Berserk - Art or just lowbrow wishfullfilment rape erotica

It is no secret that many, especially on youtube, treat Berserk as a super meaningful masterpiece that is beyond aproach. I even tried searching for more negative opinions on it but scarcly found anything.
But just looking at it without all the rose tinted glasses - does it hold up? Did it need the rape horse, Casca enjoying being violated, the.starwars references or the pedobaiting
(Miura being a lolicon but nobody pointing it out could also be a topic...)

The art is epic and I loved everything leading up to the Eclipse. Even the Eclipse was amazing but I was iffy on the rape scene though I get why it happened.

Later on the only thing I enjoyed is Guts. And I don't mean the people in his party but literally only Guts was interesting.

I wasn't a fan of the rape scenes later on and they felt forced tbh (as in forcefully put in the story). The side characters feel mediocre aside from Skull Knight who is the lore dump master but doesn't really get the chance to lore dump in our faces.

All in all, for me, it's a 7/10 mostly for pre-Eclipse stuff and just the legacy of the story. Depending on how good the continuation will be it might go up.

I asked the thread opener about this.
I mean how can she enjoy it??m!
He literally threw every bait-worthy thing he could into a single post.

Anyone who’s actually thought about with an iq higher than 17 knows that Casca didn’t enjoy being raped, Miura isn’t a pedo (there’s literally a widespread claim that he drew stuff for comic loo - a lolicon magazine - but that’s literally bullshit), etc

I’m surprised the mods haven’t taken this drown

Last edited:
B

Ballel

He literally threw every bait-worthy into a single post.
anyone who’s actually thought about with an iq higher than 17 knows that Casca didn’t enjoy being raped, Miura isn’t a pedo (there’s literally a widespread that he drew stuff for comic loo - a lolicon magazine - but that’s literally bullshit), etc

Just report it then.
The bias mods can't see everything.

He literally threw every bait-worthy into a single post.
anyone who’s actually thought about with an iq higher than 17 knows that Casca didn’t enjoy being raped, Miura isn’t a pedo (there’s literally a widespread that he drew stuff for comic loo - a lolicon magazine - but that’s literally bullshit), etc

They probably can't get around to remove every post.

I mean, it's enough that they have to go cleaning up your comments, SeamanRecruitLinyagi.