Character Discussion Berserk and One Piece Parallels [MASSIVE BERSERK SPOILERS] {CAUTION}

J

Jo_Ndule

Guys, One Piece is written for 15 year olds. How much depth do you expect from the characters? Can you imagine Oda making Zoro kill a child? Heck, Oda can't even kill Pell or Baum. Its easier for a seinen to develop deeper settings. Nevertheless, Zoro is GOAT in a shonen settings, I cant think of any comparable seinen version of the "nothing happened" moment.
:gonope:please Zoro was never GOAT

Stop overrating that TB scene.

I can name 25 characters secondary characters better than Zoro

It's been awhile since I read through Baki, but the one that sticks to me off the top of the head is that both their Epithets are the World's Strongest Creature. That's when I started looking for parallels and found quite a bit of One Piece drawing inspiration from Baki. If I get some time I'll try to go back and refresh my memory, because l never wrote it down the first time I was making parallels between the two, but I just remember as I was reading through Baki I kept getting holy shit moments.

Edit: Oh, also, Yujiro is known as "Ogre" and Kaido has the whole "Oni" theme going on.

P.S Baki is <3
Yeah I am also a big fan of Baki. You are right about WSC and the ogre thing. I cant recall any other similarity rn

:gonope:please Zoro was never GOAT

Stop overrating that TB scene.

I can name 25 characters secondary characters better than Zoro
Seriously? 25? Let's hear them. Add main characters also if u want :beckmoji:

That Thriller Bak moment is underrated and same goes for Zoro. I should make one thread about this topic everyday:kayneshrug:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Apart from both being swordsman and badass, their development is similar. Both started as loners, then gain nakama on their way and fully believing in dreams of their leaders. They are both endurance monsters, can take a lot of damage and won't hesitate to cut themselves if necessary.
Zoro was a loner yes but he already had his own dream (WSS) and he wasn’t as raw/savage as Guts.

Guts was an animal, betrayed by his « father », only knew war, horrible childhood, and since then only battlefield after battlefield. Guts relationship with other human beings were close to 0.

and even during Band of hawk arc Guts/Griffith relationship were quite different from Luffy/Zoro