Rules Berserk General Dicussion

I'm glad we saw Guts and his group again. Hopefully there is a lil chance that Casca can get rid of her fear and flash backs when she faces Guts.
Shierkes and Faneses magic demonstration was entertaining and I wonder if its getting even more important in the next chapters. maybe we can hope for a lil buff for the two aswell.

Seeing Skully again made me really happy. But what he has said left me behind with a strange feeling.

Chapter was amazing.

Miura needs to stop teasing this dialogue with SK tho.
:few:

Other than that, I loved the relationship between Morda and Schierke that was being developed. The witch that Morda was speaking to is a clear parallel to Flora, and SK's blacksmith is a clear parallel to Godot, it's awesome seeing Guts/SK paralleled like that as well as Schierka/Morda.

I'm super excited for the next few chapters, the amount of times SK was referred to as "king" or "your majesty" makes me think we can expect a flashback or backstory in the coming chapters.

When the Dwarf says "as expected of my work" and SK replies with "thanks to you", it made me think that maybe the armour does more than just a power up. Also this chapter also highlights the Age of SK which appears to be unimaginably more than expected. Does the armour slows down the aging process of it's owner..?? I thought it would destroy the body..:wonderland:
Another thing;
Never thought I would see that again..!!
Is it hinting towards the Guts suit being owned by some evil power previously or the suit being cursed by the witch after it possessed it's former owner..??
Nor that the Two would appear together..!!
Is it hinting that these armour are the opposite of each other and made to counter one another to make the balance..??
So curious to see the history of Berserker Armour in next chapter, which we might get in 6 months at best..:sanmoji:

U
Morda is very interesting i think she can become one of my favorite female characters if she gets some more time
And again he is teasing us with Skull night just reveal that he is Gaiseric you have been implying it for 300 chapters now
The chapter was pretty good the art is awesome as always but that cliffhanger was too cruel i have to wait a year to find out what will happen.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oh man, I loved this chapter. Miura fires out another banger.

So, the amount of times the Skull Knight was referred to as a King this chapter was off the charts. I expect we’ll find out that the guy is in fact the Legendary King Gaiseric soon. There’s no reason to delay it much longer and all of the pieces are adding up.

The scenes with Schierke flying were nice. I love her and it was cool to see her experiencing that.

Meeting Hanarr was cool too, and it’s nice to know that he actually designed the Berserker Armor with some kind of mastery in mind. Guts has slowly learned more and more about how to use the armor effectively, but I look forward to an actual explanation behind the armor’s purpose in 5 to 8 months.

A great chapter for me. Heavily looking forward to the next one as always.
Post automatically merged:

Also this chapter also highlights the Age of SK which appears to be unimaginably more than expected. Does the armour slows down the aging process of it's owner..?? I thought it would destroy the body..:wonderland:
I’m pretty sure he is talking about Skull Knight’s own armor, not the Berserker armor. Skull Knight’s Armor is keeping him alive, though it seems to be similar to the Berserker Armor since Hanarr describes Skull Knight as “like a corpse wriggling around in his coffin”

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I did a tiny Berserk appreciation post in Owl's beautiful thread here:

I do declare, now I can read Owl's beautiful opinions in real-time
:dogood:

Well in the spirit of kicking off this thread, I wanted to do a small post of appreciation for my favorite Manga ever starring my favorite fictional character ever, Berserk. I imagine the majority of this thread will be devoted to criticisms and such, and the Bleach discussion will undoubtedly get bumped here, but I'm going to go on a beautiful caffeine-induced side tangent right off of the bat. I hope you guys enjoy :) (And seriously, read Berserk. I need more fanbois).

I am currently in my 3rd readthrough of Berserk, and honestly, there are so many reasons I love this manga. Whether it be the gargantuan displays of abstract beauty like these:

To the visceral displays of brutal artistic violence:

To the more quiet and heartfelt moments:

This is a series that has captured every fiber of my soul, and no other Manga aside from Kingdom has even approached my appreciation for this complete masterpiece. It's hard to explain what makes the actual story itself so memorable without diving into hardcore spoilers, but let's just say that Berserk tackles themes that I've never seen even attempted in other manga. Berserk is in many ways, a satire of traditional Shonen-tye stories in the way that it tells its story.

To give some minor details, the main antagonist of Berserk is essentially a dark, twisted, more horrifying version of Shonen protagonists like Naruto or Luffy, someone who lived his life in pursuit of a dream, and ultimately achieves that dream in the end, but Berserk goes about this trope in a truly horrific way rather than an idolizing way like other Manga do. Guts as the protagonist, begins the story as literally the strongest human alive, but the story is quick to reinforce how much Guts' titanic strength is completely and utterly meaningless in comparison to forces like fate, destiny, and the supernatural. Even though Guts is the strongest human in the world of Berserk, the forces that he is up against are so much more astronomically powerful than any mortal could ever become, that the story is less focused on how Guts is supposed to get stronger to overcome his next obstacle, and more on Guts' struggle against forces that no mortal should ever be able to stand against in the first place.

Again, it's really hard to deep-dive into Berserk without spoiling things and I really don't want to spoil the story in this thread, I would just strongly recommend anyone who is itching for a Manga to read to dive headfirst into the GOAT.

Oh, and also disclaimer, Berserk is X-Rated. There is heavy explicit rape and horrific sexual violence throughout. It's a pretty dark manga that's not going to appeal for everyone, and it's definitely meant for an older audience lol. So keep this in mind before you dive in, but if you think you can handle such heavy themes, this is one of the best stories you will ever read, I can guarantee that lol.

I started reading berserk 3 months ago ... it was recommened to me by a friend of mine. First i was heistant when i heard it was about 360 chapters and ongoing ... cuz i'm a slow reader, if i read too quickly i don't connect the dots.
Chris (my friend) adviced me to listen to Berserk OSTs playlists while reading the chapters ... this is where i first fell in love with the series.
Berserk has an atmoshere of it's on, especially for a guy like me, who loved reading Fist of the north star ... i felt genuine joy with every chapter, the story was not forced nor complicated, a guy with a rough past found an interesting character to follow and later walk along ... every event was justified by Character personality & Development.

Some chapter were a little bit Meh though, if i was to rate the first half of the series it would be 10/10
the 2nd half would get 8/10 though, because i felt a sort of story dragging in some of the later chapters.