichiro Oda and the scriptwriters of One Piece Film Red let the people know of countless ideas that came to their minds during the scriptwriting of the film. Some of these ideas are pretty appealing, and some are surprisingly unexpected. Here are some ideas that they quoted.

One Piece Film Red was originally thought to be centered around the return of Enel (The antagonist of the Skypiea Arc). But it was rejected by most people in the meeting instantly, so, it was scrapped
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a prison break film for rescuing Mr. 2 (more commonly known as Bon-chan). The prison break would be from “Impel Down” where he was captured when he created a way for Luffy and other prisoner pirates to escape. Uta was supposed to arrive at this prison and comfort the prisoners, who were going berserk. This idea was rejected by the movie’s scriptwriter.
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a “Time Travel” themed movie where Luffy travels back in time to meet a younger Shanks. The idea was rejected by one side of the meeting and caused a collision between the two sides of the meeting. It was scraped ultimately.
One Piece Film red was supposed to be a story involving an academy where people with devil fruits are trained and one of these people will have a time-traveling devil fruit that will help Luffy in time traveling. But the difference this time would be that he would be meeting the previous owner of the Gomu-Gomu fruit (which might have been Joyboy). This idea was also scrapped, maybe because it would have spoiled something major about the ending of the series.
One Piece Film Red was also supposed to have major villains like Doflamingo and Crocodile, as requested by Oda himself. But he was rejected by the script-writer of the film as he wanted to focus on just the story of Uta and Shanks and how their relationship progressed. Oda’s main idea behind this request was to create an all-star film that had major characters, just like One Piece Stampede.
Uta was supposed to have book-related devil fruit and she would capture everyone in a book world. But it was scrapped as Charlotte Mont-d’Or already has this devil fruit (Book-Book fruit). The director of the film suggested a song-related devil fruit after this argument, which was accepted.
Uta’s character design was first considered as an opera singer, with Elegia focusing on being an orchestral stage. Her design was also suggested to be a country girl with a guitar, but, as pop idols are pretty popular in Japan right now, they agreed on a pop-idol design.
One Piece Film Red was supposed to be a story involving Luffy, Bartolomeo, and Law fighting human-like ships. This was scrapped because of its simplicity.

Inspirations for the Real Film Red

Although these ideas might not have been considered a possible plot of the movie, they inspired some ideas for the original movie.

When the idea of Uta arriving at Impel Down was given, an idea was suggested that Uta will use her devil fruit to control all prisoners and break out of the prison, to rule the world. This led to the decision of how the personality of Uta will be possessive and selfish, just like in the original movie.
When the idea of fighting human-like ships was given, Oda suggested creating a human-like creature for the Straw Hats’ ship The Golden Sunny. This led to the origin of Sunny-kun which is a human-like creature of The Golden Sunny, that appears in the movie.
Oda bragging about One Piece’s World-building

When the meeting for the ideas of One Piece Film Red ended, the scriptwriter of the movie explained Oda’s message to them. He said that Oda was so confident in the world-building of the series that even if the plot was centered around the Straw Hats traveling to Space, it would not have been enough to collapse the world-building of the series.

Anything can happen in One Piece, even something like going to space could be possible
Oy i want the time travel one!!!

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm genuinely curious as to how that situation starts and ends :crazwhat:

definitely not for when I go to the zoo saloon or anything :kawak:
Hahaha right?! This is the definition of reality is stranger than fiction! Its like a freaking One Piece moment IRL?! Dadan aggressively carrying a lion away after it tried to attack and eat Luffy and his bros? Maybe an AU where she encounted Mohji and Richie from Buggys crew and store Richie away? Maybe that could have been Nami actually?! Since Oda did intend for her to have an automail arm and a leg/foot too and use a GIANT (Giant's?) axe too!

Should I check the Aussie news from now on to see if there's any cases of a mad lad kidnapping big cats from a local zoo? Channelling their own Steve Irwin? Crikey!

:usosmug::fujilaugh::vistalaugh::rolaugh::kailaugh:

Hahaha right?! This is the definition of reality is stranger than fiction! Its like a freaking One Piece moment IRL?! Dadan aggressively carrying a lion away after it tried to attack and eat Luffy and his bros? Maybe an AU where she encounted Mohji and Richie from Buggys crew and store Richie away? Maybe that could have been Nami actually?! Since Oda did intend for her to have an automail arm and a leg/foot too and use a GIANT (Giant's?) axe too!

Should I check the Aussie news from now on to see if there's any cases of a mad lad kidnapping big cats from a local zoo? Channelling their own Steve Irwin? Crikey!

:usosmug::fujilaugh::vistalaugh::rolaugh::kailaugh:
Haha! When she put it down it literally felt like a mother scolding a child so definitely a dadan vibe

I think one of the giant pirate crew uses a big fuck off axe like that, could be Gerd??? GODA??!
Wait, are the giant pirates gonna unironically be relevant to the plot now not just some ally for the final war :quest:

Tbh after mentioning this, I've become a one piece theorist. Sorry @Zolo truthism is going on hold

I doubt you'd have to, it'd probably be everywhere in no time. Australia's Florida man:kobeha:

G

Gorosei Informer

Haha! When she put it down it literally felt like a mother scolding a child so definitely a dadan vibe
Lmao right?! Given how badass/tough Dadan is, I could see her doing it too!

I think one of the giant pirate crew uses a big fuck off axe like that, could be Gerd??? GODA??!
Yeah thats the one! Oda was def referencing his Nami concept art with her! I was so happy that he not only made Gerd return and had her join the SH Grand Fleet too va Hajrudin joining BUT also her design and her having the axe Nami was meant to have, well something similar!

Since we have giants as part of the Grand Fleet, they should take the SHs into Elbaf since they are from there too, the New Giant Pirates hail from Elbaf unlike other giants like Saul as we know ofc.

Wait, are the giant pirates gonna unironically be relevant to the plot now not just some ally for the final war :quest:
Lmao yep! I really hope so! The Grand Fleet has done nothing except for Barto attacking Shanks territory and invoking his wrath potentially which Oda is gonna offscreen the confrontration between them because hes GODA ofc and cameos/side roles (with just Barto I think) in Stampede and Film Red?

I really hope the Grand Fleet actually play a role somehow, I'm guessing they are being saved for the final war for convenience but going to war with 2 Yonkos and no Grand Fleet to back up the alliance instead of the Tama BS was just utter nonensical tripe lol.

I doubt you'd have to, it'd probably be everywhere in no time. Australia's Florida man:kobeha:
Hahahaha oh man! How WILD would an Aussie Florida Man equivalent be?! Given how utterly wild/chaotic Australia already is!?

Thats too funny man, Aussie Florida Man hahaha!

:snoopy::crazwhat::lulz::hohoho:

Status
Not open for further replies.